• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILER] Zelda Breath of the Wild Weapon Discussion

This is a bit arrogant. I for one totally understand and I think the weapons break too easily. I've beaten 2 dungeons and most my **** still hovers around 20-30 because any time I get something good it's gone after not very long. People are allowed to have complaints about a game.
People are allowed to have differences of opinions too. He finds it a game flaw, I find it a decent game mechanic Nothing wrong with that. Does not make either of us wrong. Both sides have legit merits to them.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
People are allowed to have differences of opinions too. He finds it a game flaw, I find it a decent game mechanic Nothing wrong with that. Does not make either of us wrong. Both sides have legit merits to them.

Please mention that in the spoiler topic next time That is a huge spoiler.
Not when you invalidate their opinions by saying they don't understand.

Jamie

OK I've got to ask because it's starting to bug me by why is someone a noob just because they don't play the game your way??
What? Why did you quote me. I never called anyone a noob.

It's like saying I hate BotW because I can't mow grass for rupees. Nothing wrong with feeling like that but it does mean you dislike a game mechanic specifically put in by Nintendo to differetiate it from all other Zelda games. It's kind of like hating BotW for being BotW.

Also I never said "he didn't understand". He just said weapons break too quicky. My reply was basically "that's now Nintendo intentially designed it."
Also he and I disagree on the skyward Swotd shield breaking mechanic. I don't like it, he does. You didn't mention that at all. Just another difference of opinion.

You mentioned Skyward Sword's shields breaking easily. I used my shields extensively in that game and they rarely broke. The only exception was the wooden shield at the beginning. The metal shields you get later in that game are very sturdy. Imo, the shield breaking mechanic was executed perfectly in that game.
I understand that perfectly and still don't like it. To me it just geels out of place in the game because the game is not based on resource management like BotW is. Also getting a new shield takes material farming to get. Anyway shields in SS are totally optional anyway. You don't need them to beat the game. Sure I used the unbreakable shield on the last boss but you can beat it without a shield too.

I get what Aonuma is saying. I don't agree with it. It makes the game more resource management than weapon experimentation. That's not a bad thing at all, just not what Aonuma said it would like.

It's like saying I hate BotW because I can't mow grass for rupees. Nothing wrong with feeling like that but it does mean you dislike a game mechanic specifically put in by Nintendo to differetiate it from all other Zelda games. It's kind of like hating BotW for being BotW.

Also I never said "he didn't understand". He just said weapons break too quicky. My reply was basically "that's now Nintendo intentially designed it."
Also he and I disagree on the skyward Swotd shield breaking mechanic. I don't like it, he does. You didn't mention that at all. Just another difference of opinion.

What? Why did you quote me. I never called anyone a noob.
You didn't call anyone a noob, just like I never said "you don't you understand" or anything similar.

You mentioned Skyward Sword's shields breaking easily. I used my shields extensively in that game and they rarely broke. The only exception was the wooden shield at the beginning. The metal shields you get later in that game are very sturdy. Imo, the shield breaking mechanic was executed perfectly in that game.
I understand that perfectly and still don't like it. To me it just geels out of place in the game because the game is not based on resource management like BotW is. Also getting a new shield takes material farming to get. Anyway shields in SS are totally optional anyway. You don't need them to beat the game. Sure I used the unbreakable shield on the last boss but you can beat it without a shield too. But that's ok differences of opinion are cool :)

I get what Aonuma is saying. I don't agree with it. It makes the game more resource management than weapon experimentation. That's not a bad thing at all, just not what Aonuma said it would like.

Jamie

I understand that perfectly and still don't like it. To me it just geels out of place in the game because the game is not based on resource management like BotW is. Also getting a new shield takes material farming to get. Anyway shields in SS are totally optional anyway. You don't need them to beat the game. Sure I used the unbreakable shield on the last boss but you can beat it without a shield too.

No, you said complainers don't understand. We are allowed to understand and complain. And I don't give a damn why Nintendo put a mechanic into the game. If I don't like the mechanic then it doesn't matter. What if they added a mechanic you hated to differentiate it? You wouldn't complain? Don't write people off as not understanding. That's what you said, and that's how he interpreted it too.

This game is totally about resource management.
The complainers fail to understand this.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Then explore Hyrule Castle and farm EoDs. The tools are there, noobs just don't use them. Champions do, however.
(Going to try this again) I've got to ask becasue its beginning to bug me but why is that if the game isnot played your way their classed as a noob?

No, you said complainers don't understand. We are allowed to understand and complain. And I don't give a damn why Nintendo put a mechanic into the game. If I don't like the mechanic then it doesn't matter. What if they added a mechanic you hated to differentiate it? You wouldn't complain? Don't write people off as not understanding. That's what you said, and that's how he interpreted it too.
I didn't say complainers don't understand at all or anything similar.

I complain enough about Zelda games. If Nintendo or Aonuma did something dumb I do complain about it. I complain a lot about SS and WW.
I don't like the towers in BotW. That's there to differentiate it to BotW. But because I don't like it , doesn't mean it is or is not good. It just means I don't like them.

Jamie

I didn't say complainers don't understand at all or anything similar.

I complain enough about Zelda games. If Nintendo or Aonuma did something dumb I do complain about it. I complain a lot about SS and WW.
I don't like the towers in BotW. That's there to differentiate it to BotW. But because I don't like it , doesn't mean it is or is not good. It just means I don't like them.
Bruh..
This game is totally about resource management.
The complainers fail to understand this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
(Going to try this again) I've got to ask becasue its beginning to bug me but why is that if the game isnot played your way their classed as a noob?
Simply put, crying about muh wepunz braykin when you're repeatedly smashing a bronze tier weapon against what is essentially runite or full dragon doesn't make sense and is exactly what a noob would do. Go get some weapons that deal more damage and stop fighting every little thing that moves if your weapons are so dear to you. There are so many places to see and actually a ton of ways to handle combat - some more effective than others - in all but the most ridiculous scenarios (e.g. the first and second gatehouses in HC are incredibly difficult to escape and the only reliable way is to use an ancient arrow.not even Revali's will consistently save you because those shock arrows + malice = deadly combo).

It's not that I'm some Zelda God (I am but thats besides the point), it's that the game throws so many opportunities at players to the point where any complaint is rendered moot simply by the amount of options available in >90% of situations. And people who cry without understanding or in the face of truth are #noobs pulling #noobmoves.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm going to ignore that response and try to get back on topic. Personally I don't mind the weapon system I think it does get you to think more tactically but it is frustrating to run out of weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom