• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler SS and OoT Possible Timeline Inconsistency

M

MetroAndroid

In OoT, every time Link travels through time, it creates a parallel universe. Since in Skyward Sword, Link time travels as well, you'd think it would be the same way, but from my impressions of the game, I got the opposite idea. ie The idea that you can change the future by going to the past (as opposed to time traveling always equals parallel universe). Right now, it's really late, so I can't really think properly on the subject, but I'd really like to see what you guys think about it.

In OoT, every time Link travels through time, it creates a parallel universe.
I'm not too much into theory stuff, but I don't think a parallel universe is created every time Link travels through time. A parallel universe is only created after Zelda is her dumb self and sends Link back to his own past, hence the first two splits in the timeline.

I don't worry too much about it 'cus apparently Nintendo can do whatever it wants, like create a third timeline where Link is defeated. ;p

M

MetroAndroid

The way I took it, when he traveled in time first it left behind the original universe (with no link/"hero is defeated"), then defeated Ganon (future timeline), then was sent back by Zelda to the child timeline. When he traveled back and forth in the actual game it was probably just back and forth between 2 parallel universes (future and original).

At any rate, I wish Nintendo wouldn't make time work differently in each game. -_-

I'm with Dot Dynamite, I think the split timeline was only created because Zelda did it. She also didn't change time, she just sent Link through time, and because her time doesn't depend on Link being there, it obviously doesn't just stop existing. I think with the Temple of Time, it actually moves Link up and time, where the other place in time stays in a sort of stasis until he returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom