• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] BOTW Game Help

Thank you for the feedback about the dragons. I definitely have some work left to do.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE but, is it possible to find all 120 shrines without help? Has anyone done it? I have 112 now, but no ideas as to where the remaining ones are, no clues, no sidequests, and no area on the map that I haven't seemingly already explored. Just curious how much more time I should dedicate to traversing across places I've already gone when my sensor remains totally quiet.
I don't recall using any outside aid when I was hunting them down... you'll be able to see a lot of them from high vantage points, shrine quests are typically given in obvious places, and the Sheikah Sensor should point you towards any remaining ones while exploring normally.

GFE

Thank you for the feedback about the dragons. I definitely have some work left to do.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE but, is it possible to find all 120 shrines without help? Has anyone done it? I have 112 now, but no ideas as to where the remaining ones are, no clues, no sidequests, and no area on the map that I haven't seemingly already explored. Just curious how much more time I should dedicate to traversing across places I've already gone when my sensor remains totally quiet.

I did find all 120 pretty much without help. When I had 119, I did look to see if I had all the shrine quests and found that I was missing one, so that helped a small bit to give me a basic area to search. However, it's definitely possible. Revisit every village/stable and talk to everyone. Other than that, run around a lot and hope your slate detects something. The final one I was missing was totally unique compared to the others I found, but it was technically in an area I hadn't covered completely. Good luck on your search!

shrine quests are typically given in obvious places

The final one I was missing was not in an obvious place in my opinion.
Curse those 3 Gorons and there hidden hot plates on some random hillside in the Gerudo canyon.

It is the horn he needs for the Champion's Tunic... he'll need two horn shards from each of them to fully upgrade it... but he probably doesn't realise there's different dragon drops as he's only found a tooth so far.

Ah, I couldn't recall what the fang was for, but now I remember that it was for the
120 shrine Wild Armor Set.

Last edited by a moderator:
The final one I was missing was not in an obvious place in my opinion.
Curse those 3 Gorons and there hidden hot plates on some random hillside in the Gerudo canyon.
You can see the hot plates from the cliffside walkways on the opposite side of the canyon... they're not exactly well hidden.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There is another way to farm arrows very very fast!
Warp to the Eventide Shrine and walk a bit around it. Now look in the distance in the water. You'll notice a small circle of rocks with water within. Like a kinda mini lake. Fly over to that part. Use magnesis and pull the treasure chest out of the water. It contains 10 arrows. Now save the game and right after this, load that same file you just saved. The treasure chest respawns and you can pull it up again from the water. Repeat the saving and loading thing. Continue to do this till you got enough arrows.

I'm through with 6 zones (Great Plateau, Dueling Peaks, Hateno, Lanaryu, Lake, and Faron) in my "Get Absolutely Everything on the Zelda Dungeon Interactive Map" playthrough. I've justified all discrepancies on my way except for three treasure chests that are on the map that I cannot find for the life of me. If there's anybody who can explain the chests hidden in the spoiler, I'd be much obliged. Keep in mind I've been pretty meticulous, so we're not talking about DLC chests or bugged chests here, to my knowledge...

1) In Lanaryu, there's supposed to be a chest with a Bow in it (the map says Soldier's Bow, but of course, bows can upgrade based on game progress) somewhere on a flat, grassy area in the back of the area. The chest is northwest of Toto Lake and just south of a little topographical "circle." Can't find it.

2) In Faron, there is a Knight's Shield chest at Rassla Lake I can't find.

3) Very close to the bugged chest that won't pull up with Magnesis at Aris Beach, there is a chest that supposedly contains an Amber on the beach due north of Clarnet Coast. It's nowhere to be found.

How do you kill flying guardians?
Is it even worth killing flying guardians?

I've tried to kill them and just gave up. I can easily walk past them and they don't ever get in the rode. So I don't see the point in killing them. The walkers give the same loot (I think). So how do you kill them? And is there a point in doing so?

I've never attempted to kill one, but I would imagine bomb arrows to the propellers would probably be enough to damage them so you can finish them on the ground. I've only ever seen people take them out with ancient arrows, though, so I'm not sure. They never really give me any problems, and I am rarely spotted by them so I don't really have a need to kill them. And yeah, they drop the same stuff, so the only reason to kill them would be just to kill them.

I've tried to kill them and just gave up. I can easily walk past them and they don't ever get in the rode. So I don't see the point in killing them. The walkers give the same loot (I think). So how do you kill them? And is there a point in doing so?
I only killed them if they were causing a problem for me, or if I just wanted to experiment with killing them.
There are three main ways to kill them that I know of...
1. Parry their laser beam back at them.
2. Shoot them in the 'eye' with an ancient arrow (or whittle them down with regular arrows).
3. Destroy their propellers (a few hits with a regular arrow or a single bomb arrow usually does the trick for each) causing them to drop to the ground, where you can kill them with melee attacks.

I've never attempted to kill one, but I would imagine bomb arrows to the propellers would probably be enough to damage them so you can finish them on the ground. I've only ever seen people take them out with ancient arrows, though, so I'm not sure. They never really give me any problems, and I am rarely spotted by them so I don't really have a need to kill them. And yeah, they drop the same stuff, so the only reason to kill them would be just to kill them.
Thanks. I just avoid them too.

I only killed them if they were causing a problem for me, or if I just wanted to experiment with killing them.
There are three main ways to kill them that I know of...
1. Parry their laser beam back at them.
2. Shoot them in the 'eye' with an ancient arrow (or whittle them down with regular arrows).
3. Destroy their propellers (a few hits with a regular arrow or a single bomb arrow usually does the trick for each) causing them to drop to the ground, where you can kill them with melee attacks.
1. That's hard. I can't even do that for walkers. I know practice makes perfect though.
2. You can stun them with a standard arrow in the eye too but cause they move so much and their eye is so small, this is very very hard to do.
3. I have tried this and it seems to be the best way (though expensive in terms or bomb arrows needed)

Thanks for that.

2. You can stun them with a standard arrow in the eye too but cause they move so much and their eye is so small, this is very very hard to do.
I've found that they usually hold still for long enough just before they fire the laser... it's a little risky as you can easily get hit if you miss the timing, but that's how I tend to deal with them if they're annoying me.
If you can get airborne you can also use the slow motion to make it easier, or if you're quick enough you can try using the stasis rune to hold them in place.

RTW

Easy. Just magnesis one of those bent up metallic boxes that are all over the place right into them, they crash and fall pretty fast.

(Edited to add: But take a picture of one first! You'll need it.)

Easy. Just magnesis one of those bent up metallic boxes that are all over the place right into them, they crash and fall pretty fast.

(Edited to add: But take a picture of one first! You'll need it.)
I think you're thinking of the Guardian Sentries on Death Mountain... I'm pretty sure the question was about Guardian Skywatchers, which are nowhere near that easy to take down.

Korok forest is South left of death mountain big forest north right of hyrule castle.

Hestu will go to korok forest but will appear at stables on the way their getting "lost" or off track till you have found korok forest through the lost woods. Hope that helps.

Someone on another forum talking about the hylian shield mentions that their is a shop in a "Tarry village (sp?)" that will resell you unique weapons and shields that you broke. Does anyone know where that shop and village are as I've been foolishly trying to learn to parry and bloke using the hylian shield on guardian blasts because it looks cool doing it but now it's about to break and I would like to have a new one at least by the time I go back to fight Ganon. It was fun goings to grab it early but I've been a bit silly burning its durability like that so quickly.

Shop is on top of one of the buildings in Tarry Town..stand where you did for the wedding and it is the third building behind you.

What do I do when a korok tree fruit puzzle will not respawn properly?
I have waited for days and days (real time and game time). I have waited for several blood moons. All nothing. I have chopped down the trees and the trees respawned but only with a single fruit on one of the 3 trees. Not the oroginal amount to get the korok seed.

Does this mean that I can't ever get this particular korok seed? ie a bug in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom