• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Split Timeline FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If at the end of OoT Link got sent back to his time then how is their 2 timelines? Wouldn't there only be 1 Link and the so called "adult timeline" games would just be 7 years after the so called "child timeline." If you disagree please take it easy on me, as this is my first forum post and I'm new to the whole timeline thing

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
Well, I would assume they shagged up before he went back through time,
I mean, I would certainly hope so.. After all that..

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Let's try to explain this:

When Link gets sent back in time, he was able to stop Ganondorf from taking over Hyrule. As such, all the things that happened in the future, as in exploring the Sage Temples, Zora Domain freezing, Volvagia's resurection, etc...none of that happened in the Child Timeline, but it still happened in the Adult Timeline. That is what causes the split.

This does mean that there is no descendant of Link in the AT, but if you read the conversation between the King of Red Lions and Jabun in the Second Quest of WW, which is on the AT, you'd see that WW Link has no relation to OoT Link. There's a new family of heroes in the AT.

This is just the basics. I'm not much of a timeline expert, but this here is all pretty much canon. If you want more detail, try looking through the other timeline threads and whatnot. Beware though, there's a lot more detail to all of this than what I've written here.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Link did his whole OoT adventure as it was in the game and whatnot, and then Zelda sent him back in time where he pretty much prevented it all from happening. If that didn't happen, then that would mean Link wouldn't know and then what he did to prevent it wouldn't have happened, meaning it did happen. Basically, that goes on in an endless loop... unless the Zelda Universe splits into two, one in which Link did all his OoT stuff and one in which he just prevented it all from happening by telling Zelda.

So, it is confusing, and I had that thought once too, but the Split is real.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Hero of Time, I suggest that before you post anymore threads that are related to the timeline, you should look at a good handful of the threads that have already been around. Many of your questions posted not only on this thread, but others, can be answered if you would look for the appropriate thread before asking, so I suggest reading up before posting anymore threads, but of course that is your choice and you don't have to listen to me.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I'm not a good theorist myself but I'll say about what I think happened. When Link went back in time, that left no Hero of Time so Ganondorf was able to conquer Hyrule and the Great Flood would start. That's when the WW saga begins. When he stayed, he was able to stop Ganondorf from starting a flood. He would still have descendants in both ways because the Hero of Winds was stated to be desended from OoT Link. ALttP Link was probably desended too because of the inscription on the Pedastal of the Master Sword. If that doesn't change your mind, then time for a little science lesson. The universe would split if a basic action was made. I'm not sure if it would apply to Hyrule but it would split and the events of the AT and CT would happen.

Steve

5/19/13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom