• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spyrooooo

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The fan group here is...dead. Or at least a zombie, I posted in it and didn't get a reply. It's been like...a lot of months.

So a few topics to get us started. You can pick and choose which ones to answer.

Your first Spyro game
Your favorite incarnation of Spyro(classic Insomniac Games version, Legend version, Skylanders version, etc)
Your favorite Spyro villain and/or ally character
Your favorite level from any Spyro game
Have you 100%ed any Spyro games? If so, which?
Do you have any Spyro OCs? If so, show them off!

My first Spyro would depend on whether demos count or not. I played the Spyro the Dragon demo first, but Year of the Dragon was the first one I owned the full version of. To this day those two are my favorite classics. I like Ripto's Rage, but not as much for some mysterious reason.

I've 100%ed Spyro the Dragon and Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. Still working on someday 100%ing all 3 classics.

I have OCs!

For the Legend trilogy: Topaz, Darkor, and Glitter. Darkor and Glitter are Topaz's parents. There were two other eggs in their clutch but they were destroyed by Malefor's apes. Topaz was the only one they were able to save. Topaz's element is fire, Darkor's is shadow, Glitter's is electric.

For Skylanders: Dark Bolt and Sunfur. Dark Bolt is the son of Flameslinger and Stealth Elf, he's a tech skylander who wields an electrically charged spear. Sunfur is a saber toothed cat who uses fire magic and a sword, she's a fire skylander.

For the classic trilogy: Hurik. She's a peace keeper dragon whose name means "small fire". She was named that because she's slightly smaller than the average peace keeper. She's the newest one, oddly enough. Still need to develop her.

Discuss!

Dan

Sadly groups don't really work very well on ZD.

My first Spyro game was Spyro the Dragon.
I've only played games that feature the iconic insomniac version of Spyro; in terms of looks I prefer this version.
he Skylanders version of Spyro looks less like a dragon, and more like a dog recovered from a traffic accident.
In terms of villains, there aren't many that stick out for me. None of the villains are intermediating, this holds true especially in the original trilogy. So I'll go for Dr shemp, he was ridicules. :P
Favorite level is a tough one, one of the dominant features of Spyro is the great level designs. I'll take the easy way out and list some of my favorites.

• Lofty Towers, I love the general dream-like atmosphere of all the dream weaver worlds, but this one is my favorite, as it borders close to what we would dream of as a kid(or a stereotypical kid), extravagant colours, sparkle whirlwinds, fairies, floating castles, distant planets in the skyline. After rereading the above, i'm inclined to leave this here... "No homo".
  • Treetops, The sense of speed in this level is incredible. Jumping great distances from a speed ramp is entertaining to say the least. I also hope i'm not the only one that took ages to figure out how to get across to that island with the trapped dragon.
  • Dark Passage, This is the reversed level to Lofty towers, It's all the magic sucked away. I'm running out of shizzle to say.

There are more but I don't want to go on, I find it difficult to go in-depth over a game unless I've played it recently. Spyro the dragon 1 I've played the utmost, which is why I listed the above. I'll give honorable mentions to fireworks factory from Spyro 3 and Magma Cone from Spyro 2.

I've certainly completed Spyro 1 100%, I think I've completed Spyro 2 100%, not Spyro 3 however.
Erm what's an OC?

Dragoncat

Yeah Treetops is the hardest level in the game probably. Don't feel bad. Took me eons to get that dragon. I had to look up how to do it. Love your interpretation of Lofty Castle and Dark Passage. I never thought of it that way. And as far as villains go I was kinda leaning toward main villains like Ripto, but bosses work too :)

OC = original character. Or fan character. Basically a character you make up to fit in the world of Spyro. No big deal, you don't strike me as someone who would have them.

And this is off topic...I think your new sig is capable of giving small children nightmares lol.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Spyro defined my childhood. Thanks for this thread, I'm now gonna play them over again, and again, why did I ever stop?

My first game was Year of the Dragon and I went backwards from there. But I also had Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail for the PS2 and Season of Flame for the GBA.

-The original trilogy is definitely the best, but I actually loved Enter the Dragonfly, a lot of people don't seem to.
-Favourite character is probably Agent 9, ****ing laser space monkey. Favourite villain is actually Red from A Hero's Tail, dunno why I just liked him, not Mecha-Red though, that was stupid.
-Favourite level is probably Cloud Temples in Gateway to Glimmer. Dat music, and the hilarious Agent Zero mini game - so good. But actually every single level in the original trilogy is incredibly designed and scored and beautiful and wowo and ryayaya.
-I have 100% all the games I own except for A Hero's Tail
-OC nono

Also Gateway to Glimmer is a faaaar better name than Ripto's Rage. :D

Dragoncat

I like Red too, but I think my favorite villain is the Sorceress. She needs an actual name...and more of a backstory. But then again, not many Spyro villains have much of a backstory. Malefor is the only one, along with Gaul and corrupted Cynder. The Legend trilogy had sucky gameplay but an awesome plot...

Gateway to Glimmer...yeah, I wonder why they used two names, one for the Americas and one for the other side of the world. I actually strongly disliked the Agent Zero minigame, dunno why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom