• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] - BOTW Spoiler Round Up

But his hand only glowed when the mark actually appeared in AoL and SS; it quit glowing shortly after he proved himself worthy of having the Triforce. Also, I'd like to point out, on the Tapestry depicting the events, there's a very faint yet apparent (in the cutscene) Triforce under Zelda's "light." If that isn't apparent, I don't know what is.
The symbol never remains lit permanently regardless of whether or not they are in possession of the Triforce though, so that's irrelevant.
And as I pointed out previously...
if Zelda had proven herself worthy to possess the Triforce of Power, then it could have passed from Ganon to her on it's own, which would have allowed her to obtain the complete Triforce
It's also worth pointing out that Zelda's light magic has been seen to take the shape of the Triforce in TP, at which point she was in possession of no pieces of the Triforce, making that detail also irrelevant.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not sure I agree that a Triforce piece can change ownership just like that... I think once it's owned, it needs to be taken, or given away.
Death, giving it up, or otherwise losing control over it. Ganon "becomes Malice" whatever the **** that means, it's possible that in doing so he loses the TOP.

And if we assume that it's Downfall after ALBW, we know the TOP was already assimilated into the whole Triforce at some point, then LoZ/AoL happen. after AoL, the Triforce is in control of the Royal Family.

The symbol never remains lit permanently regardless of whether or not they are in possession of the Triforce though, so that's irrelevant.
And as I pointed out previously...
if Zelda had proven herself worthy to possess the Triforce of Power, then it could have passed from Ganon to her on it's own, which would have allowed her to obtain the complete Triforce
It's also worth pointing out that Zelda's light magic has been seen to take the shape of the Triforce in TP, at which point she was in possession of no pieces of the Triforce, making that detail also irrelevant.
Actually, in Twilight Princess, she most definitely had Wisdom. And this isn't taking the shape of the Triforce; this is straight up a reference to the Triforce and the power it's giving off underneath the glowing light.

I'm not sure I agree that a Triforce piece can change ownership just like that... I think once it's owned, it needs to be taken, or given away.
At the end of TP, the ToP left Ganondorf on it's own... it wasn't taken or given away.
And the ToC and ToW went to Link and Zelda in OoT on their own as well.

Actually, in Twilight Princess, she most definitely had Wisdom.
No, she didn't... not at that point in the game... she'd given it to Midna.

At the end of TP, the ToP left Ganondorf on it's own... it wasn't taken or given away.
It didn't leave him on its own. He was defeated and killed. Just like in the DT Link was defeated and Killed and this allowed Ganon to take Courage. Or in tWW where Ganon was able to defeat Link and Zelda and reform the Triforce. Link and Zelda received theirs as the first owners - when the Triforce splits, it finds worthy owners. It then stays with them until they are defeated. As Ganon was, as Link was.

It didn't leave him on its own. He was defeated and killed. Just like in the DT Link was defeated and Killed and this allowed Ganon to take Courage. Or in tWW where Ganon was able to defeat Link and Zelda and reform the Triforce. Link and Zelda received theirs as the first owners - when the Triforce splits, it finds worthy owners. It then stays with them until they are defeated. As Ganon was, as Link was.
He didn't actually die until after the ToP left him... until that point it had been keeping him alive ever since his (attempted) execution.
And Link wasn't necessarily dead when Ganondorf took the ToC in the DT... he may have taken the ToC from him before killing him, which actually makes sense if it had kept Link alive like the ToP kept Ganondorf alive... and the ToC and ToW did not automatically transfer to Ganondorf when he defeated them in WW... he still had to take them from them afterwards.
Also, in the end of OoT, after Link defeated Ganondorf, Ganondorf remained in possession of the ToP... again, it did not transfer automatically.

The ToP left Ganondorf because he literally died, and the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom went to Link and Zelda because Link nearly bringing the Triforce of Courage back from the Adult Timeline to the Child Timeline created a continuity problem, so the Triforce automatically split and went to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf as well.
No, she didn't... not at that point in the game... she'd given it to Midna.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Self4dDdRHE :22
Midna purges Zelda of Ganondorf and presumably revives her, returning the ToW in the process.

The ToP left Ganondorf because he literally died, and the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom went to Link and Zelda because Link nearly bringing the Triforce of Courage back from the Adult Timeline to the Child Timeline created a continuity problem, so the Triforce automatically split and went to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Self4dDdRHE :22
Midna purges Zelda of Ganondorf and presumably revives her, returning the ToW in the process.

Ganondorf didn't die until after the ToP left him... if it wasn't for the ToP keeping him alive, he would have died at his execution.
There is actually a flaw in the theory that Link took the ToC back with him, and that is that it was still present in WW... if Link had taken it back, then the adult timeline would have been left without a ToC... so he couldn't have taken it back with him, and couldn't have caused the Triforce to split... so the ToP must have gone to Ganondorf on it's own.
And the fight where Zelda uses her light magic in the shape of the Triforce comes in the battle before that video you linked... while Midna still had it... with the ToW seemingly not returning to Zelda until around the 5:30 mark (which it does on it's own, btw).

Ganondorf didn't die until after the ToP left him... if it wasn't for the ToP keeping him alive, he would have died at his execution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8ZmtpAqrw
Ganondorf was near death, barely hanging on, and lost his Triforce Piece immediately after. This directly parallels the events of what happens in Wind Waker. Link gets beaten to near death by Ganondorf and loses his Triforce.
There is actually a flaw in the theory that Link took the ToC back with him, and that is that it was still present in WW... if Link had taken it back, then the adult timeline would have been left without a ToC... so he couldn't have taken it back with him, and couldn't have caused the Triforce to split... so the ToP must have gone to Ganondorf on it's own.
You're making a mistake in your viewing of my reasoning. In the Adult Timeline, when Link was returning, Link couldn't bring the Triforce of Courage of the Adult Timeline with him, so to substitute for this, the Triforce of Courage in the Child Timeline went to him when he returned. This occurred for the other two as well, as we see Zelda with the Triforce of Wisdom and Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess.
And the fight where Zelda uses her light magic in the shape of the Triforce comes in the battle before that video you linked... while Midna still had it... with the ToW seemingly not returning to Zelda until around the 5:30 mark (which it does on it's own, btw).
I'm guessing you were referring to the triangular shape of light that Puppet Zelda summons? You're forgetting an incredibly important fact in all of this; Zelda is being controlled by Ganondorf, who is currently in control of the Triforce of Power. By that logic, Zelda can also fly and play Deadman's Volley. What was returning to Zelda was not the Triforce of Wisdom at 5:30; in fact, it was her life force (or just force in the Japanese version) . It's similar to when Tetra was revived from being a stone statue in Phantom Hourglass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8ZmtpAqrw
Ganondorf was near death, barely hanging on, and lost his Triforce Piece immediately after. This directly parallels the events of what happens in Wind Waker. Link gets beaten to near death by Ganondorf and loses his Triforce.
Are you watching the same clip? He's clearly still alive when the ToP leave him, dying shortly after.
But Link does not lose the ToC in WW like Ganondorf loses the ToP in TP... Ganondorf took it from him in WW, while in TP it just seemed to disappear.... we don't know where it went (it's possible all three pieces returned to the Sacred Realm, as we don't see any of them again), but we should have seen if it had gone to Link.

You're making a mistake in your viewing of my reasoning. In the Adult Timeline, when Link was returning, Link couldn't bring the Triforce of Courage of the Adult Timeline with him, so to substitute for this, the Triforce of Courage in the Child Timeline went to him when he returned. This occurred for the other two as well, as we see Zelda with the Triforce of Wisdom and Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess.
There is no reason, nor evidence for that being the case... Link and Zelda were never shown to have the ToC or ToW in OoT after Link returned to the past, nor was there any sign of Link possessing the ToC in MM... the first time they are seen with the ToC and ToW in the child timeline after that is after Ganondorf's attempted execution, with there being no evidence of him possessing the ToP before then.

I'm guessing you were referring to the triangular shape of light that Puppet Zelda summons? You're forgetting an incredibly important fact in all of this; Zelda is being controlled by Ganondorf, who is currently in control of the Triforce of Power. By that logic, Zelda can also fly and play Deadman's Volley. What was returning to Zelda was not the Triforce of Wisdom at 5:30; in fact, it was her life force (or just force in the Japanese version) . It's similar to when Tetra was revived from being a stone statue in Phantom Hourglass.
Okay, I will give you that one... but it is the ToW that returns to Zelda at 5:30... the word 'Triforce' is never actually used at any time in TP... they avoid it by using other words and phrases instead.... so my point about the Triforce pieces being able to move from person to person on their own still stands.

Are you watching the same clip? He's clearly still alive when the ToP leave him, dying shortly after.
But Link does not lose the ToC in WW like Ganondorf loses the ToP in TP... Ganondorf took it from him in WW, while in TP it just seemed to disappear.... we don't know where it went (it's possible all three pieces returned to the Sacred Realm, as we don't see any of them again), but we should have seen if it had gone to Link. And we know where it went; it went to the Sacred Realm, play Four Swords Adventures.
Ganondorf loses it just like Link lost the ToC; it simply leaves his body, and Link most likely would have died in WW if it wasn't for Daphnes wishing for a future for Link and Zelda.
There is no reason, nor evidence for that being the case... Link and Zelda were never shown to have the ToC or ToW in OoT after Link returned to the past, nor was there any sign of Link possessing the ToC in MM... the first time they are seen with the ToC and ToW in the child timeline after that is after Ganondorf's attempted execution, with there being no evidence of him possessing the ToP before then.
Check the ending of Ocarina of Time, specifically Link reuniting with Zelda in the Child Timeline. He clearly has the brand of the Triforce on his hand.
Okay, I will give you that one... but it is the ToW that returns to Zelda at 5:30... the word 'Triforce' is never actually used at any time in TP... they avoid it by using other words and phrases instead.... so my point about the Triforce pieces being able to move from person to person on their own still stands.
It doesn't, but ok.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
THIS ****ING FINAL BOSS MUSIC HOLY ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom