• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler SS Boss Sword + The Triforce.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I posted it here because it is more of a theory...

Watching one of the final scenes of the game I noticed when Demise is reborn his sword actually has the Triforce on it. See for yourself:

Perhaps Demise had some affiliation with the God's of old considering it is stated that Demise was a very old threat. What do you guys think of this?

Attachments

• demisetriforce.jpg
    demisetriforce.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the main reason the Triforce is there is just because Demise's sword is supposed to represent an opposing power to the Master Sword (or the other way around). But he was/is after the Triforce, so he may have included its design on his sword for that reason as well.

G

GrumbleGrumble

I thought it was interesting because isn't Demise's Triforce facing the opposite way Link's is? I believe it's supposed to show a hate for the Goddesses.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I really do think is that he incorporated the Triforce into the design of his sword...but note that it's upside down. Why? Well, the Triumph Forks as we well know is a mark that represents the three goddesses that the Hylians worship. Demise hates the gods as he so said in his speech before his eradication. If the upright Triumph Forks represent the success of the goddessess and their leaving the Hyrule, then the upside down Forks would logically represent them being brought down back to Hyrule and ultimately destroyed by Demise himself.

As Locke noted, he's after the Triforce, but also he is so full of it that he believes it is absolutely guaranteed that he'll obtain his goal. So in his cockiness, he may have made the design as he did to show his triumphant victory.

G

GrumbleGrumble

Also, call me crazy, but I totally remember seeing an inverted Triforce in the opening segment of MM. When Skull Kid, Tatl, and Tael were all standing in front of you after transforming you into a scrub. It might have been a low res shadow configuration, but I don't think so.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Thanks guys for your opinion, it was just a glance at first but I can't believe they actually included this... hmmm.

I agree with Vanitas 12's comment that he wants to bring the Goddesses back to Hyrule so he can destroy, there isn't much symbolism in Skyward Sword 9from what I can see) but this is really cool and the way you have interpreted this makes a lot of sense.

Also, call me crazy, but I totally remember seeing an inverted Triforce in the opening segment of MM. When Skull Kid, Tatl, and Tael were all standing in front of you after transforming you into a scrub.

What you're speaking of is this: invertdtriforce.jpg

It is obviously different story though. :l

G

gAmer_Matt

Gotta agree with Locke on this. The sword just looks like it's supposed to be the opposite or negative version of the Master Sword, so they coloured it black and flipped the triforce logo to show that.

I think it could mean a number of things, as you can see. But I think the most reasonable reason is that it's the equal opposite of the Master Sword (:mastersword:) almost. It aso represents the fact that he's after the Triforce. It's als oupside down, so that could represent him bringing everything down (as in killing the gods and recieving the Triforce). I also think that it could be a sealing mark. I think that if Demise or Link touced the Triforce, it's power would go into that mark on either of their swords, and it would power their sword to bring the other one down.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Originally Posted by Yuuki
What you're speaking of is this: Attachment 20625

It is obviously different story though. :l
But could it indicate something about Termina? Something about them hating the goddesses or the like?

As far as I know Demise has no connection with Termina considering we only know Link and Skull kid have so far.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I think this is just a method to convey good vs evil that emulates real life. Like in Christianity there is a cross as a symbol, and an upside down cross symbolizes Satin. I dont mean to bring up religion, my outlook on things like this are very laid back but delete if you want to mods.

I think this is just a method to convey good vs evil that emulates real life. Like in Christianity there is a cross as a symbol, and an upside down cross symbolizes Satin. I dont mean to bring up religion, my outlook on things like this are very laid back but delete if you want to mods.

Actually... that's a bastardized term, like the Swastika. The real upside down cross symbolizes St. Peter? (I think) Who was to be crucified, but he didn't feel himself worthy to be crucified like Jesus so he told them to crucify him upside down. (off topic I know, but I had to say it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom