• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Thunder Dragon Boss Gauntlet

Sorry if someone has already posted this but anyways... What do you guys think of the Boss Gauntlet in SS? I was just playing SS then, doing the boss gauntlet when they put the two hardest bosses right next to each other. The 7th one was the scorpion think which for me is hard, and when I finished that I had one heart left, right in time for koloktos on the 8th one which was right before the hylian shield!!!:mad:

All experiencs aside, do you find the Thunder Dragons lightning round hard, alright or just meh:)
You could even post your best times on the bosses in this thread:lol:

It wasn't too bad. The best trick is to get the hardest boss done first when you can still pick, and make sure you pick up all the recovery hearts you can.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I thought it was alot of fun! I couldnt beat it myself :( but my boyfriend and I took turns on each boss, and we were able to get the Hylian Shield! Just take your time with it. Im gonna try to run through it and beat it on my own :P I could not beat the sandships boss on my own. Each time it was my turn to fight him, id get freaked out and die. I hate that dumb octopus...

MW7

I thought it was the hardest intentionally designed challenge in any 3d Zelda game (as opposed to things gamers invented like the 3 day challenge of Majora's Mask). I had some real struggles with it on hero mode. I got the heart piece and shield (after a few tries- that wasn't easy either), but playing through all 12 on hero mode is something that I just can't do yet.

Fig

The Altruist
The Boss Gauntlet is only hard when you are playing in Hero Mode, since the bosses would deal twice as much damage. Luckily, I found secret techniques to help have full hearts until the 10th boss I fight (Bosses are random, but with my technique, you can prevail!) in the Boss Gauntlet! :P

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Those bosses can be hard. For me the Demon horde battle was hardest, but for those of you who just keep losing and can never make it, like me, I have something to say that I picked up while playing Zelda. If you don't try, you'll never do it, and, if you keep losing, keep trying, you'll do it eventully. Got it?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I thought it was easy, you get the master sword which is 4 times more damaging than whatever you fought the bosses with before in many cases.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I feel like you're the only one who thinks Moldarach is hard. Thank you so much for agreeing with me. Everyone says he's easy. :P

I don't really remember my first run of the Lightning Round – the one outside of Hero Mode, I mean. But I got the last form of Ghirahim every single time I tried in Hero Mode. I just prayed I wouldn't get Demise, haha. That would have meant instant death for me.

I ended up with only three hearts left and fighting Moldarach before the Hylian Shield. I was, quite literally, freaking out. My heart was actually pounding as I fought him, haha. Somehow I survived with have a heart. I was quite proud of myself. ^^

One of these days, I intend to go back and do all of the bosses at once. Luckily, I don't need to get the Heart Piece, because before I actually made it through enough bosses the get to the Hylian Shield, I got the Heart Piece first, since I was afraid I wouldn't survive the next battle.

MW7

The Boss Gauntlet is only hard when you are playing in Hero Mode, since the bosses would deal twice as much damage. Luckily, I found secret techniques to help have full hearts until the 10th boss I fight (Bosses are random, but with my technique, you can prevail!) in the Boss Gauntlet! :P
Would you be willing to share that secret? *puppy eyes*

One way to make it much easier is to drink a guardian potion plus right before starting and selecting the boss that's hardest for you first (most suggest doing the horde). Pretty much an easy way to bypass a fight or two with no danger at all. The effects of potions carry through even though you can't use them during the boss rush. I'm not sure because I actually haven't done it but having the potion medal might help too.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally think that the boss rush is no better than the game itself, because of three factors:

1) Enemies encountered don't do buffed damage
2) Enemies always have the same AI. Always.
3) We DO do buffed damage (generally speaking you'll have the True Master Sword at this point in the game, generally).

I already find every boss in the game to be a joke. Putting them all one after another isn't going to make things the least bit harder, because I always have my skills at my disposal. If the bosses had different AI, a desperation move or two, and basically just different ways to defeat them than the ways you do in the story, I think I would like the boss rush a bit more. Do it like the Organization XIII Data matches in KH2FM are.

Last edited:
I feel like you're the only one who thinks Moldarach is hard. Thank you so much for agreeing with me. Everyone says he's easy. :P

I can do the 1st phase easy but something about the 2nd phase where he makes you stab him in the eye is just plain hard for me!! I think that the first two Ghirahim battles are easy in the lightning round!

What do i think of the boss gauntlet?

I'd have loved it if there wasn't a chance of seeing two bosses 3 damn times. It was not only boring and annoying but the Imprisoned in particular is incredibly awfully designed which leads to frustration and for me i just lost the will to play it. I got the Hylian shield eventually but to get it i had to fight the Imprisoned twice, which is not something i even wanted to do once. Girahim i didn't really mind but still, i knew he could come back twice more after defeating him once, Tentalus was also awful and Koloktus was nothing but a chore, the battle dragged on too long because it kept pulling itself back together again and then stood up, he wasn't even dangerous he was slow and his attacks took forever... Had the boss rush mode been in any other Zelda game then i'd have loved it, like the added one in OoT3D but Ss was the worst Zelda installment to place a boss rush in, especially for such wonderful prizes like the Hylian shield.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I actually found it frustrating the first time around, especially having to fight Koloktos. After a while I actually started to like it. I was able to acquire both the heart piece AND the Hylian Shield.
It was definitely worth it. Not only do I like the Boss Guantlet, I also liked being able to do the Silent Realms again. This was a plus/pro for Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom