• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS: Buy Immediately or Wait?

skybird11

state alchemist
this is more of a personal question. so far the earliest guessed release date for SS is september 25, other than that we have holiday 2011. so my question is should i buy it right when it comes out or wait for christmas, december 25? right now i have enough money to buy a wii game and dont have any plans to spend it.

also what do you plan to do, buy it or wait for a holiday?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would wait first. I think it's more easier to gather all the money. If I buy it now, I would probably not have enough then I would embarrass myself for not having enough money.

In your case i would buy something else, but then again you can save up money for the pre-order, so you can get bonus stuff with it. I already pre-ordered it a while ago, im going to be getter the golden zelda wiimote and the orchestrated sympathy soundtrack when they all come out.

I was recently out of the country. I arrived home June 19th (the day OoT 3d came out). I didn't get home from the airport until an hour after the Gamestop where I had my OoT preordered had closed. So I had to wait and get it the day AFTER it came out.

You know what it was like having to wait one day for that? Pure and absolute torture. Never again.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I've already pre-ordered a copy of Skyward Sword (well, I've put a small down payment on it...), so I'd like to get it the day it releases. I don't know if that'll be possible, considering what went on with Ocarina of Time 3D. Now imagine how many people will want SS compared to OoT 3D. I would like to get SS the very first day, but it does somewhat depend on when it actually releases. If it does release in September on either a Saturday or Sunday, I will certainly wait outside my local Gamestop through the night. Same if it releases in December, during my holiday break. However, if SS releases some time during the week while I have school, chances are I will not be able to get to a store early enough, and I'll probably be stuck for a while. It's also possible that I could finish paying off my pre-order and have it mailed to me, although, from what I've heard went on with mail orders of OoT 3D, I more then likely will not get it the very first day.

I certainly would like to buy SS immediately, but, as I said, that might not be feasible. I will try to get my hands on a copy as soon as possible, simply because I know I would be wringing my hands over SS every second I didn't have it. As far as what you should do, well, you have to decide if SS is your biggest priority. If so, you may want to consider pre-ordering it. If not, you could probably wait until Christmas, or buy something else first and then get SS.

well i was going to wait until Christmas but i changed my mind.i am going to get it the day it comes out. if it comes out in september then it will be a late birthday present for me as my birthday is september 12. i really hope it comes out september 25. i love Christmas (my favorite Holliday and it's not because of the presents) but i want Skyward Sword ASAP.

Purchase it as soon as possible! I know, you said you don't plan to spend your money elsewhere, but you may not know what will come up and cause you to have to spend it anyway (before SS's release date). I also suggest pre-ordering it ASAP, if possible.

Oh, and I myself plan to buy Skyward Sword around my birthday (November), along with the already released Ocarina of Time 3D; I don't celebrate Christmas...:dry:.

Why don't you wait and see? You have the money, but don't intend to spend it. So why don't you wait until the release date and if something catches your interest more or you want something immediately, buy it and then get Skyward Sword for Christmas. If not, then buy it when it releases and get something else for Christmas. :)

Wind Waker? Day One
Minish Cap? Borrowed it lol
Twilight Princess? Day One
Phantom hourglass? I don't remember lol
Spirit Tracks? Day One
Ocarina of Time 3D? Day One
Skyward Sword? DAY ONEEEEE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom