• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Spoilers!!! A Certain Mission Within the Realm of A Certain Clan

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Again, *SPOILERS* herein lie spoilers for Breath of the Wild. There are Breath of the Wild spoilers in this thread. Do not read any further if you do not want to be exposed to SPOILERS for the video game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Seriously.

No, seriously.

Still reading? Okay then. Don't say I didn't warn you. Why the serious heck are people complaining about the Gerudo stealth mission infiltrating the Yiga clan?!? I got to it and thought, "Oh crap, I've heard discordant rumblings of this within the interwebs, people hate this." So I get my body ready and go for it then...huh? It was...not bad. I mean, the main criticism is have is that it was too short. Only two rooms to sneak through? Meh, still a fun little distraction. But it sounds like people thought it was too hard? Like, enough that they gave it a hilariously low score on metacritic? Granted, I'm at 14 hearts with an upgraded stasis rune but it was a fine side quest. I mean, I don't think it's a legitimate complaint to say that it was too hard it you simply aren't ready to face the challenge. It's like saying that OoT was too hard because you can't beat the forest temple without getting the bow. Am I missing something or did I just get lucky and have an easy time with the Yiga?

Is it normal for the blademasters to one-hit kill you? When I first attempted it, I had 14 or 15 hearts and almost killed the guy when he landed an attack and just bam, game over. A few retries with the same result. After I left to reassess it, I contemplated using ancient arrows and if it would let me, but I didn't go ahead with that until later. It did work though.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Is it normal for the blademasters to one-hit kill you? When I first attempted it, I had 14 or 15 hearts and almost killed the guy when he landed an attack and just bam, game over. A few retries with the same result. After I left to reassess it, I contemplated using ancient arrows and if it would let me, but I didn't go ahead with that until later. It did work though.

Yes, that is what happened to me as well and I had a ****ton of hearts. I think it was to encourage stealth and not just strong arming it, even though you can if you're good enough at the combat.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I only wish they would just catch you and make you start over rather than put you in a fight where the NPCs cheat and is designed to be all but impossible to win.

I found the infiltration quest easy, despite not having many hearts, but now the stupid Yiga clan won't leave me alone!

I only wish they would just catch you and make you start over rather than put you in a fight where the NPCs cheat and is designed to be all but impossible to win.
It would be illogical for them to just catch you. Given the entire point of the Yiga Clan is to destroy Link, they wouldn't just catch him if they wncountered him. No, they would do everything they could to see him dead.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Ah, so I think maybe I just found a solution that worked well for me. They would totally one-hit me but it wasn't hard to evade them in the first room but in the second room, I merely flew over everyone from above and stasised the door guard, then ran past him with no trouble. I do think it's a good example of how you can take many paths to accomplish a goal in BotW. I think it made people wish the stealth mechanic was more fleshed out but I'm still glad they didn't put too much focus on it.

I found the Yiga stealth mission easy (which is odd because i suck with stealth and hate it).

I didnt get spotted and it was thankfully short.

If we wanna talk crap stealth missions then let's talk about trying to get that twirp Yunobo up Death Mountain. I didnt get spotted, he did! Four ****ing times!!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
True dat, again, I tried the stasis rune but it only lasted three seconds! And tell me, how does a bomb kill those sentries in one hit but it takes fifteen shock arrows?!?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If we wanna talk crap stealth missions then let's talk about trying to get that twirp Yunobo up Death Mountain. I didnt get spotted, he did! Four ****ing times!!
You don't have to do the "stealth" part for that. I left him behind and went ahead and destroyed all the skywatchers with the giant steel boxes they have for you on the cliffs, then I went back and brought Yunobo along so I didn't have to worry about him getting spotted.

On topic, I had slight trouble with the hideout because I didn't see the revolving door the first time in, so I left the room the first time and sneak striked the Yiga dude in front of it. Insta kill. Then I tried to search for any other rooms and got spotted. They DO always one-shot you, and they chase you too because I had gotten spotted once before and tried to fight. I actually almost beat one of them, but there were two of them. This second time there were 5 so I was booking it out of there, but they teleport to cut you off. Really, you're pretty much screwed if they spot you. But I didn't particularly dislike the mission, like others said it was short, Master Khoga is funny, and the animations for when the Yiga guys chase bananas is hilarious.

Last edited:

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Did you know that if you drop bananas on the ground they will monkey on over to it and pick it up? While doing so it is easy for you to sneakstrike them in the back! XD Try it! It's amazing and super hilarious! WHY ARE THEY ADDICTED TO BANANAS!?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Did you know that if you drop bananas on the ground they will monkey on over to it and pick it up? While doing so it is easy for you to sneakstrike them in the back! XD Try it! It's amazing and super hilarious! WHY ARE THEY ADDICTED TO BANANAS!?
That's actually what you're "supposed" to do to get past them lol, but yeah that animation is 10000/10

I love the banana dance. XD And for some reason I run into a lot of these guys in areas where those bananas grow, but maybe it's just me?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm not the biggest fan of stealth segments, but the upgraded stasis rune was very helpful getting me past some of the guards (figured out the bananas, but the stasis rune and using the higher ground was easier, lol). Main issue for me was that it took me a good while to find the exit, because it appeared like a dead end, but on the plus side this allowed me to find more of the other goodies before I actually found the exit, lol.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hated the stealth part. Was caught so many times because the sneakstrike option failed to show up.

The trot over to the bananas that the clansmen do is hilarious as is the boss at the end of the mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom