• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Spoiler - ending question

I just beat the game, and after the credits, Zelda mentions that divine beast Vah Ruta has stopped working.

I gathered that this would be a post-game sidequest.

After the ending had finished, it took me back to the main screen. I clicked on continue, and there was a star next to my file - so far makes sense. And my percentage was on the map now, again makes sense as I beat the game.

But... the "destroy ganon" mission was still listed as incomplete. And the guardians were still attacking me etc. So does this mean that the Vah Ruta thing isn't a sidequest after all?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The game goes back to the last saved file, i.e. right before you defeat Ganon. So that's why the mission is incomplete, and the guardians are still active. This has been the case with all Zeldas (at least the 3D ones), so its nothing that new. I wouldn't say the Vah Ruta thing would be the sidequest, but who knows, maybe. I hope not.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
But if it isn't a sidequest then what is it? Why is it mentioned? Unless it has something to do with dlc? (I didn't do any dlc)

Beats me, man, I have no idea what they're doing with the DLC. Could just be a "where the plot goes from here" sort of thing that shows/movies/games tend to do sometimes. Again, it might be and it might not be.

I doubt mentioning Vah Ruta at the end means anything.

I think its small talk. Its getting back to the life they used to know. Maintenance on the Beasts to ensure stable living and all that.

They could have mentioned any Beast, it wouldnt have mattered. I really wouldnt read anything into it.

Last edited:
I think all of the divine beasts had stopped working due to their champions having moved on, and it seems to me like she just picked Vah Ruta as their first destination as Mipha was the only one of the champions to still have immediate relatives who Zelda knows... so she was probably looking for some sort of familiarity to start re-establishing her life after being trapped for so long.
I think this is more of an insight into the character than anything else... with Ganon gone, she doesn't want to settle down as you might expect of a princess... she wants to continue travelling as a scholar, like she had been 100 years before.

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom