• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] - BOTW Spoiler Round Up

Anything solid on timeline yet? Or bits of everything as expected?
Based on what I've seen of the leaks, all of the details that support specific timelines seem to contradict one another at the moment... although all of those details are only things that have only been seen in certain timelines... they could still exist in other timelines where we haven't seen them before.

I have seen some comments from people with review copies that they are almost certain about a specific timeline placement... they can't say any more about it yet because of the embargo, but I have the feeling that it may only be an assumption based on the details they've seen personally.

From what I've read and seen there's evidence everywhere for literally every timeline. I think Dragon Break looks pretty likely...

From what I've read and seen there's evidence everywhere for literally every timeline. I think Dragon Break looks pretty likely...
I doubt they'd do a Dragon Break sort of situation... and I don't think they'd have to in order to make everything fit, as everything I've seen could potentially have an explanation for it existing in any timeline.
What we do know is that it must occur at the end of a timeline, as that is the only place where an event as big as BotW could fit, and we can rule out the end of the existing adult timeline because BotW is clearly set in the original Hyrule, not New Hyrule... but there is also the option for a new timeline, with the relative void of knowledge about the start of the adult timeline being the most likely place for a new timeline split to occur.... still leaving us with three options.

That's basically nit-picking over the details... if you're going to do that, then you should also question how the adult timeline could exist if Link went back to the past and prevented the events of OoT.
All three timelines are essentially 'what ifs'... what if Link failed (downfall), what if Link succeeded (adult), and what if the events of OoT had been prevented (child).
No, that is not true, the CT and AT are definitely not what-ifs. When Link traveled back in time it created a paradox. It is a quite common time theorem.

You could argue that the entire DT is a what-if scenario. But I think that is lazy. And it would be even more lazy if they started to add more timelines. Why even bother to give the fans a timeline and a quite extensive backstory if they were not going to use it in the future?

No, that is not true, the CT and AT are definitely not what-ifs. When Link traveled back in time it created a paradox. It is a quite common time theorem.

You could argue that the entire DT is a what-if scenario. But I think that is lazy. And it would be even more lazy if they started to add more timelines. Why even bother to give the fans a timeline and a quite extensive backstory if they were not going to use it in the future?
They are all what ifs because none of them are guaranteed to take place... each is only set once the conditions required for it to occur are fulfilled.
From that point on it's a matter of perspective... if you're in the downfall timeline your perspective would make it seem like the child and adult timelines never happened, and likewise for the other timelines.
Only from Link's perspective would both the adult and child timelines exist as he would be the only one who had experienced both of them (assuming he survives in OoT)... to everyone else only one or the other would exist.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
They are all what ifs because none of them are guaranteed to take place... each is only set once the conditions required for it to occur are fulfilled.
From that point on it's a matter of perspective... if you're in the downfall timeline your perspective would make it seem like the child and adult timelines never happened, and likewise for the other timelines.
Only from Link's perspective would both the adult and child timelines exist as he would be the only one who had experienced both of them (assuming he survives in OoT)... to everyone else only one or the other would exist.
The adult and child timelines both exist. They are parallel and were created due to time travel. Link dying is just a what if scenario. Totally different.

Both are valid endings to OoT. Pretty sure there have been more deaths in OoT than true endings over the years of people playing.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Both are valid endings to OoT. Pretty sure there have been more deaths in OoT than true endings over the years of people playing.
But those endings don't run parallel with each other. They can't both happen at the same time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So the champions are dead and don't live in the present?

I wonder how her healing power works.
Yeah, all champions including Link are dead, Link got lucky enough to be revived though. Zelda's still alive - 100 years apparently isn't a long time in Hyrule at all. it's like 10 years for us I guess.

Mipha's Grace is a fairy on steroids; on death you get auto-revived with full HP + 5 bonus hearts. Cooldown: 25 real minutes
Revali's Gale is a manual updraft with 3x charges; hold X to charge and let go to let fly. Cooldown: 5 real minutes after charges run out

Don't know about Daruk or Ogura (can't remember the gerudo girl's name) passives yet. Working on Yiga Clan Hideout rn

But those endings don't run parallel with each other. They can't both happen at the same time.
Then the CT/AT are as equal a 'what if' as the DT.

The DT is a what if Link lost, and the CT/AT is what if Link succeeded.

Okay... another weird thing came up.

Zelda mentions that the Master Sword has "Been in the Sky, Through time, and shone in the Twilight."

Could that mean Ruto became a sage in the CT as well?

Okay... another weird thing came up.

Zelda mentions that the Master Sword has "Been in the Sky, Through time, and shone in the Twilight."

Could that mean Ruto became a sage in the CT as well?
Actually, no, she's talking about Link specifically. And not 'the spirit of the Hero' or anything- this specific Link. In this game Link goes to the Twilight Realm (according to several sources)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom