• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSB4 Charectors: Who's Going?

Wolf shall remain as is. His moveset isn't similar enough to be considered a dupe. Going by the logic, it is more probable that Falco will either be removed, as he is almost an exact dupe of Fox.

On that topic, I agree with NESpowerhouse. It is likely that dupe characters will either have more unique movesets, or will be removed entirely.

Fig

The Altruist
I really do hope that either Geno (Super Mario RPG), Shadow the Hedgehog, Megaman, Zero (Megaman), Black (Pokemon Male Trainer in Black/White), or Ghirahim make it into the new Super Smash Bros. game! Either one would be a great addition, especially Geno and Shadow. :P

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Ok, heres my list:

R.O.B. :
Personally, i liked him in the subspace emissary, it made the game and the story all the more interesting! But honestly, he isn't that great. Not to mention he isn't that widely used or popular, not to mention he was an accessory for a game that Nintendo keeps throwing into random games. unless they give him his own series, I don't see much potential for him.

Lucario:
This is obvious. I don't really have to explain this, but Mewtwo was gone, Lucario is going to leave too. Probably Zoroark will replace him, or member even Victini, seeing as he's going to be in the new Black and White that will be released before the Wii U is launched, and he's kinda cute and cool looking.

Pokemon Trainer:
Look at ALIT's post. I couldn't say it any better.

Toon Link: I don't like him personally, and I don't think Nintendo will make a Link clone when they haven't had Toon Link in a game for a while now. Maybe Child Link or Ghirahim or Demise?

Ice Climbers: THIS GUYS SUCKED. SUCKED. I mean the Nostalgia factor is one thing, but come on, they havent been in a game for what, a decade? Come on Nintendo, stop with the rehashing. I hated Olimar, but since you;re probably making Pikmin 3 you're most likely keeping him.

Also, enough with wanting tails in SSB4. I'd rather get knuckles or shadow, they'd be better fighters. i don't really fancy another bad fighter, Tails isn't a fighter. period. End of story. yet i could see classic sonic and modern sonic, like in Generations!

Removing characters? Why on earth would they do that? With the sole exception of Mewtwo and Roy (Who were planned to be in Brawl from the beginning.) every other character removal was completely warranted.

Pichu and Dr. Mario were useless beyond belief, Young Link is essentially Toon Link, and Mewtwo and Roy were probably removed due to time constraints. There's nothing to be gained by removing characters simply because they're not the most relevant in their franchises. Ganondorf will never leave, Pokemon Trainer might get a revamp, even the "clones" like Luigi, Falco, and Ganondorf are now different enough with their standard smashes to be cosidered unique characters. The only franchise that constantly changes its roster is the Pokemon franchise, but even then, we'll always see some new generation representative and Pikachu on the list of fighters.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well, I'm just hoping for characters from Kid Icarus:Uprising to make an appearance. I'm not really sure about removals, but I can see Lacario leaving in favor of a Gen. 5 Pokemon.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Ok, heres my list:

R.O.B. :
Personally, i liked him in the subspace emissary, it made the game and the story all the more interesting! But honestly, he isn't that great. Not to mention he isn't that widely used or popular, not to mention he was an accessory for a game that Nintendo keeps throwing into random games. unless they give him his own series, I don't see much potential for him.

Toon Link: I don't like him personally, and I don't think Nintendo will make a Link clone when they haven't had Toon Link in a game for a while now. Maybe Child Link or Ghirahim or Demise?

Ice Climbers: THIS GUYS SUCKED. SUCKED. I mean the Nostalgia factor is one thing, but come on, they havent been in a game for what, a decade? Come on Nintendo, stop with the rehashing. I hated Olimar, but since you;re probably making Pikmin 3 you're most likely keeping him.

I started using R.O.B. recently and I found him good even if he was clunky. He just needs practice and work.

Toon Link became my main. I used to use Ike but I found that TL has TONS of potential. So definitely I think he should stay.

Ice Climbers are surprisingly good. They have a few hidden tricks that the masters have gotten down and when that's done it's practically a cinch to use them. I know the theory behind these but I don't know how to use them that well.

I don't mind too many characters. I was disappointed in Diddy, Olimar, and Pokemon Trainer though.

If I could have anyone it'd be Hector from Fire Emblem, Ridley and/or Dark Samus from Metroid, and Ghirahim. And add another F-Zero character, either Black Shadow or Blood Falcon. Both'd be fine.

The real change that I support is outfit changes, not just color changes. And with outfit changes I think that character moves should change. Like Mario could get the Super Lear, Hammer Suit, Fire Flower, and Tanooki Suit as other outfits that change his move set. Another example would be Samus with the Fusion suit, Gravity suit, and PED suit. Just an idea though.

First of all, limit it to character per third party publisher. It is a nintendo fighting game, we don't need all of the sonic the hedgehog characters, we are fine with just sonic. Also make clones as alternate costumes.

Lucas, Ike, Lucario, PokeTrainer, and maybe Snake and Sonic if SEGA and Konami don't allow it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
they don't have to get rid of the semi-cloned characters,just just do something to make them even further apart from the moveset they're based on
i don't want Falco or Toon Link to go...

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I don't really like the idea of removing characters, only fixing and adding. They need to remove the moveset for clone characters like Falco and Ganondorf, and make them more unique.

Why does any character need to be dropped? They should just add new characters and keep all of the existing characters. Really, what's the point of cutting a character? The only character that I think should really be cut is Jigglypuff, and only because she's not really all that relevant anymore and Generation I Pokémon are already overrepresented in Brawl.

I agree about the Ganondorf thing. He's a clone of Captain Falcon. If they gave him his own unique moves, that'd be sick.
Really they should keep all of the brawl characters and just add to the list
Characters that I want to stay:
-Link
-Samus
-Pit
-Zelda/Sheik
-Solid Snake
-Ness
-Mario
-Luigi
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Kirby
-Yoshi
-Fox
-Capt. Falcon
-Sonic
-Ike
-Pikachu

Characters they should add:
-Tingle (Lol, how interesting would that be?)
-Leon from Resident Evil 4
-Blastoise
-Little Mac (Punch out)
-Ghirahim
-Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
-Spyro
-Funky Kong
-Spiderman
-Starkiller
There are loads more that I can't think of, but yeah.

K

Kalhigdon

I think that the only characters that should be removed are ROB and Toon Link. I just believe that there are better characters out there that deserve a place on the roster other than ROB. As for Toon Link I do not see him being anything but a mirror to link in the next game and The Legend of Zelda series has better characters to offer then just mirrors. The other characters that are considered mirrors should be drastically changed to fix that, the following being these characters: Gannondorf (include his sword into his moveset and get way away from him being a Captain Falcon clone), Flaco (I like the direction that Super Smash Brothers Brawl took in trying to get away from him being just like Fox by making him throw his shield), Wolf (once again I like that they changed his moveset just a little bit by making his side B attack and an angle, but I would love to see him and Falco both get seperate smash attacks from Fox), and Lucas (he is already a little unique but a little more could not hurt.)

Pokemon Trainer was made to be just like Red the most memorable character from the Pokemon games, and I think dropping him would be a huge mistake. I think the problem can just be solved by adding either a Rival Trainer with pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh or a Female Trainer with just Black and White generation pokemon.

The Lucario and Mewtwo situation is more of a difficult fix. Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl but was not inserted due to timing. I personally did not like Mewtwo's moveset and feel that if it is changed people will not be mad that he is back. Lucario sees a lot of play in tournaments and is overall a good character and I would like him to return but he is less likely I feel to return then Mewtwo. Then of course Zoroark is the new popular represenative of Pokemon so he will probably be inserted into the game. The only way to not overload on Pokemon characters while keeping the fans happy is most likely to bench Mewtwo again or Lucario this time with Zoroark taking the others spot respectively on the roster.

As for the third party characters I foresee Sonic comming back with maybe even another character from his games either Tails or Knuckles (not Shadow because I feel he will be another mirror even though he could have an original moveset I still feel like Nintendo would take he mirror route) but I do not see Snake making another appearance. Instead a good person to add in his place would be the blue bomber himself, Megaman, who would be a great addition or even Pacman since Namco is helping with the development. Please God let them add Banjo and Kazooie to the mix too.

I also see the Mario series adding two characters (Bowser Jr., Toad, Paper Mario, or Waluigi being the most likely), two new Zelda characters with Toon Link being dropped (Vaati and Midna riding Wolf Link would be my choices), one Metriod character (Ridley if they resize him, maybe Dark Samus with a unique moveset if they don't), one Donkey Kong character (King K. Rool), One Fire Emblem, Star Fox, or Kirby character (Lynn or Black Knight for Fire Emblem, Krystal for Star Fox, and Knuckle Joe for Kirby), and a F-Zero character (Samurai Goroh).

Lastly, newcomers I do not have that much of a grasp on, however. Isaac from Golden Sun, Little Mac, and a Mii character are the only ones I am sure will be in it. Ray Mk. II would be nice as would an Animal Crossing character (not sure who) but like I said I don't really know about this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom