• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
maybe one of the dead players wants to replace into the game as the host?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
@Morbid Minish
@Ragnarokio
@Libk
@RavenRaziel98
@15377

End of Day Whatever
15377 (3) - Ragnarokio, Morbid Minish, Libk
[ReturnOfMCH (1) - Dekunut]*

A strange Nagito Komaeda fan, with rotting flesh, aggressively enters the now dimly lit room. After him, a bunch of other zombies accompany the invasion with a choir of strange groans. "uuurh why...... let us rest......... in peace....... end...... our suffering.......". In the corner, the hosts Dekunut and MCH, sleeping like logs soon get dogpiled and devoured by most of the undead ones. After they're done getting rid of the hosts, the putrid creatures turn the attention to Numbers, the most voted that Day.
Threatened by the ghoulish scene, Numbers admits their identity in hope of redemption. Surprisingly there's no mercy, a knife is quickly shoved into the fella with a cool theme song, and their body is quickly devoured. The nightmare is over.

15377 is DEAD! They were Sephiroth, the 1x Lynchproof Mafia Godfather

Game is over! Town and Survivor win (?)
Thanks for playing, and I apologize on the host's behalf.

Rest of roles:

Morbid Minish
- JC Denton, the Town Cop
Libk - Bub and Bob, the Town JOAT
Ragnarokio - Crono, the Town Time Traveler
RavenRaziel - Caim, the 1x Deathproof Survivor

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Also I'm not sure if I get why Moe got modkilled, but I don't have access to the mafia chat. In any case I'll be reversing that decision when it comes to the players who won because afaic he didn't claim any of the stuff he posted to be messages from the mafia chat.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
role pm said:
Hello, Mikey the Moblin, and welcome to Square Enix Mafia!
You are The Space invader, the Town Spy/Miller! You represent the Space Invaders franchise.
Aliens invading from outer space, you are the archetypical ones who want to take over mankind and subjugate them to probing. Despite this you are somehow with the town.
Because you are technically the villain of your game, you appear allied with the Mafia, and as such show up on cop checks with that alignment. However due to this you can infiltrate the mafia chat for the past 3 messages and see what they have to say about the game, but don’t share it with others, that’s against the rules of the game.
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
You have entered battle wielding An Alien Starship. Please confirm your receival of this Role PM in the sign-up thread.

At the time Taito was still owned by Square Enix when we made this

basically I misunderstood what "don't share it" meant
apparently I was ok to say I could see mafia chat but not what was going on inside it, not the other way around

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
basically I misunderstood what "don't share it" meant
apparently I was ok to say I could see mafia chat but not what was going on inside it, not the other way around
While I do get that usually it makes more sense to forbid paraphrasing/quoting, I feel like in this case it had little to no weight without a roleclaim since only mafia will realize for sure what you were doing?

I guess roleclaims were allowed, so nothing stopped you from explaining it; but, assuming you played by the rules, had you just said "I'm also a Spy" and simply naked voted a person it would be even more busted than what you did imo. So that definitely feels like a balancing issue.

Last edited:
While I do get that usually it makes more sense to forbid paraphrasing/quoting, I feel like in this case it had little to no weight without a roleclaim since only mafia will realize for sure what you were doing?

I guess roleclaims were allowed, so nothing stopped you from explaining it; but, assuming you played by the rules, had you just said "I'm also a Spy" and simply naked voted a person it would be even more busted than what you did imo. So that definitely feels like a balancing issue.

I would wager the intent seems to be forcing somebody to baselessly hound people for unknown reasons but letting him role claim seems contrary to that. Of course I might be biased in my perception since I love doing that to players all the time but forbid them from even claiming their forbidden from claiming just to make them seem like an extra crazy person.

@Mikey the Moblin what was with the ninja stuff? Me and neon couldn't recall ninjas being brought up prior to that in the Mafia chat. All kills after that were submitted as done by secret fourth ninja member though. XD

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i would guess it is an attempt to keep the role from being too powerful, and it does act as a nerf. Mikey giving us information and us being able to work with him to analyze that information is a lot better than mikey getting the information and only being able to analyze it himself. He's a powerful information role in either case but is more powerful when given the ability to fullclaim his results.

Ragnarokio

Hello, Ragnarokio, and welcome to Square Enix Mafia!
You are Crono, the Town Time Traveler! You represent the Chrono franchise.
A young man from the city of Truce, you witnessed the princess Marle get sent through time, and in solving that problem discovered an even greater force bent on destroying the earth itself
Every night, you may target one player and either delay their action for one night or make them choose two actions in a single night.
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
You have entered battle wielding the Dreamseeker. Please confirm your receival of this Role PM in the sign-up thread.

my role pm, for posterity's sake

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I would wager the intent seems to be forcing somebody to baselessly hound people for unknown reasons but letting him role claim seems contrary to that. Of course I might be biased in my perception since I love doing that to players all the time but forbid them from even claiming their forbidden from claiming just to make them seem like an extra crazy person.

@Mikey the Moblin what was with the ninja stuff? Me and neon couldn't recall ninjas being brought up prior to that in the Mafia chat. All kills after that were submitted as done by secret fourth ninja member though. XD
you said you would run kills, so I interpreted that as you being untrackable

I can run kills I'm case there's a tracker or watcher to keep you both singularly accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom