• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILER?] But let's talk about that weird Zelda smile

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
So, your post game, after credits ending includes this for a very short amount of time.
You're welcome.
1feab7852b7049e99f9dfd28224b6eee.png

Yeah... i think i know what youre getting at. The expression falls flat because it looks rather 'off'.

I thought this about a few expressions characters pull, mainly Link.

Link has a derp face when he is out of stamina, i have not seen anyone pull that face when theyve been out of breath.
His expression when he is about to recall a memory looks weird too. More so with the cloak on but it still comes off odd looking without.

Riju has a couple of odd expressions too but Zelda's final smile is that final reminder that we arent in Wind Waker territory.

I think it's a result of the art style, which doesn't lend itself well to detailed characters and expressions. It looks fine for environments and setting, but there's definitely something off about everything when you get a closer view. Really hope this changes in the future.

Plus Zelda herself just has a very strange design in this game. I liked her character and voice just fine, but I thought the hyper-anime-waifu eyes and face structure was a little ridiculous from the beginning.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I think it's a result of the art style, which doesn't lend itself well to detailed characters and expressions. It looks fine for environments and setting, but there's definitely something off about everything when you get a closer view. Really hope this changes in the future.

Plus Zelda herself just has a very strange design in this game. I liked her character and voice just fine, but I thought the hyper-anime-waifu eyes and face structure was a little ridiculous from the beginning.

Oh yes, my friends' and I noticed that as I posted this. It might be because her chin is perfectly round.
We fixed that using the transform tool in illustrator haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom