• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Spotlight Race

A few of us would like to see a Zelda game based on the Ooccoo to finally get some background on why they seem to be so important etc, but while a narrative based on the Ooccoo tribe would be somewhat enlightening would a narrative based on another race such as the Zora or the Gorons be as interesting to you or just feel like a filler game since we see those races so often, or would you like to know more about them, kind of like Rutela eing present in Rutela's back story.

So, would you like to see a familiar race more fleshed out for an entire game or would this feel like pointless filler for a game unless the race was a new one like the Picori

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Not at all.

This wouldn't be filler, it would be an expansion of the amazing world of Hyrule. The races of Hyrule have had plenty of development in games and guides. I love how creative nintendo has been in defining these races. In any other game, you would have forest elves, mountain dwarves, and some ugly goblins. Zelda gives us rock people that live in volcanoes and can spin themselves at until they burst into flames. They also include an interesting race of fish people that don't look stupid or particularly weird. That is an accomplishment rarely achieved. Let's also not forget the all female arabesque assassins, for you know that's awesome beyond belief. The Goron, Zora, and others are unique aspects of Zelda that we would love to see fleshed out more in the future.

I really hope the next delves into the history of the Sheikah. They are so dark, so mysterious, and mentioned in across different games. However, they never get any real backstory. Who started them? Can we see more than one in a game? Can't we see them when they aren't dying out? What sort of awesome fighting abilities do they possess? How have they protected the Royal Family? (I'm partially looking at those dungeons you see in Kakariko Village) All questions in desperate need of answering.

Yes for how important the Sheikah are they don't get a lot of appearances in the games I would love to see a village of Shikah and the chance to learn about their mysterious culture and their origins.

Pretty sure a lot of people will agree when I say that the series could use a game based entirely around the Sheikah (Pronounced/, SHEE-kah; Seeker[sup]?[/sup]) . Even despite of HH and such, the Sheikah still remain the most enigmatic figures in all of Zelda. So much mystery has built up over the years that there should be more than
140px-Sheikah.png
Sheikah symbol​
enough material to create a title with this elusive race in mind. To name just a few, we have: the many mysteries of Kakariko, including the origins of Bongo Bongo and the Sheikah's role in its sealing; the mystery behind the previous Sage of Shadow—could it have been SS Impa? And lastly, a hypothetical title involving the Sheikah could also unravel the mysteries behind such artifacts as the Lens of Truth, the Sheikah mask, the Gossip stone, and the most clandestine of them all, the infamous Sheikah eye.

107px-GossipStone.png

Gossip Stone​
Heck, the end of the game could even mindr*** us all, and reveal that the Sheikah have been pulling the strings from behind the scenes for centuries, aiding (or sabotaging) the various Links' exploits in a variety of ways. This factor, of course, would more than likely be touched upon slightly, though, considering Nintendo's track record. Although, going by most Twili theories, Twilight Princess is believed to have covered the plight of the Sheikah (ten points to whomever knows what I am alluding to.)

Omg, random thought... Imagine if there were an antagonist of Sheikah origins...

I think that it would be cool if they were neither good or evil but rather those who maintain the balance between good and evil, and sometimes a little evil must be done for the greeter good.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
There is still a lot to be explained about most every race, given the Zelda series lack of exposition (and vague exposition at that). Some races factor into Hyrule's history in a big way, such as the Picori and Oocca, and much of that remains vague and full of holes. I greatly dislike the visual design of the Oocca. I think they're creepy. So an entire game featuring them in large capacity would be a big turnoff for me if I had to look at them a lot.

But the Zora and Gorons have been fleshed out quite a bit across three games in which they feature as major races in Hyrule (and Termina). It would always be nice to see more of them in a different light, and new races are always welcome. The Gorons and Zoras are mainstays so I'll always like seeing more of them.

Kikwis should have a game of their own.....but anyways, yeah I do believe that Nintendo should make a Zelda game or spinoff about some of the races.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
What about the Kokiris? I love the Kokiri tribe, but they were only in OoT, with a brief mention in WW. I want more of these immortal forest fairy children!

I also want Mogmas.

Hmm the Kokiri I don't know how interesting that would be as they are as you said immortal which means it would likely be all the same characters and I don't think they can reproduce which means they are either created from magic or some other force or there simply wouldn't be any new members, but in another aspect if they were to make a reappearance the current Link would likely be able to learn about his ancestor who was once thought to be one of their own.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think I have said this many times but it always baffles me how Nintendo don't explain some key aspects in Zelda games, in this case Races. A few come to mind here...The Sheikah and the Oocca are the main ones in my opinion though.

For one these 2 races have such a big role or are said to have had a big role in past history in Hyrule:

The Shiekah

This mysterious tribe have rarely appeared in the Zelda series compared to the much bigger tribes like the Gorons, Zoras Etc. However the main game where this tribe had a vital role was Ocarina of Time. We learned in this game that Impa was the only member of the original Sheikah tribe or so it seemed and we also got to find out that the Sheikah were given the task of protecting the Royal family...Now this is a pretty big task imo and it certainly indicates that the Sheikah Tribe are incredibly powerful as well as important! (SPOILER) We also later find out that Impa is a sage and Shiek is in fact Zelda which indicates a huge link between this tribe and the Triforce!

There are other games we were also find what seems to be a descendent of Impa like in OoX we see Impa but in a very different form, in TP we see what seems to be a long distant descendent in Impaz and finally in Skyward Sword we see Impa in both old and young form and she plays a similar role like that of OoT Impa. However I see a similar pattern here; We only see one member of the Tribe in each game, now this indicates that something may have indeed happened in past circumstances and I would love for a game to finally explore the origins of this tribe as it would make for a great narrative. I was hoping Skyward Sword would have indeed done this....As it is meant to be an origin game but we got barely anything in terms of backgrounds or inital belief :/

Another good reason why I think it would be interesting to explore the origins of the Sheikah tribe as they seem to be very mysterious. We see them as serving good however they harness the power of Shadow, this could make for a neat plot and there could be many questions answered in terms of connections throughout other Zelda games like the Interlopers, Ancient tribe in MM Etc.

The Oocca

A lot of people seem to hate this tribe due to their straight out weird appearance. However it is stated in Twilight Princess that they indeed "make the race of Hyrule" however this was a mis-translation as actually they made the land of Hyrule. Now this is a big plot line in my opinion and since they seem to have made the city in the sky as well and other forms of weapons like the Dominan Rod - It could be that in contrast to their looks, the Oocca may be extremely powerful and intelligent. I could definitely see a Zelda game explore the origins of the Oocca and after reading one of Cfrock's theories I think it would make for a great llot line during one of the many wars in Hyrule's history.

Another thing about the Oocca is that it is said in TP that they are very close to the God's, actually closer to the God's than the Hylian's! Now this indicates to me that the Oocca are actually a vital race in the formation of Hyrule and the the Hylian's. Like I said before the Oocca built Hyrule so this could have happened between the events of Skyward Sword and the Minish Cap, but why didn't we see the Oocca during SS? Another death of a possible great side story in a Zelda game and am sure the Oocca will end up being one of the many un-answered questions in the Zelda series, which really disappoint's me as I expected since SS was meant to be an orign story and the whole sky theme....we would have gotten at least some information but No! Nothing once again :/

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Strangely enough a lot of people seem to have forgotten the Deku Tribe have ever existed. The last time we saw them in 3D was in Majora's Mask, which happened to use a Deku as one of the primary Transformation Masks. But after that they were completely dropped from the Zelda universe in favor of the Gorons and Zoras, their Terminian counterparts. Nintendo took the time to expound on those two races, but have left Dekus out of the picture for several games. I'd like to see them have a time in the spotlight again.

It would be cool if all or most of the species and races were to be incorporated into one game that way we might learn more about all of them and it would give the game depth plus I think people would like to explore the different cultures and how they interact with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom