• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *Spoiler Alert!* Because We All Love Flowers Right

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
For those who haven't played it yet don't read further because this topic contains spoilers

So at a certain point in Lorule you stumble upon this giant bomb flower. You have to pay the owner 200 rupees to use the bomb flower. Now you can't lift it up but have to press the A button to make him follow you. When it gets hit it will explode and you must walk back and make him follow you again. What are your thoughts on this? Do you like this concept? Do you wish they had done more with it because it only appears in one dungeon besides in Lorule's overworld.

I personally liked this concept. It maked it a bit more challenging but they could have done a bit more with it. The idea of having a giant bomb following you is funny. So what are your thoughts?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Its cool but also mildly annoys me. In the fact, whats the point of upgrading your own bombs.

It would be an interesting way to make certain puzzles still be possible, and having the upgraded bombs should have been a shortcut to those few instances in the game that require the giant bomb flower. Seams like a missed opportunity to reward the player for making that choice.

Salem

SICK
It's interesting, but there's a lot of places you can't get to because Lorule is segmented, they could have made a few places you need in Death Mountain and stuff but you can't get there.

Fig

The Altruist
I like usage of the the big/giant flower. I always enjoy watching it follow me. Kinda reminds me of how a penguin waddles. :lol: I like the challenge of to not let get struck accidentally as it means to return to square one. I love the challenge but alas I wish it could either been harder or more used throughout the game.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It was a good challenge, but it also made me wonder what was the point of upgrading my bomb when it didn't really do anything.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's a throwback to the giant bomb that follows you when you purchase it in ALttP. It's only used to blow up the wall on the pyramid to get to the Queen Fairy though.

I'm indifferent to the giant bomb flower. If it wasn't in the game I wouldn't like it any less but the addition doesn't make me like it any more either.
However, I did like its use in Lorule castle in the one other spot in the game you can find it, that was an interesting puzzle. If there were a few more of those in the game that'd be kinda cool

Somehow, I completely avoided the part of the map containing the bomb flower, and I was extremely confused about how to destroy those giant rocks. I assumed that I would eventually get a new item that would destroy them, or that my bombs or hammer would later be able to destroy them. So, the Swamp Palace became the last dungeon that I would visit. It was the one time in the game that I used the hint glasses. I think that because the landscape was so familiar, having played LttP several times, I just didn't notice that I hadn't explored that area.

Anyway, I felt silly once I finally found it. I like the big bomb flower, and it would have been cool to see it used a bit more. Its use in Lorule Castle was pretty fun. It would have been cool in it's own mini game. Something like, bring the big bomb flower through a maze while defending it; reach the final checkpoint and receive a piece of heart.

I like the concept - and the way it looked when following you around was cute! - but I feel like it could have been used more, such as having it appear in other areas of Lorule, or in dungeons other than Lorule Castle. It feels a little odd that you use it to get into the Swamp Palace, only to not have it used anywhere in the actual dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom