• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] BOTW Game Help

RTW

That's the Champion's tunic. It makes you see how much HP an enemy has. Just wear the Champion's Tunic and you're able to see the numbers again.
Aha! Thank you so much! I stopped wearing it long ago when I got other full armor sets and started enhancing them, etc. I figured that it, like the tattered shirt in the beginning, was just meant as a stop-gap outfit till something better came along.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Aha! Thank you so much! I stopped wearing it long ago when I got other full armor sets and started enhancing them, etc. I figured that it, like the tattered shirt in the beginning, was just meant as a stop-gap outfit till something better came along.
I didn't know either it was the champion's tunic making me see the numbers until I figured it out after a while hahahaha! Just upgrade it and you're good to go on your road :)

GFE

I didn't know either it was the champion's tunic making me see the numbers until I figured it out after a while hahahaha! Just upgrade it and you're good to go on your road :)

Yeah, once upgraded, I believe the Champion's tunic is the highest defense for any single piece of armor in the game. I just didn't tend to use it much because I wanted armor set bonuses (except for in pictures and before cutscenes because I want it to look genuine ;)).

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
At the beginning when you first meet the old man and you go to his Cabin and talk to him and he'll give you the warm doublet. If you don't talk to him and return to his cabin later on in the game, you'll find a treasure chest with the warm doublet in it. However if you obtained the warm doublet by talking to him and you return to his cabin later (using the censor looking for treasure), the censor will tell you there's a chest inside the cabin but you'll find nothing.

Do you have to give him a special recipe for him to give you the warm doublet? I was never able to figure out what the recipe was, so I have always had to get the warm doublet from the chest.

GFE

Do you have to give him a special recipe for him to give you the warm doublet? I was never able to figure out what the recipe was, so I have always had to get the warm doublet from the chest.

I think it's the recipe given in his diary in his cabin, but I never actually tried it and just made food for myself with the spicy peppers. Something to do with peppers, meat, and fish if I remember correctly.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I think it's the recipe given in his diary in his cabin, but I never actually tried it and just made food for myself with the spicy peppers. Something to do with peppers, meat, and fish if I remember correctly.

There was a recipe in the diary that lists the ingredients except for one, and I never figured out what the missing ingredient was. I just used the spicy Peppers, like you.

GFE

There was a recipe in the diary that lists the ingredients except for one, and I never figured out what the missing ingredient was. I just used the spicy Peppers, like you.

I assumed the missing ingredient was just fish since it was called "spicy meat and seafood fry." I think I just missed it because it seemed too easy.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To be honest I can't help you with that because I never visited him at his own Cabin. I just walked in to it and found the chest :P

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I assumed the missing ingredient was just fish since it was called "spicy meat and seafood fry." I think I just missed it because it seemed too easy.

To be honest I can't help you with that because I never visited him at his own Cabin. I just walked in to it and found the chest :P

I will admit that I didn't try that hard to figure it out. It is easy to just use spicy peppers, and get the warm doublet later.

Another small one...south of the Lanaryu Tower, in that area with tons of bones, there is one of those big craters that normally you knock a large boulder into to get a Korok. The zeldadungeon map doesn't have a Korok listed for this hole - I was able to check off all the markers in this area having never utilized the hole. There are a few boulders in the area, but the skill required to get one into the hole seems very high for this area. So...Korok and interactive map mistake? Dummy hole? Not a dummy hole, but unique reward?

Also...anybody know how to contact somebody to mention a map mistake? I've realized some chests are marked with different items because depending on game progress, you can get a higher tier (For instance, a Soldier's Bow chest collected after the Divine Beasts are completed might have a Royal Bow in it instead). However, rupee chests should be consistent, and I found one marked on the map as a Purple Rupee, and it's a Silver Rupee.

I know...I'm obsessive...

Weapon affix text, like "durability up" or "long throw" or "critical hit" sometimes is in white text, but other times is in green text.

Does anyone wine why this is?
Also does this difference mean anything in game?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Weapon affix text, like "durability up" or "long throw" or "critical hit" sometimes is in white text, but other times is in green text.

Does anyone wine why this is?
Also does this difference mean anything in game?

I had thought originally it was due to it being better but nope i had a savage lynel bow 3 shot claiming to be better than a 5shot both had +11 attack on them

Also...anybody know how to contact somebody to mention a map mistake? I've realized some chests are marked with different items because depending on game progress, you can get a higher tier (For instance, a Soldier's Bow chest collected after the Divine Beasts are completed might have a Royal Bow in it instead). However, rupee chests should be consistent, and I found one marked on the map as a Purple Rupee, and it's a Silver Rupee.

I know...I'm obsessive...
Looks like Rupee chests also change to a higher amount / tier as you progress as well.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah i feel like the korok locations on the maps are marking where you recieve the see and not where the start of the korok challenge is. Such as the seed races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom