• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[SPOILERS] Team Flair/Flare

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
In the latest CoroCoro leak, they revealed the brand new evil syndicate, and their name is Team Flair/Flare. It's been revealed that their sole purpose is to acquire money. Taking their name into account, as well as their orange apparel, I concluded that they'll more than likely be using Fire types as their Pokémon type of choice. Taking what we know so far, I imagine some of their team members will use Litleo and/or Fennekin in battle.

3APkq.jpg

What are your thoughts on this villainous organization? Do you like what you see so far? Do you feel that they have potential? Discuss.

Source: Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't like what I see so far, and I don't have much of an opinion. They look generic. Their goal is generic. But I'll wait for more information to be revealed. They may be interesting besides the money-greedy aspect.

I like the way they look, but their goal of money making seems a little strange. Honestly, I could see their money making goal as a cover up for a bigger one that deals with Xerneas/Yveltal.

loler I like the designs of Team Flare seen so far and it would be great if they used fire Pokémon like Liteo instead of a Pokémon X and Y's version of Ratata. Based on the official Pokémon Site, it seems one of their schemes is to restore Fossils for their purpose: money. I can't wait to see what the leader of Team Flare is going to look like and if he has other plans than ze money.

EDIT: I should have looked at the trailer better. XD One of the grunts uses a Houndoor, so they seem to use fire Pokémon so far.

Last edited:
I love how after B/W Gamefreak is now going back to the Team Rocket types of villians. The design of them are awesome as well, I love the suits, they are so badass. The sunglasses though, are a little bit creepy, that you aren't able to see their eyes...

loler surprised this thread hasn't been updated with pictures and such....

Spoilers away!

4c5bdfc56b.jpg

Official Artwork of Team Flare

8390f1b87a.jpg

fd26e36d0f.jpg

09598788a1.jpg

Anywho, seems like one of Team Flare's schemes is to sell restored fossils for money.....to help their sole purpose. :P I think Team Flare will also use Malamar due to the Pokémon X and Y site describing it as:

There is never a shortage of humans attempting to use Malamar to achieve their own nefarious purposes.

So, I'm getting a little more excited about Team Flare. :P

I must admit... I'm not the biggest fan of their design (although the grunts' designs have been hit-or-miss for a while now). Their goal sounds quite interesting, though, to say the least.

Their design, name, as well as their goal appear to fit a "glam", "fashion", and perhaps "fame" trope, alongside their supposed "fire/flare" thematic. Seems they're taking that whole French theme to a whole new level, huh? In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Pokémon X and Y included the ever popular plot of some influential rich folks using animals [Pokémon] for personal gain. The only troubling factor, however, is the actual way in which the Pokémon may be used. In the real world, animals are used for their fur, teeth, horns, or anything else of value with which fame and fortune can be gained. If this is the route that Game Freak plans to take this time around, I wonder how they'll manage to translate it into the kid-friendly Pokémon franchise...

Update:

Some wolf guy said:
The only troubling factor, however, is the actual way in which the Pokémon may be used. In the real world, animals are used for their fur, teeth, horns, or anything else of value with which fame and fortune can be gained. If this is the route that Game Freak plans to take this time around, I wonder how they'll manage to translate it into the kid-friendly Pokémon franchise...

Anywho, seems like one of Team Flare's schemes is to sell restored fossils for money.....to help their sole purpose. :P I think Team Flare will also use Malamar due to the Pokémon X and Y site describing it as:

So, I'm getting a little more excited about Team Flare. :P

Ah, okay. While this is just a theory at this point, it does give a bit of insight as to the new team's ultimate goal (or what said goal appears to be on the surface ;J)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fig

The Altruist
I really enjoy the new evil syndicate's design concept. What I really admire from Team Flair/Flare is that orange color that they wear. I just find it interesting as it differs from previous syndicates' designs. The syndicates from Gen 1-5 had a color scheme that really was focused on being hidden, hiding from the general public. But Team Flair/Flare is all like" Bam, we don't care if you can see us from a mile away, we look fabulous!" what I also like is that the team itself reminds me of Team Cipher from Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. But that's just me! :3

Dan

I do like their orange design but then again I just love the colour orange altogether so I'm a bit bias, their hairstyles and facial features seem quite goofy to me but in a good way, and I can't say no to an orange suite Still like Ventus said it's pretty generic, I suppose it's a positive that it's not just another take over the world team, but I'd prefer a team that has a more unique three dimensional motivation, I thought team galactic in black and white was a step forward. Still I guess it's about the journey and not the destination when it comes to their goal of money, so let's hope they make it interesting.

I've grown tired of fighting villainous syndicates in Pokemon. It's another generic group of villains over and over again. In the fifth generation, Team Plasma at least had a noble but misguided cause. Here we're back to money grubbing croons once more.

Pokemon X and Y are shaping up nicely, but this is an aspect of the franchise that's failed to evolve.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'd say there's likely more to it than money. Those Flare guys stealing the fossil reminded me of team magma stealing the Devon Goods in Ruby. -A larger story is likely to unfold. Maybe they'll plan to rule the world, or burn things (Idk). It's simply unlikely the story would revert back to Gen I after what happened with Team Plasma and N.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm really liking how Team Flare is and what is the main goal of the whole organization as of today. If you think about, an evil syndicate who's main goal is money is actually original to the series. Also, it sounds very promising when you really think about it. They can use the money to develop very cool machinery and technology that can help them progress with their other goals if there are any. To me, I like Team Flare and I hope that we get to learn more about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom