• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Ura Zelda?

Although I highly doubt Nintendo's gonna do this, but wouldn't it be cool if they released a DLC package for Skyward Sword:D? I mean it could have new areas, new dungeons, new enemies( new enemies is something SS gravely needs) new minigames maybe some new shields, and more upgrades for your items. Maybe an expansion of The Sky! What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
DLC means Downloadable content right? Anyway, Nintendo would never do this, but if they did there would be a buch of things that they could do. As you stated, SS needs more types of enemies. It was fun to murder all of those Bokoblins, but It got a little repedative after a while.

I dont think that there needs to be an expansion of the sky, just more islands and side-quests that involve logical thinking and can turn out differently. Some more minigames would also be a nice addition. Just a bunch of new stuff... and maybe an snow area and an optional Snow temple.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm thinking some free DLC that relates to extra dungeons + superbosses, as Skyward Sword was pretty limiting in the boss/dungeon department. New enemies along with new areas of the land below would also do the game justice, and maybe an AI patch here or there. Why free DLC? Nintendo isn't quite used to DLC as far as I know, and it'd be excellent for them to release some starter free stuff on a major game so they can get the hang of what consumers wants, when they want it, and so on, so it'd prepare Nintendo for the big launch of the Wii U! I mean, free DLC that is broken is better than paid DLC that is broken!

I'm still not sure how much free space is on the Wii Optical Disc, so DLC expansions may or may not be possible. I still would like it to happen, though!

Hmm... Some of the things that you - the OP - listed are not typically released as DLC. When they are, many fans see them as a sort of means to "fix" the game rather than add an [enjoyable] quality to the game. However, the fact that fans find Skyward Sword lacking in various areas seems to suggest that [some] fans wouldn't mind a "fix."

I think it's worthy to note that SS is a linear, story-heavy title, and as such, its dungeon progression moves the story along. That said, it might not be in the best interest of Nintendo to add DLC to the game, unless it doesn't interfere or tamper with the plot in anyway. Thus, DLC would likely be limited to more enemies, a few upgrades, and aesthetic changes to Link (and other characters). Any dungeons released as DLC would likely be minigame-esque in design, as to avoid tampering with the game's plot.

DLC [in SS] seems like a terrible idea, if you ask me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Some of the things that you - the OP - listed are not typically released as DLC.

Oh no, Wolfie, this stuff is always released as DLC. The difference with SS though, is that it won't be on disc DLC - id est, everything downloaded will be new stuff that is developed by Nintendo or whatever company they contract to work on the content. Compared to, say, paying to "unlock" some modes in many fighting games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo released a "balance patch", that fixes many problems in the game beyond the game breaking glitch and so on (here I mean actual problems, not personal disappointments).

i think that it would be a good idea but there would have to be more added to it (waaaaay more) for it to become another legit game.

Oh no, Wolfie, this stuff is always released as DLC. The difference with SS though, is that it won't be on disc DLC - id est, everything downloaded will be new stuff that is developed by Nintendo or whatever company they contract to work on the content. Compared to, say, paying to "unlock" some modes in many fighting games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo released a "balance patch", that fixes many problems in the game beyond the game breaking glitch and so on (here I mean actual problems, not personal disappointments).

Um no, they're not; not always. When they are, many fans view them as "fixes" or things that should have been in the game in the first place, and many of those fans are left disappointed. I doubt Nintendo would ever go that route and for good reason. Any perceived problems in Skyward Sword are personal disappointments, nothing more, unless they legitimately cause problems for the player (like the game-breaking glitch). Things of that nature warrant DLC [fixes].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom