• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sports

Talk about sports.

Utah Jazz is my NBA team. I have a few NBA teams I like to follow. Oklahoma City Thunder is the team I think has the best chance of toppling the Miami Heat. Kevin Durant has toooo much swag for me to handle. I used to be a major fan of the Thunder simply because Durant and Harden were on the team, but once the Thunder - Rockets trade went down, I liked the team because they seemed to be the most well rounded in terms of ability/stardom. Utah Jazz is my hometown favorite, not to mention their roster is at its best stage since John Stockton and Karl Malone were on the team.

I'm also a Houston Rockets fan. I used to just be a Jeremy Lin fan, then Harden got put there. I started following them and realized they're actually a spectacular team. I love Chandler Parsons. He's probably one of the NBA's most underrated players I'd say.

I love football, but Utah has no professional team. I used to be a Ravens fan, then Ray Lewis got hurt, and then he retired. Ray Lewis was my favorite player in the NFL. I'm waiting for Manti Te'o to get drafted, that's the team that I'll follow. I'm more of a BYU Football fan. A lot of my really good friends are playing there right now.

So just talk about sports. Favorite teams? Recent games you're happy or bummed out about? Jazz looked like they were going to get wrecked by the Mavericks. Luckily my boy Gordon Hayward came out and ate everyone alive and brought them back. Hayward for MVP.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Big sports fan!

Love playing sport, watching it and just generally being a fan.....I play football (soccer for you Americans:P), Golf and Tennis. Am not really a big fan of American sport but I am recently starting to watch NFL :)

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I am my father's son. If there are sports on TV, I will watch them.

Kazumi

chagy
I wouldn't call myself a huge sports fan, but I definitely enjoy watching most all types of sports. I used to watch hockey all of the time, but I don't keep up with it as much as I used to and really only watch a match every so often. I also occasionally watch American football (both CFL and NFL), as well as the occasional baseball game. I've always wanted to get start closely following baseball, but it's really difficult to find the time considering how long games are and how long the season is.

I do however really enjoy watching soccer (Football for the rest of the world). I passionately watch the Euro Cup and World Cup when they happen, watching essentially every single match. I also like to keep up with club soccer, mostly the English Premier League and La Liga (the Spanish pro league). Unfortunately due to my busy schedule and the times that the games are played, I don't get to watch them very often.

I'm a HUGE sports fan. I love the Lakers, Steelers, LA Kings and Dodgers.

Basketball and Football are the sports I follow the most. I root for all the LA teams, plus the Steelers since for some ridiculous reason we still don't have an NFL team after 20 years!

I've been a Lakers fan since I was a young kid in the 80s. They aren't doing too well this season despite big expectations, but the future is always bright in Laker Land because of great ownership and tradition, which is my favorite thing about the team.

I'm not as much of a hockey fan, but I still try to watch it when I can, especially during the playoffs. Can't wait to see the LA Kings raise their first banner for their Stanley Cup win!

Baseball I dislike. I'm not a fan of teams basically buying their ways into championships because of no salary cap. It's also the reason I don't like Soccer. You basically see the same 3-4 teams competing with the smaller teams having no chance at winning.

I'm also a Houston Rockets fan. I used to just be a Jeremy Lin fan, then Harden got put there. I started following them and realized they're actually a spectacular team. I love Chandler Parsons. He's probably one of the NBA's most underrated players I'd say.

I'm a big fan of Parsons. I've only watched him play when they play the Lakers, and he always destroys them, and keeps up with Kobe Bryant every step of the way. And he's only getting better.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I like Soccer, but no particular team.

I can sit though Hockey, but not football or basketball.

I am a rabid Baseball fan, specifically for the San Francisco Giants. Dis them at your own risk.

Baseball I dislike. I'm not a fan of teams basically buying their ways into championships because of no salary cap. It's also the reason I don't like Soccer. You basically see the same 3-4 teams competing with the smaller teams having no chance at winning.

Part of the reason I hate the Dodgers and Yankees.

I love watching college football and the NBA. My favorite football team is Notre Dame, and my favorite NBA teams are the Celtics and Thunder. Sadly, ND lost the BCS championship and the Celtics are mediocre this year, but at least the Thunder are excelling. My favorite ND players this season were Manti Te'o, TJ Jones, Tyler Eifert, and Kapron Lewis-Moore. My favorite Celtics players are Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce, and my favorite Thunder players are Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. I also like some other NBA players such as Brandon Jennings, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose, but I don't really care for their respective teams. I also watch some college basketball; my favorite teams there are Notre Dame and North Carolina. My uncle's a college hockey coach, so I watch his team, Providence, play whenever I can.

There's also a lot of teams I hate. In college football, I despise Ohio State because of all the annoying fans around here. In the NBA, I hate the Heat because LeBron is a whiny little ***** and Bosh needs to stay in Jurassic Park. In college basketball, I hate Kentucky because they pay their players and their fans are annoying as well.

Curmudgeon

I like Soccer, but no particular team.
Part of the reason I hate the Dodgers and Yankees.

Avoid being so high and mighty. Your Giants were #8 in payroll in 2012 and their opening day salaries in 2013 will be closer in margin to the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers than the bottom of the league.

Also, European soccer is the worst when it comes to buying championships. When was the last time a team not named Arsenal, Man U, Man City or Chelsea won the EPL? Oh, right. 1994.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Avoid being so high and mighty. Your Giants were #8 in payroll in 2012 and their opening day salaries in 2013 will be closer in margin to the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers than the bottom of the league.

Also, European soccer is the worst when it comes to buying championships. When was the last time a team not named Arsenal, Man U, Man City or Chelsea won the EPL? Oh, right. 1994.

Well, the Yanks are still exponentially higher than any other team, salary wise. What's more, the Dodgers have been spending money like theirs no tomorrow.

Also, the main reason for high salary is a couple of bloated pitcher contracts *cough* Zito *cough.

Also, I meant I liked Soccer as a sport.

Curmudgeon

Well, the Yanks are still exponentially higher than any other team, salary wise. What's more, the Dodgers have been spending money like theirs no tomorrow.

Also, the main reason for high salary is a couple of bloated pitcher contracts *cough* Zito *cough.

Take away the Arod deal, and the Yankees drop to fourth (fifth once the Dodgers have to start paying their players). That's hardly exponentially outspending everyone... and how is having a player that performs below average, but commands the highest salary in the league an advantage? The Dodgers, Phillies, Red Sox, Angels, and Tigers have all moved into The Yankee's neighborhood. Take away the Zito deal and the Giants swap with the Cardinals for number 8 and 9.

None of it really matter anyway. The chief demographic that follows baseball is 55+. That means in 20 years, most fans of the sport will be dead or dying. The best athletes (especially African Americans) are choosing other sports now because of the superior payoff. Why spend 5-7 years in AA ball (possibly never seeing the field or a bit payday) when you can make money in the NFL and NBA today? I'm not against a salary cap in baseball. But the players are. The strike in 1994 was in large part about that. The players, including ones that play for Kansas City and Pittsburgh, want nothing to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom