• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] BOTW Game Help

GFE

Yeah i feel like the korok locations on the maps are marking where you recieve the see and not where the start of the korok challenge is. Such as the seed races.

Yes, they definitely are. That made finding all the race related ones and flower trails very difficult to find. Some are actually very far away from where you get the "seed" (after Hestu's gift, I'm not convinced any of them are actual seeds). I think it would be best to have each marker on the map placed where the beginning of said seed races and flower trails are, but this would have to be done before you find them since it won't show on the in game map, especially for the flower trails.

True on the seed locations. If you've seen the map that comes with the Official Guide, they use arrow trails for the Korok Seeds that are races and flower trails. It's pretty nice.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Weapon affix text, like "durability up" or "long throw" or "critical hit" sometimes is in white text, but other times is in green text.

Does anyone wine why this is?
Also does this difference mean anything in game?
Of course it makes a difference. Durability Up makes them last longer before breaking. Long Throw makes the distance you can throw the weapon longer, which is especially true for spears. Critical Hit makes the final hit in a combo attack a critical hit. The difference in color denotes how much of these boosts the weapon has. For example, a Blue durability mark is weaker than a Gold durability mark. They're... pretty self-explanatory.

@the8thark Along with what Az said, the icon color also indicates which bonuses will be removed after you put them on display in your house. White icon bonuses will be preserved, while yellow icons will not. Weapons with higher attack bonuses are yellow and will not be kept if you put them in your house. As I have made this mistake, dont put five-shot burst bows in your house. The green text I believe applies to whatever you have equipped. It's the same with armor bonuses.

Of course it makes a difference. Durability Up makes them last longer before breaking. Long Throw makes the distance you can throw the weapon longer, which is especially true for spears. Critical Hit makes the final hit in a combo attack a critical hit. The difference in color denotes how much of these boosts the weapon has. For example, a Blue durability mark is weaker than a Gold durability mark. They're... pretty self-explanatory.
Thanks for the answer it's true but it was not exactly what I was asking.

I was not asking about what the affixes are. I know they are good and have a use. I was asking if, for example, Durability Up (white colour text) is different to Durability Up (green colour text). I am purely focusing on the text colour only here. I am asking about the white vs green texy colour only.

@the8thark Along with what Az said, the icon color also indicates which bonuses will be removed after you put them on display in your house. White icon bonuses will be preserved, while yellow icons will not. Weapons with higher attack bonuses are yellow and will not be kept if you put them in your house. As I have made this mistake, dont put five-shot burst bows in your house. The green text I believe applies to whatever you have equipped. It's the same with armor bonuses.
I've explained the slught confusion between what Az said (all factual though) and what I asked.

But @Satan what's this in your house thing? If you have an item on your wall in your house, you get that displayed item's bonus as you run around in the game? Or does placing an item on your wall strip it of it's affix? If someone could further explain this, I'd be happy as it's not clear in game how this works.

I do know the little arrow just shows the attack bonus or armour bonus relative to what weapon you are currently holding. As in if you are holding a 50 attack weapon, a 60 weapon on the ground would have an arrow up and a 40 would have an arrow down. Because 60 > 50 > 40.

What I am talking about is not the icons next to the affix word. I am talking about the item affix word itself. Some are written with green text, other with white text. I don't think I've seen any yellow text item affixes yet. Not sure if that's to do with the item I have equipped or even why it's not all the same colour text.

If you have an item on your wall in your house, you get that displayed item's bonus as you run around in the game? Or does placing an item on your wall strip it of it's affix?
The latter. If you put an item in your house, some bonuses will removed entirely.

I am talking about the item affix word itself. Some are written with green text, other with white text.
I said the green text has something to do with what you have equipped. The text is green for equipped items and armor only, so I presume it's an indicator of what bonuses are currently being applied or something.

The latter. If you put an item in your house, some bonuses will removed entirely.
That's good to know. So we can just use junk versions of the weapons we want to display.

I said the green text has something to do with what you have equipped. The text is green for equipped items and armor only, so I presume it's an indicator of what bonuses are currently being applied or something.
Thanks for the information. I don't why that's like this in the game but now I know. My mind can be put at ease now.

RTW

I can't upgrade my champion's tunic because
I need a shard of Farosh's tooth. Where the **** do I get that? I thought I was done with those dragons simply to open the shrines at the springs. I have a shard of the Lanayru dragon's tooth (which I got at the castle). I also have that one's claw, not sure what to do with it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I need a shard of Farosh's tooth. Where the **** do I get that? I thought I was done with those dragons simply to open the shrines at the springs. I have a shard of the Lanayru dragon's tooth (which I got at the castle). I also have that one's claw, not sure what to do with it.

It's not a tooth but Horn you should be needing. Go to Riola spring theres a cave towards the back set up a fire wait til dawn and BOOM he spawns right in front of you.

Locations of all three i've found.
Farosh - Lake Hylia, Riola Springs, Gerudo Highland
Dinraal - Eldin Skeleton, Serrene Stables
Naydra - Lanaryu Promenade, Mt Lanaryu

Also if you have gerudo tower just behind it on the mountainside is a cave with a golden bow in it, really handy for close up of dragons to get Horns or fangs

GFE

If you do need its fang (which I know is needed for some upgrades), you have to get close enough to shoot it in the mouth. Farosh is easier to get because he comes right under Floria Bridge in Faron by the Lakeside Stable. I'm not sure how specific it is, but if you jump and use the time slowing effect, it's not too difficult (though it is useful to have some sort of lightning immunity.

If you do need its fang (which I know is needed for some upgrades), you have to get close enough to shoot it in the mouth. Farosh is easier to get because he comes right under Floria Bridge in Faron by the Lakeside Stable. I'm not sure how specific it is, but if you jump and use the time slowing effect, it's not too difficult (though it is useful to have some sort of lightning immunity.
It is the horn he needs for the Champion's Tunic... he'll need two horn shards from each of them to fully upgrade it... but he probably doesn't realise there's different dragon drops as he's only found a tooth so far.

But RTW, the same concept applies for the horns as well... just shoot the dragons in the horn instead of the mouth... but be aware that if you hit them elsewhere they will give you a different item (you can get teeth, horn shards, scales and claws, depending on where you hit them), and you'll have to wait for them to respawn (around midnight if I remember correctly) before they will drop another item.
It's also worth noting that they create an updraft when you're close to them, so you can gain a bit of altitude with the glider and stay airborne for longer while you get into position (but watch out for their elemental attacks)... and I'm guessing you'd already have Revali's Gale, which is handy for getting up to them when they're higher up.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It is the horn he needs for the Champion's Tunic... he'll need two horn shards from each of them to fully upgrade it... but he probably doesn't realise there's different dragon drops as he's only found a tooth so far.

But RTW, the same concept applies for the horns as well... just shoot the dragons in the horn instead of the mouth... but be aware that if you hit them elsewhere they will give you a different item (you can get teeth, horn shards, scales and claws, depending on where you hit them), and you'll have to wait for them to respawn (around midnight if I remember correctly) before they will drop another item.
It's also worth noting that they create an updraft when you're close to them, so you can gain a bit of altitude with the glider and stay airborne for longer while you get into position (but watch out for their elemental attacks)... and I'm guessing you'd already have Revali's Gale, which is handy for getting up to them when they're higher up.

Read the spoiler in my previous post those locations are the best for each dragon as they come Ridiculously close to the ground and even then the airdraft is more than enough to shoot parts.

RTW

Thank you for the feedback about the dragons. I definitely have some work left to do.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE but, is it possible to find all 120 shrines without help? Has anyone done it? I have 112 now, but no ideas as to where the remaining ones are, no clues, no sidequests, and no area on the map that I haven't seemingly already explored. Just curious how much more time I should dedicate to traversing across places I've already gone when my sensor remains totally quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom