• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

spoilers time limits

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
what is the limit to how long a game should have spoilers?? 6 months, a year?? different people have different limits, what would you do if someone really spoilt a game

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
A month to two months is norm for my areas, if it's a big thing like Endgame was then 3 to 6 is the normal. I generally stop talking to whoever spoilt the thing til i've had a chance to actually play the game or watch the film. With a few i've cut contacts, if they can't respect the spoiler boundry they ain't gonnar espect yer friendship at the end of the day.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I try to stay spoiler free until I have experienced it myself, but if it's something really old kind of hard to avoid at this point so I don't mind. If it's something I don't care to experience then I don't care at that point either.

Quin

Disaster Master
Forever. However, a lot of people don't know the difference of what actually is, and what isn't a spoiler.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
To Spoil:
diminish or destroy the value or quality of.

so telling people parts of a game that''ve been updated would do that, or telling them about a specific part of a movie that features largely in the whole film, would be to spoil it.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I try to stay spoiler free until I have experienced it myself, but if it's something really old kind of hard to avoid at this point so I don't mind. If it's something I don't care to experience then I don't care at that point either.
exactly! any info about a movie that I haven't watched is a spoiler acc to me this is completely a matter of perspective
And exposing that at public isn't acceptable even AFTER knowing that it's a SPOILER to 90% of the people

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Forever. However, a lot of people don't know the difference of what actually is, and what isn't a spoiler.
this is true- a lot of people confuse leaks and spoilers, believing spoilers to refer only to unofficial content, when spoilers refer to ANY upcoming media content.
my answer is it depends where you are
on forums and other places with built in spoiler tags, just use the courtesy and tag it if there's a potential for revealing something. It's all contextual and really hard to give a definite line. If I know someone who could see or hear what I'm saying hasn't experienced it yet, I'll spoiler tag it. It's just common courtesy to not spoil games and it really doesn't take much effort

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I say typically a month or two after something comes out would be a respectful amount of time. I feel like if you haven't watched the movie/show/game after that point, you don't have too much room to complain. At that point, I say the burden falls onto the person who doesn't want to be spoiled.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I guess it depends on the group but maybe a year? Major stuff has to wait longer than minor stuff

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not everyone is able to experience everything ever as they come out, so I'm kinda leaning towards a few months, though it depends how big the thing in question is and how much people want to talk about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom