• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] BOTW Game Help

I've read many of the clues, watched YouTube videos etc, but still am not able to beat Thunderblight Ganon. I'm able to get past the first phase sometimes, but take a ton of damage doing it. I only have 7 hearts and probably don't have enough upgrades, but if there are any unusual tips (including armor, recipes, eligers etc) that anyone has, I'd love to hear them. I need to get past this!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've read many of the clues, watched YouTube videos etc, but still am not able to beat Thunderblight Ganon. I'm able to get past the first phase sometimes, but take a ton of damage doing it. I only have 7 hearts and probably don't have enough upgrades, but if there are any unusual tips (including armor, recipes, eligers etc) that anyone has, I'd love to hear them. I need to get past this!
Prepare a lot of heart increase meals. Usually they come out better if you put in multiple kinds of heart-increasing ingredients. I managed to get 23 extra hearts one time with big hearty radish, big hearty truffle, hearty bass, hearty blueshell snail, etc. Some shock resistance might do you some good as well. If you already know how to beat the second phase, then the rest just comes down to your timing.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me

Is Thunderblight Ganon in the Elephant Dungeon?

I found him pretty tough, but did beat him first try (barely) without using any guides.
Firstly, if you're not already, use a single handed sword and a shield rather than a two-handed sword... this gives you more chance of blocking his attacks during the first phase (non-metal weapons are probably a good idea as well).
For the second phase, I found it easiest to use Stasis+ (upgraded to work on enemies) to buy me a few extra seconds to use magnesis on one of the spikes (I was struggling to get the timing without that).

Is Thunderblight Ganon in the Elephant Dungeon?
No... camel.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Hi.
I was trying to tame a single-colored horse, which I heard are tougher to tame. Well, I mounted one, but I don't really understand the soothing minigame that comes up.
Do I just press L repeatedly or hold it? I tried pressing it, but I always ran out of stamina. Do I need more stamina to tame horses like that? I don't have any stamina upgrades yet.

Hi.
I was trying to tame a single-colored horse, which I heard are tougher to tame. Well, I mounted one, but I don't really understand the soothing minigame that comes up.
Do I just press L repeatedly or hold it? I tried pressing it, but I always ran out of stamina. Do I need more stamina to tame horses like that? I don't have any stamina upgrades yet.
Multiple taps to soothe it... the high stamina requirement is basically aa way of restricting the horses you can use early in the game... but you can get around it by using stamina restoring food and elixers.

You have probably already beaten him now, but I'll still throw in my advice. Thunderblight Ganon is probably the hardest boss of the four, but the easiest parry in the game. His speed is his weakness as it give you very easy timing. When he attacks you with the sound effect swish-swish-swish, it gives you the timing to swish-swish-backflip. As others have said having a one handed sword helps so your shield is out on the times you miss the parry.

I got myself a lot of good spears.
Of youre having trouble dodging him I recommend spears and go on the offensive. Dont wait for an opening or try to dodge. Instead, with a spear, use its quick attacks to stagger Thunderblight, this'll open him up for some tough justice.

I tried to be cautious and dodge and parry but constantly being on him with spears really helped turn the tide for me.

I got myself a lot of good spears.
Of youre having trouble dodging him I recommend spears and go on the offensive. Dont wait for an opening or try to dodge. Instead, with a spear, use its quick attacks to stagger Thunderblight, this'll open him up for some tough justice.

I tried to be cautious and dodge and parry but constantly being on him with spears really helped turn the tide for me.
Thanks for all the help everyone. I finally beat him with the help of some extra temporary hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom