• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Squad ZD: Yet ANOTHER ZD Fan Fiction

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Hello friends and family of ZD! Ari is here once again to bring you a brand new fan fiction from the vaults. This one is loosely based on the Naruto anime and of course, the Zelda Dungeon forums. I'd like to thank @Azure Sage for inspiring me through his writing and giving tips and feedback on my last stories. You're a very talented writer! I decided to use the story arc method in order to keep this more organized as I feel my last stories were a bit of a mish-mash of things. But don't worry, I still plan to keep it real and silly in this one! I hope everyone enjoys this little story and I hope I am able to bring a smile to your face. And of course, it's not just about me as the writer, it's about you guys as the audience and the inspiration for this thing!

Chapter 1 - Rodent Grub

-​
Summer was coming to an end in the Village of Friends. It could be easily seen amongst the hundreds of citizens, lowering their heads in shame and dread as they walked the streets to buy cheap groceries and condoms. As the villagers saw one another, they would let out a weak, “hi friend...”, as a greeting, but nothing more would be said. But the children of the village were anxious for fall to begin, as it would be the year that they shall acquire their own group and be set free from their parents and any kind of supervision. Would it be a good thing? Well, we, the readers of this grand tale, shall find out in due time.

“Man, I have a feeling I’m gonna get stuck with two losers I have nothing in common with,” Rep *****ed as he began to make small talk with his classmate, Pendio. “Frankly, I have nothing in common with anybody.”
“I’m sure it won’t be that bad,” Pendio reassured him.
“Alright, everyone, take your seats!” their sensai hollered out as he strolled through the door and into the classroom.
“Ah great, it’s Mases-sensai, FINALLY.” a girl behind Rep sighed with relief. She had fair skin, almost pale, with piercingly cold blue eyes.
“Shut up, Snow, I wanna hear this,” Rep told her.
Snow rolled her eyes and went back to doodling cartoon butts.
“So today is the day you all will finally become full-fledged warriors,” Mases-sensai started. “I just want everyone to give themselves a round of applause before we start.”
Everyone clapped until Mases-sensai told them to stop.
“Everyone will be put into groups of three. These groups were determined based on each individual’s strength, ability, and talents. That way, each group is perfectly balanced.” Mases-sensai explained. “But each group will be assigned a leader. The leaders will be chosen at random.”
A boy with scarlet hair sat in the far left corner of the classroom, twiddling his thumbs and biting his nails.
“Please...put me in a group with a pretty girl...” he said to himself.
“Terminus, please be quiet. I’m about to announce the groups.” Mases-sensai commanded.
“Don’t worry, Terminus, it will be okay. One day they’ll understand your pain...” Terminus mumbled to himself.
“Okay, I’ll be announcing each group in the order they are on my clipboard,” Mases-sensai began. “Squad one!”
Everyone looked around nervously.
“Terminus!”
Terminus looked up, putting his tissue covered in snot and tears in his pocket.
“Yes, sir?” he asked.
“Weren’t you paying attention? You’ll be in Squad one,” Mases-sensai said.
Terminus sighed, and began listening attentively to his old teacher.
“Second to be in Squad one...Ari!”
A girl with big brown eyes glanced over at the sulking Terminus. She was wearing a triforce bow in her short brown hair, and she had rainbow knee socks on.
Terminus glanced at her, doing a double take.
“Whoa...” he gasped. “Cool triforce bow.”
“And the leader for Squad one will be Pendio.”
Pendio stood up and took a bow. “I won’t let you down, sensai,” he began. “And most importantly, I won’t let my team down.”
He gave each of his team members a look before sitting back down. Ari smiled to herself as she fixed the bow in her hair and checked herself in her pocket mirror.
“Thank you. Now, onto the next team.” Mases-sensai went on.
“I’m tired of this waiting around bull****,” a male student with fiery red eyes said to himself. He looked as if he were to explode any minute like a ticking bomb. “No one understands me!”
“Ayano! Be quiet or I’m sending you out of here!” Mases-sensai yelled. “You really don’t want me to sick my pet goose Goosey on you again, do you?”
Ayano slumped down in his seat. Suddenly, his eyes began to glow and a giant flame bursted around him. The nearby students jumped out of surprise. Mases-sensai rolled his eyes and went on with Squad two.
“Dan!” he called.
Dan gave his sensai a cat-like grin before speaking up.
“Oh boy, I’m really looking forward to such a rewarding experience. I just hope my team mates aren’t a bunch of hootin’ nannyin’ berry hoggers.” Dan commented.
“Beauts! You will be in Squad two with Dan.” Mases-sensai said.
“...god dammit.” Beauts said to herself, eyeing Dan with an unsettling look. Dan just kept staring at her, with his cat-like grin. Similar to that weird nephew guy from Courage the Cowardly Dog who liked to shave off people’s hair.
He waved to her and then put his hand over his mouth to giggle. Beauts sighed with anxiety as she tried to ignore him.
“Squad two’s leader will be Rep. Good luck, you three!” Mases-sensai congratulated.
“I can’t believe I’m stuck with those two clowns,” Rep said to himself. “It sucks being the potential main character right now.”
“Squad three!...Blue Canary!”
Blue Canary looked up from her notebook, where she has been doodling some pictures of deformed giraffes giving blow jobs to dead cows.
“Oh I hope I get to be with her,” a younger boy said to himself anxiously as he wrote ‘B.C. + K.H.’ all over his notebook. “If I get with her...all my plans will be worthwhile.”
“Sagitarius!” Mases called.
Sagitarius, a boy clearly of Japanese decent, stood up and took a bow.
“I will do my best, sir.” he said, sitting back down in his seat.
“King! You’ll be Squad three’s leader,” Mases-sensai said.
King jumped up out if his seat and ran over to Canary.
“Don’t touch me, and everything will be cool,” Canary said to King.
He nodded as he wiped the drool from his mouth with his sleeve.
“Now...we have one more squad. Those of you whose names aren’t called will be in an alternative training program since you didn’t make the cut. But better luck next year!” Mases exclaimed.
Everyone looked around at each other again, this time with the stench of fear and burrito breath from lunch surrounding them.
“Squad four...the final squad.” Mases began.
“Azure Sage!”
Azure Sage glanced up at his sensai, acknowledging that he had heard him.
“I will do my best,” he said modestly.
“Ayano Keiko!”
“FINALLY! I WAS SICK OF WAITING FOR THIS ****! SO, SENSAI...WHO’S OUR LEADER?” Ayano shouted anxiously.
“Squad four’s leader will be...” Mases started. “Cassandra Snow.”
“WHAAAAAAAAAT????” Ayano screamed, fire spitting out of him like the fourth of July in a redneck county in Kentucky.
“WHY DO I HAVE TO BE WITH THIS ****? THIS KID IS SATAN ON STEROIDS!!!!” Snow yelled, standing up angrily. Her piercing blue eyes glowed as her entire desk turned to ice.
“Now, kids, sit down, please,” Mases-sensai placated.
“WHO ARE YOU CALLIN’ A KID? I’M A FULL FLEDGED ADULT! AS OF TODAY.” Ayano screeched as more fire shot out of his ears. Everyone covered their heads with their books and backpacks to avoid getting their faces burned off.
“Stop!” Azure yelled, putting a force field around his other classmates and Mases-sensai.
“Fighting isn’t going to solve anything. The point of this is to learn to cooperate and work together.” he said to his team mates.
Snow crossed her arms and sat back down in her seat.
“Whatever,” she grumbled.
Ayano took a deep breath and sat back down himself.
“No ice ***** is gonna be the boss of me,” he said to himself.
“What have I done...” Mases sighed to himself, looking over these so-called “adults”.

***​

The boy, or should I now say, the man by the name of Repentance walked peacefully throughout the school’s courtyard. He looked down at his brown shoes and noticed that one of them had come untied. He noticed a wooden bench nearby and put his foot up on the seat to tie his shoe. Suddenly, he felt a presence behind him. He also noticed a large shadow on the bench. He slowly turned around to view a giant armadillo leaning over him. It was drooling maniacally, and some of it’s saliva fell onto Rep’s shoulder. He shrieked as he began running from the freaky beast.
“WHY IS THERE AN ARMADILLO HERE THIS ISN’T TEXAS!!!” Rep shouted as he ran from the creature.
The armadillo roared and began chasing after Rep on it’s hind legs. It made a hissing sound and spit lemon juice at Rep. You see, the armadillo just drank some lemonade that it stole from the local Wal-mart.
“OH MY GOD WHY ISN’T ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS???” Rep screamed.
Meanwhile, Pendio, Ari, and Terminus were eating a snack at a nearby picnic table.
“Just thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other since we’ll be going on so many upcoming missions together,” Pendio explained, taking a sip of his tea. “How about everyone introduce themselves? Ari, you can go first.”
Ari giggled as she adjusted herself.
“Well, my name’s Ari...and I love music, and I love playing video games...and...HEHE!!<3...I also really...REALLY love...”
Suddenly, a giant armadillo came running through the picnic area.
“What the actual **** was that,” Terminus commented as everyone at the table stood up.
“Hepl!” a voice shouted after the armadillo ran past.
“I think someone’s in trouble,” Pendio said, dashing off after the armadillo.
“Wait! Don’t go!” Ari shouted, but he was already long gone.
“Should we follow them?” Terminus suggested.
Ari still stared into the distance, but then nodded, with hesitation.
“Hepl!” Rep shouted, still running away from the armadillo. The armadillo screeched like a possum in pain as it eyed Rep. As far as the armadillo knew, Rep was a giant turkey leg. It began to drool some more and spit out some more lemon juice.
“Rep!” Pendio shouted from behind the armadillo. Suddenly, these mechanical hooks shot out from Pendio’s wrist, and they latched onto the armadillo’s neck.
“RAAAAAAAWWWRR!” it screeched like a banshee.
Pendio leaped onto the beasts head and shot at it’s eyes.
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” it hollered in pain. Blood squirted out from it’s eyeballs as it fell to the ground. It tried to crawl towards Rep.
“Everybody, move!” a female voice shouted.
Pendio and Rep ran and hid behind a nearby tree. Suddenly, a bomb went off and the giant armadillo exploded into a million pieces. The cloud of smoke was thick, and the air was heavy with falling pieces of armadillo skin and organs. And of course, blood.
Ari and Terminus ran to Pendio and Rep behind the tree.
“If it weren’t for Ari’s bomb, that armadillo would’ve eaten you two whole,” Terminus coughed.
“How did you two catch up to us so fast?” Pendio asked.
“Super speed, remember?” Terminus chuckled as he pointed to himself.
The group stood in silence as they watched the smoke clear.
Suddenly, Rep punched the side of the tree.
“Dammit!” he shouted, walking away from the other three.
“What’s wrong?” Pendio asked. Rep didn’t say a word.
“...nothing.” he replied, running off into the woods.
The three stood together, in complete confusion.
“I wonder what his deal is,” Ari commented.
“I wonder why there was a giant armadillo here,” Terminus added.

***​

“Phew, I’m so glad you kids are safe,” Mases-sensai said as all the squads gathered together back in the classroom. “Don’t ask me why there was a giant armadillo on the loose.”
“I said, I don’t want you to call me a kid anymore. I. Am. An. Adult. Got it, old man?” Ayano began, his eyes glowing a bit.
“Yes, yes, sorry, Mr. Keiko,” he replied. “I’m just glad nobody got hurt.”
“Sir, what do you think the meaning of this is?” Pendio asked. “This could have been some sort of device or weapon from one of the neighboring villages trying to spy on us or torment our people.”
“It’s possible,” Mases said. “But at this point, we must be on high alert. A giant armadillo one day, a giant Skitty wearing a bulletproof vest the next. I think we need to keep our guards up. There’s nothing more threatening than a rodent who’s stolen radioactive lemonade.”
“Yes, that’s true,” King added. “If Hitler rose from the grave, he could save us.”
“Shut up!” Canary yelled at King, giving him the evil eyes.
“Kids,” Mases began.
“ADULT,” Ayano reminded him.
Mases sighed before speaking again. “I want everyone to take this seriously. You all are the future of the Village of Friends. Whether you all like it or not, you’re gonna have to work together.”
Snow glared at her teammate, Ayano, as Dan grinned at Beauts without her knowledge.
Mases took a deep breath before he finished, “One slip, and you’re gonna be rodent grub.”

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I'm loving this! You know I'd been looking forward so much to reading it, so I had some pretty high expectations, hehe. But it totally reached up to those expectations. A great start with some very interesting characters and combinations of characters. Can't wait to read more of this.

I also feel like it's possible that this story could kinda bring me back to ZD since I've been pretty absent from here lately. I'm really gonna try and bet back here more frequently, maybe not just to read this exciting fan fic. ^^

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 2 - Turd Yolk
-
It was the morning before the first mission assignment, and all the squad girls and boys gathered together in their secret hideouts. Those hideouts being the girls and boys restrooms.
“I can’t believe I’m this unfortunate,” Blue Canary began, gazing deep into the bathroom mirror. “Not only was the village attacked by some kind of monster, but I was also put into the same squad as that creep King. Oh, what shall I do about this? I have no choice but to grit my teeth and bear it. Oh... and my period just started.”
“We know, Blue, you’ve been talking to yourself in the mirror for the last fifteen minutes,” Beauts sighed, rolling her eyes. “Mases-sensai told us to be ready by noon and you still haven’t gotten dressed yet.”
“Easy for you to say. All you have to do is snap your fingers and you’re automatically in your training gear,” Canary replied, looking back into the mirror. “Whatever shall I do with myself...”
Beauts stared at Canary’s reflection really hard for a few seconds. Suddenly the mirror disappeared.
“WHA-AT...! Who did that!?” she exclaimed.
Beauts turned around looking at Snow and Ari as they chuckled to themselves.
“THAT’S NOT FUNNY!” Canary shouted.
The other girls sighed and went back to getting ready.
“I wonder what the first mission is,” Ari asked, making sure her weapon bag was securely attached to her hip.
“Dunno,” Snow replied. “Probs something lame as usual.”
“All I know is it’s not gonna be fun,” Beauts jumped in. “My teammates are total assholes.”
“How so?” Ari asked.
“Well, I guess asshole isn’t the word. Rep just doesn’t wanna talk to me and Dan just creeps me out beyond belief.” Beauts explained.
“You should be lucky that Rep keeps his mouth shut,” Snow said. “Ayano can’t stop flapping those fat lips of his.”
“YOU TWO HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.” Canary hollered suddenly. “ONE OF MY TEAMMATES IS STALKING ME. LITERALLY. STALKING. ME. I CAN’T ****ING SLEEP AT NIGHT!”
“Pendio is so dreamy...” Ari said randomly.
“SHUT UP!” Canary, Beauts, and Snow shouted at her.
Suddenly, there was a loud bang that came from one of the bathroom stalls. The girls ignored it the first time, when suddenly it happened again, much louder.
“Is there anyone else in here we don’t know about?” Beauts asked.
Everyone shrugged. Snow decided to walk over to the stall where the sound was coming from. She peeked in slowly, creeping up towards the toilet.
“Um...guys?” she said.
The other three ran to the stall and gathered behind Snow.
“What the hell is that?” Snow asked, pointing down into the toilet.
There was what appeared to be an oval shaped turd moving around on it’s on.
“Did you do that?” Snow asked Canary.
“Why are you asking me?” Canary responded, slightly offended.
“Well, you were the last one to use the bathroom and I’m pretty sure you were in this stall.” Snow mentioned.
The oval turd moved about in a strange circular motion.
“Maybe...” Snow began. “It’s an egg.”
“Beauts, can you look at it and see if you can use your psychic powers to tell if there’s a living thing inside of it?” Ari asked.
“Sure,” she replied, staring at the egg turd intently. Her eyes turned a light shade of white as she observed the strange sight.
After a few seconds, Beauts stepped back abruptly and her eyes returned to their normal color.
“Whoa, are you alright?” Ari asked as she made sure Beauts didn’t fall over backwards.
“I’m fine,” she replied, wiping sweat from her brow.
“So...what is it?” Canary said.
“I...” Beauts began. “I’m not sure. I couldn’t see any signs of life.”
“So I guess it’s just a regular ol’ turd then? Boring, come on guys, let’s go already.” Snow said, turning around and leaving the bathroom. Canary and Ari followed anxiously as Beauts still remained with the turd.
“But I couldn’t tell if it was inanimate either...” Beauts said to herself.

***​

Meanwhile, the boys got themselves together in the boys restroom across the hall.
“It smells like butt in here,” Rep complained.
Everyone else kind of ignored that comment and continued getting ready.
“There’s really not much I have to prepare,” Terminus said to Pendio, trying to make small talk. “With super speed, the only thing I feel necessary is to have enough protection from any kind of attack.”
“Yes, it’s always good to have plenty of armor. You can never have too much armor,” Pendio laughed.
“Well, as a matter of fact Pendio, if you have TOO much armor, that could actually enervate Terminus’ ability and the effects could be detrimental.” Sagitarius argued.
“Hmm...you’re probably right. Smart thinking!” Pendio said, giving him a thumbs up.
“I don’t really need any sort of defense,” Dan added. “I have plenty of...furry cronies in stock for that.”
Everyone nodded and laughed, not taking Dan’s comments very seriously.
“You all will see someday what this kickin’ chicken can do,” Dan said to himself.
Suddenly there was a loud crash that came from the girls bathroom.
“Ah no, there must have been a tampon machine spill again,” Rep sighed.
“Wait a second,” Pendio said. “What is that rumbling?”
The walls and tile floor of the bathroom shook more and more violently as the seconds went by. The boys hid under the sinks to avoid any kind of falling debris.
“What the hell? Is this an earthquake?” Terminus yelled.
Suddenly, the shaking ceased.
“That was quite a surprise,” Sagitarius commented. “I hope that that sudden uproar didn’t hurt anybody.”
“KAWWWW!!! KAWWW!”
Suddenly, a large oval shaped turd fell on Rep’s head.
“Jesus the christ what the **** was that? ****!?” he screamed, trying to wipe the poop out of his eyes.
“Rep, I don’t think that’s poop,” King commented. “There’s egg yolk coming out of it.”
“KAWWW!!” a giant hawk screeched, swooping down and grabbing Rep by the ears.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!” he yelled at the top of his lungs as the giant bird carried him away.
Immediately, Pendio shot out his inner hooks to latch onto the bird.
“No!” Rep shouted, swatting at Pendio to try and make him get off the hawk.
“What are you doing, I’m trying to save you!” Pendio shouted.
“I don’t need your help,” Rep groaned. He tried pulling Pendio’s hooks out of the side of the bird, but he was unsuccessful.
“Stop!” Pendio yelled at him, but Rep continued to push him away.
“You’re gonna get us both killed,” Pendio tried to explain, when suddenly the hawk ran into a giant mass and fell to the ground.
Rep and Pendio screamed and fell down with a loud thud. Pendio’s hooks shot back into his wrists and he brushed himself off. Rep stood up, glaring at Pendio, before running off back towards the almost destroyed school.
Pendio looked up and noticed that the giant mass was a large tabby cat.
“Meow meow meow!” it greeted with delight. Sitting on top of the cat was Dan himself.
“I told you kids that I would show you what this old geezer can do,” he giggled, jumping down off the cat in front of Pendio. The cat suddenly disappeared in a cloud of smoke, taking the hawk with it in it’s mouth.
“That was pretty cool!” Pendio told him with glee.
“I’m not a stubborn old coot like you thought I was,” Dan said.
“What the hell happened?” Terminus shouted, as him and the all of the squad members, including the girls, ran up to the scene.
“Rep is fine,” Pendio started. “But he ran off again...”
“What happened to him?” Ari asked.
“Well, a giant hawk carried him off,” Pendio explained.
“Yeah, and it dropped some kind of weird egg on him,” King added.
“What did the egg look like?” Beauts asked.
“At first, we thought it was a human turd,” King replied.
Suddenly, Terminus noticed something in the corner of his eye.
“Wait a second...there’s one here!” he exclaimed.
Everyone ran over and gathered around the turd egg.
“We should get rid of it in case it hatches another one of these monsters,” Beauts suggested.
Terminus stomped on it and turd yolk flew everywhere.
“Yuck,” he said, pulling out a small towel from his bag and wiping his sneaker off.
“I think we should tell Mases-sensai about this,” Pendio said.
“If he doesn’t know already,” Terminus said. “Half the school’s been destroyed by now.”

***​

“I have a feeling there’s some kind of organization behind this...” Mases-sensai began as everyone sat in their seats in the classroom.
“Do you think it’s one of the other villages?” Pendio asked.
“Well...I really don’t think it could be. After all, every village in our region signed a peace treaty, so if any attacked were made by another village, than they would be breaking the law.” Mases-sensai explained.
“So what if it is one of them?” Snow asked.
“Well...” Mases-sensai spoke. “We would have to go to war.”
Everyone sat in their seats uncomfortably now.
“If that were the case, we would have no choice but to send the twelve of you into battle immediately after training.” Mases said. “But of course, the defenders of our village, the CCC, would be fighting alongside you all as well.”
“Who are the CCC?” King asked.
“The CCC are basically the police of our peaceful village. They guard us and keep intruders outside the village walls. They are the protectors of our society. They are also unique in that none of the members are magic users. They only fight with their physical bodies and use weaponry as their aid.” Mases explained.
“Wow, that sounds so cool,” both King and Ari said in amazement.
“Now, the first training mission has been postponed until tomorrow. I hope everyone is prepared,” Mases continued.
“Yes, sir!” everyone said together, except Rep.
“See you kids tomorrow at noon!” Mases shouted as everyone began heading towards the door.
“ADULT!” Ayano shouted, walking out the door and closing it behind him.
“I hope tomorrow goes well,” Mases-sensai sighed to himself, picking up his backpack as he headed towards the door. He turned to examine the classroom, with a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. He then took a deep breath, remembering tomorrow, and slipped through the door taking his expectations with him but leaving any sort of hope behind.

D

Deleted member 81859

This brings back memories of my Naruto phase...
Ahhhh, those were the days...
This is pretty funny, good work!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 3 - Some Kind of Hybrid Scorpion Monster

“I expect nothing out of today’s training,” Blue Canary began as she made her way to the training grounds outside the village with her teammates, King and Sagitarius.
“Well, I feel that we will definitely get something out of today,” Sagitarius stated. “I believe it will at least help us hone our strengths and allow ourselves to gauge what we can and can’t do.”
“Stupid Sagitarius and his super human intelligence...” Canary grumbled.
As Sagitarius and Canary carried on, King was hard at work devising a plan of action in his mind.
“Today is the perfect opportunity to get closer to Canary!” King chuckled to himself.
The trio then finally met up with the other squads at the training grounds meeting house.
“When is Mases gonna get here? I’m hungry,” Snow complained, rubbing her tummy.
“Didn’t you eat breakfast?” Azure Sage asked her.
“...were we supposed to...” Snow replied awkwardly.

Meanwhile, back in the Village of Friends, Mases was still held up in a morning meeting with his apprentice Mitchell and the other village sensais.
“It is crucial that training goes smoothly today,” one of the sensais named Seth said to everyone gathered at the table. “These kids hold the key to our future.”
“ADULT!” a voice shouted from outside.
“Of course, they’re the ones who will fight to keep our peaceful village safe,” another sensai named Batman replied.
“Don’t worry, today’s training will help them immensely. I can guarantee that.” Mases said, with doubt in his eyes.
“But sir, are you sure that all of them will be able to figure out the purpose of today’s lesson?” Mitchell interrupted.
“...Yes. It’s going to be fine.” Mases replied. “All of my students have shown their true power. There is one student, however, who has not. But I sense great potency deep within him.”
“Who?” Mitchell asked.
“I do not wish to give out names, but for the sake of our village, I will tell you,” Mases began. “This student is in squad two. He is, in fact, the leader of the squad. His name is Repentance.”
“Don’t you think it was a little risky to make him the squad leader?” Seth suggested.
“No,” Mases responded. “I sense his great power. And I know that when the time comes, this power will prevail.”
An long silence rang throughout the room.
“I guess the only thing to do is have faith then.” Mitchell said.

***​
“Alright! Everyone line up in triangle formations with your teammates!” Mases commanded, standing before his four squads outside the training grounds meeting house. “Once you get yourselves together, I will explain the objective of today’s training.”
Snow looked at Ari and rolled her eyes. Ari giggled and then returned her attention to Mases-sensai with a stone cold gaze.
“Alright! Listen up. Today’s training is going to challenge your strength, ability, and most importantly, your mind.” Mases stated.
“This is gonna be a bad day for Ayano then,” Snow started. “Since he’s lost his mind, after all.”
“SHUT UP, FART BREATH!” Ayano screamed as fire shot out of his nose holes.
“Okay, okay, calm down,” Mases said with a heavy sigh.
“See? He wouldn’t be mad right now if it wasn’t true,” Snow commented.
“Alright, that’s enough,” Mases sighed.
Ayano and Snow got back into formation.
“Now, as I was saying,” Mases continued. “Training today is not just about skill. It’s going to take knowledge as well.”
“We got this in the bag with Sagitarius on our team!” Canary cheered to herself.
“Today’s task is simple. All you have to do...” Mases explained. “...is take these two
keychains from my hand.”
Mases sensai then pulled out two keychains from his pocket. One keychain had a picture of a cat on it, while the other had a picture of Donald Trump.
“Ew....Trump, really? I would’ve been happier if it was a Jesus keychain,” Terminus commented.
“I really had no choice,” Mases told him. “Trump paid me big bucks to advertise him in this story.”
“Typical,” Ari said under her breath.
“Alright, before we begin, there’s two more things. Each squad will be doing this challenge on their own, so this will not involve everyone here working together as an entire group. And secondly, if you do not succeed by midnight tonight,” Mases explained. “You will fail.”
“Fail? What do you mean?” Canary asked.
“You will fail. As in, you will be sent back to the academy and you will have to go through another three years of school again.”
Everyone gulped and stood up a little straighter.
“Now, I will randomly select the first squad to complete today’s training. And we will continue for the next four days so everyone will have a chance.” Mases said. “The first squad to have a go will be...Squad three!”
“Crap,” Canary said.
“Yes! Time to win Canary’s heart with my super strength!” King cheered.
“Everyone else will wait at the meeting house until squad three is finished. Let’s go!” Mases exclaimed, disappearing within the nearby woods.
“Where did he go? I’m never gonna find him, this is gonna be a disaster!” Canary began crying already.
“There’s no need to panic,” Sagitarius began. “We will find him. I’m sure he’s going to use the obvious tactics.”
“With Sagitarius on our side, this’ll be a piece of cake!” Canary said to herself.
King, Sagitarius, and Canary wandered through the thick wooded area of the training grounds. King searched all the bushes they passes as Sagitarius observed his surroundings. Canary walked steadily when she suddenly felt a tickle against her skin.
“Eep! A-a-a-a....SPIDER!” Canary shrieked, rubbing her hands all over herself.
“No,” King laughed. “It’s only me!”
King appeared out of thin air right in front of Canary. She turned away, angrily.
“Yuck! That’s even worse!” she yelled.
“Guys, quiet, please,” Sagitarius began. “I hear the faint clinking of keychains in the wind.”
The three stood together and listened to the silence.
“I don’t hear anything, let’s keep moving,” Canary suggested, getting irritated.
The trio kept moving, when Sagitarius stopped, looking up towards the trees.
“I get the strange inkling that Mases-sensai is up there,” Sagitarius observed.
“Doubt it. Can he even climb? He’s just some old fart,” Canary commented.
“King, what do you suggest we do? You’re our leader, after all,” Sagitarius asked.
“Hmmm...” King began, blushing. “Well, maybe Canary and I could uh...climb up there and see if he’s there?”
Sagitarius thought about it for a moment. “What shall I do?”
“Well, you could just stay down here in case he comes down,” King told him.
“That sounds like it could be a solid plan,” Sagitarius replied.
“Ugh! But I don’t wanna be with that loser King!” Canary whined.
“I think it’s better to have two in the tree tops and one down here,” Sagitarius argued. “After all, I’m better at being clandestine in times of crisis so I can hide more easily if he comes down.”
Canary backed away, slightly offended.
“WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN???” she screamed.
“Well I mean-” Sagitarius began, when he was interrupted.
“I CAN BE JUST AS CLAN...CLAN....CLAN-WHATEVER AS YOU CAN!” Canary carried on.
“Touche. Fine, I’ll go up with King, and you can stay down here,” Sagitarius gave up. “I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.”
“But...” King started, facing Canary. “We were gonna....do this together.”
Canary blatantly ignored him.
King and Sagitarius began climbing to the tree tops as Canary sat on a nearby stump.
“I’ll just let them do the all the work,” Canary sighed with relief.

***​

Back in the meeting house, the other squads sat impatiently as they purchased candy bars out of the snack machine.
“They don’t have any Snickers? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???” Ayano screamed, a giant flame surrounding his body. The other squad members backed away slowly as Ayano threw his tantrum.
“Here, take mine,” Pendio said, trying to shut him up.
Ayano snatched it away and gobbled it down like some sort of wild animal.
“Ugh...why can’t this vending machine have slices of pizza...” Terminus grumbled, reaching down to get his Hershey’s bar.
“Ew,” Ari commented. “If pizza came in a machine, it would probably be all moldy and hard.”
“Eh, probably true,” Terminus sighed.
Suddenly, the ground began to rumble. The electricity went out.
“NO! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GET ANOTHER CANDY BAR!” Ayano screeched.
Everyone looked around, curious to find the cause of this sudden quake.
“Not this again,” Terminus said.
The rumbling stopped. Everything was calm again.
“Guess it was just another earthquake,” Beauts said.
Suddenly, the roof of the meeting house was ripped off by what seemed like a strong gust of wind.
“Oh no, is that Blue Canary?” Snow whined. “She’s always getting us in trouble with her crazy wind powers.”
“Uh, Snow...this ain’t no canary here,” Ari said nervously, pointing at the sky.
Above the meeting house was a giant spider with a hundred beady eyes. It looked down and analyzed the crew. It began moving it’s fangs viciously as drool dripped down onto the wooden floor.
“I-I-IT’S A SPIDER!!!” Ari shouted in fear, leaping behind Pendio.
The spider was yellow with black stripes (or black with yellow stripes?) and had a tiny stinger on it’s butt.
“Ew...it’s some kind of hybrid scorpion monster!!!” Terminus yelled.
The spider squinted it’s eyes, anxiously searching for something. It then met eyes with Rep.
“CHECHECHECHECHE!” it shrieked, grabbing Rep with it’s pinchers.
“HEPL! NOT AGAIN!” Rep hollered as the nasty creature carried him away.
Pendio, Terminus, Ari, and Beauts ran after him. Squad four went back to their candy bars. Dan was nowhere to be seen.

***​

“Okay...I think I’ve spotted Mases-sensai,” King announced after a long hunt in the tree tops with Sagitarius.
“Alright. This would be a good time to go invisible, King,” Sagitarius suggested.
King used his magic to turn himself invisible as they continued forward to what appeared to be Mases-sensai.
“Wait a second...” King said, stopping.
“What’s the matter?” Sagitarius asked.
“I see Mases-sensai, but there’s someone or something else with him,” King explained.
“Are you sure it’s not just the shimmering of the Donald Trump keychain? You know that he told Mases-sensai to make his extra shiny.” Sagitarius replied.
“No, because it’s bigger than a keychain,” King said.
Sagitarius thought for a moment before speaking. “This might be some sort of trap. King, you stay behind. I’ll move onward.”
“Be careful,” King said with a worried expression.
“And remember, you must remain invisible.” Sagitarius replied.
King remained stationary has we watched Sagitarius head into the unknown. The forest seemed to grow darker the deeper it got. After a few moments, he stopped after hearing what sounded like a human cry. He tuned in with his super hearing.
“Hepl! Somebody hepl us!”
It was Rep’s voice.
Sagitarius crawled a little closer to where the sound was coming from.
“Rep, it’s no use. We’re too deep in the woods for anyone to find us.”
Another voice. It was Mases-sensai.
Sagitarius began crawling towards them at a very fast pace. He reached the seen, watching secretively from the tree tops.
“This is so gross!” Rep yelled as he squirmed.
The two were caught in a giant spiders web surrounded by other insects from the forest. But there was no spider to be seen.
“Oh dear,” Sagitarius panicked.
Suddenly, one of the nearby bushes began moving. It was Pendio, Ari, Terminus, and Beauts.
“Oh thank Buddah!” Mases shouted with glee.
Rep was still squirming in his place.
“Don’t worry, we’ll help you,” Pendio told them.
“I don’t need your help, I can get out of here just fine,” Rep explained.
Beauts used her psychic powers to break the sticky cocoon that Mases was wrapped in.
“Thank you so much,” he said, climbing out of the web.
Pendio got up and tried to cut the web with his hooks.
“Stop it!” Rep squirmed some more.
“Ari, can you help me? I can’t seem to cut him loose,” Pendio asked.
Ari blushed as she got right up next to Pendio behind Rep.
“Oh great, now a girl has to save me?” Rep whined.
Ari pulled out a kunai and cut through the thick web. Rep broke free and ran away from the scene quickly.
“I still don’t understand what his deal is,” Terminus sighed.
Suddenly, the ground began shaking again.
“Oh, ****, not again,” Terminus exclaimed.
“NEVER FEAR! THE GREAT AND MIGHTY DAN IS HERE!”
Suddenly, a giant persian cat appeared from behind the web and walked straight through it, messing it all up.
“Dan, what the hell?” Ari laughed.
“Don’t worry, younigins, this fine fellow here named Fefe got rid of that nasty bug. You see, she has a insect fetish. Ah, now don’t you, sweetie pie?” Dan explained, getting all cutesy with the giant cat. He leaped down to meet up with the gang and the cat disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
“I told you that Dan is always the one who saves the day,” he remarked.
“When did you start talking in third person all the sudden?” Terminus asked.
“Don’t question my butterfly affected antics, kid,” Dan replied with a giggle.
“Still creepy as ****,” Beauts commented to herself.
“What was that?” Dan exclaimed, glaring at Beauts.
She rolled her eyes and looked away from him, blatantly ignoring him.
“Alright, kids, we better get back to the meeting house,” Mases said.
“It’s been destroyed,” Terminus told him.
“...dammit.”

***​

“Well, as you all know, today ended in disaster. Again.” Mases explained to everyone in the destroyed meeting house. “But...since everyone showed such bravery under unforeseen circumstances, I’m giving everyone a pass.”
The entire crew cheered loudly.
“I was watching squad three using my iPad and I was impressed with your effort and strategy. However, one member seemed to be a bit...lackadaisical.”
King and Sagitarius glared at Blue Canary as she sucked on her blue slushie.
“But, I am going to forgive you this time. I want to see more effort on your part. You have a gift. I want you to learn how to put it to good use.” Mases explained.
Mases paused for a moment, scanning the room.
“Wait...where’s Repentance?”

***​

Rep was making his way through the forest, pushing through the thick vines and greenery.
“Hello, son,” a soft spoken voice said from behind Rep. He jumped a little but turned around. Before him stood a stranger dressed in a black tunic and a gold earring. He had pale white skin with red face markings. He slightly resembled a snake.
“I sense great power within you,” the stranger told him.
“Yeah? And what do you know?” Rep replied shortly.
“You wish to awaken this power, but you do not know how,” the stranger said.
Rep paused for a moment, beginning to pay attention to the odd man.
“I can show you how to awaken your great power from it’s deep slumber,” he said with a cackle.
Rep smirked a bit and began to walk on.
“No, thanks,” he said, making his way back to the meeting house.
“We’ll meet again then,” the stranger said, disappearing in a cloud of smoke.
Rep nodded it off, and continued onward towards his squad mates and the inevitable that would lie ahead.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Hello friends! Just a short update. Since the holidays are coming and I'll be moving soon, I might have to put this story on hold for about a month. But don't worry, if I happen to find spare time to write, I'll be posting sometime soon. I have the rest of the story planned out, so don't get all upset that you'll never get to read the ending. It's coming! I love you all!!! Bai bai.

:pikalove:

Mido

Version 1
Hello friends! Just a short update. Since the holidays are coming and I'll be moving soon, I might have to put this story on hold for about a month. But don't worry, if I happen to find spare time to write, I'll be posting sometime soon. I have the rest of the story planned out, so don't get all upset that you'll never get to read the ending. It's coming! I love you all!!! Bai bai.

:pikalove:

-I can write in colored font, too! Just watch me!-

I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter of the saga! Take your time! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom