• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS!] [SPOILERS!] Zelda's Aging

Pen

The game is on!
During the course of the game we could hear Zelda's voice speaking to us and we could see her in the memories we found. We didn't actually get to see Zelda in the present day though until the very end of the game after Ganon had been defeated. We know that Link was in a kind of magical sleep for 100 years so it makes sense for him not to have aged. We also meet many characters who were around 100 years ago, but they are all super old (like Impa for example). All of this lead me to suspect that Zelda would also have grown into an old woman, and that it would be some sort of twist at the end of the game. Like ooh! Zelda is super old now! Anyway, it turns out that she looked just as young as she was in the memories from 100 years ago, so how does that work?

Share your ideas and explanations here in this thread. Maybe it was actually explained in the game and I just happened to miss it. How come Zelda still looks like a 17 year old after 100 years of fighting Ganon by herself?

Super waifu powers.

Its unclear if she remained in physical form while keeping Ganon at bay inside Hyrule Castle. Maybe she has a roided out stasis power like the one found in the Sheikah Slate.

Ganon doesnt age while trapped in the Silent Realm (i dont think he does anyway) and i OoT Zelda helped put him there so maybe she does have some sort of stasis magic.

But mostly i want to go with super waifu powers.

Last edited:
There's been a recurring theory that Hylia was the goddess of time (her temple did contain a gate of time, and had a new ToT built over it after the original had been destroyed), with Zelda suspected to have been the sage of time on OoT (hence her connection to the Temple of Time)... and we did see her use her power to put herself into a stasis-like state in SS, so she could have done something similar here.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I didn't read what you posted just he title. Your title kinda has a spoiler in it. Like, for me who has not gone to the end of the game I was half expecting Zelda to look different. Maybe drained after 100 years. Maybe old like Impa. Maybe the same, I wasn't sure. But with your title you have just told me that - nope, she is the same.

:(

I didn't read what you posted just he title. Your title kinda has a spoiler in it. Like, for me who has not gone to the end of the game I was half expecting Zelda to look different. Maybe drained after 100 years. Maybe old like Impa. Maybe the same, I wasn't sure. But with your title you have just told me that - nope, she is the same.

He's lying she looks like a shrivelled Sheikah monk.

Reactions: Dio

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
He's lying she looks like a shrivelled Sheikah monk.
:) YAAAAAY! Now Link can move on and settle down in Hateno with a nice village girl.

(to be clear, I don't care - I just look out for others that might...)

Pen

The game is on!

I understand, and I'm sorry you got spoiled on that. But in my defense I did put two capitalized spoiler warnings right at the start of the thread title. I figured that someone who really wants to avoid spoilers would stop reading the title after seeing that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I understand, and I'm sorry you got spoiled on that. But in my defense I did put two capitalized spoiler warnings right at the start of the thread title. I figured that someone who really wants to avoid spoilers would stop reading the title after seeing that.
People's eyes dont always work that way lol

I chalked it up to her sealing powers. She sealed herself in the castle with Calamity Ganon to keep him at bay for those hundred years, and she didn't really appear to have any sort of physical form until the very end when the battle was over. That's likely why she didn't age.

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom