• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Split 2x

geek4887

The Unknown
This is no theory exactly, but more of a speculation. Or, maybe it is a theory, I just probably don't have a LOT of evidence to prove it.
Here it goes. So, there's a split timeline in OoT right? So, is there a possibility that there's also a split in MM? It's not necessarily a split in time, but more of a split in space. As we know, Termina is a parallel of Hyrule. If it's a parallel of Hyrule, then shouldn't it have it's own timeline? Everyone always asks the question "Where does the Four Swords fit in all of this?!" Well what if the Four Swords are the "Master Sword" of Termina. Again, it's just a speculation. Everything has a parallel in Termina. People, places, things, and maybe traditions. So what exactly happens at Termina after Link leaves it? There's no way that time just stopped and no more evil threatened Termina. I mean, it IS a parallel to Hyrule, so why should the evil stop there, if the evil in Hyrule doesn't stop? From Axel's recent article, he talked about how the Ikana is related to the Royal Family in Hyrule as to they're counterparts of each other. So, I think in a way that supports my idea that there is a parallel space, as well as their is a parallel time, in the Zelda Universe. :clap:

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
Four Swords Trilogy Sequel to Majora's Mask?

I've been looking at the forums that past couple of days and I have noticed some interesting theorys of where the Four Swords Trilogy fits into the timeline. There was one particular thread that said that the Four Swords could be the Master Sword of Termina seeing as Termina is parrell to Hyrule. I find this interesting and maybe true. Could this mean that the Four Swords Trilogy could be in between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess? The only problem with the placement here is that I don't think The Minish Cap is set in Termina but what do you guys think?

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
Wow, this can be true! But there is a lot of time between Minish Cap and Four Swords! I don't think that there are two heros at the same time, so Minish Cap can happen, then Twilight Princess, then Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.

I'm sure Termina does have its own timeline and may even have had other evils, but as there are no other games set there it doesn't really matter what else happens there. The Four Sword games are set in Hyrule, so the Four Sword cannot be Termina's counterpart to the master sword.

Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures are set in Hyrule. There are no games set in Termina other than Majora's Mask and there probably won't ever be any more games set in Termina. Link presumably returned to Hyrule after MM and the timeline carrys on from there, the placement of the MC/FS/FSA reamains a mystery.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I think the problem with Four Swords is that the trilogy is also set in Hyrule, rather than Termina. If FSA had been a parallel to the events of LttP it would really explain a lot, including the host of shared elements and more-than-obvious dungeon entrances, positions... an interesting idea but I don't think Termina's where that split starts. There's too much Hyrule involved. If anything I'd have thought the two outcomes of Termina were as crucial to how the timeline splits consequences play out (Termina saved = little crossover/throwbacks to Termina characters; Termina destroyed = evactuated people and variety to flood survivors).

The idea that there's more than one split has been playing on a lot of minds of recent. I like the idea and wonder if the perceived second split would lead out from SS, into LttP's arc. Of course right now that's speculation based on very little, so I'll leave those thoughts out of it. ;)

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
Wow, this can be true! But there is a lot of time between Minish Cap and Four Swords! I don't think that there are two heros at the same time, so Minish Cap can happen, then Twilight Princess, then Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.

That's true with the time between MC and FS but you don't really need MC then FS. We don't know excatly the time difference between MC and FS.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's very unlikely for the FSS to take place in Termina. This is primarily because of FSA.
We see Vaati's back story and rise in TMC, where he is eventually sealed by the Four Sword. We see him escape in FS, and again in FSA, to become a pawn of Ganon. The mention of Ganon is an indication that we are dealing with Hyrule, because Ganon has nothing to gain from Termina; we're not even sure if he's aware of its existence. At any rate, Ganon is involved with Hyrule-based problems in FSA, so it's very likely that it deals with Hyrule, and not Termina.

Secondly, we don't know if the temporal rift through which the Hero of Time got to Termina is still open; it is possible that it can be opened through magic, but the only likely character for that action would be the Happy Mask Salesman. However, he asks the Hero of Time to rush because the portal is closing. Since we don't know of any incidents that imply that anyone ever returned to Termina after it was closed, we can't say with any certainty that it is still open.

It's very unlikely for the FSS to take place in Termina. This is primarily because of FSA.
We see Vaati's back story and rise in TMC, where he is eventually sealed by the Four Sword. We see him escape in FS, and again in FSA, to become a pawn of Ganon. The mention of Ganon is an indication that we are dealing with Hyrule, because Ganon has nothing to gain from Termina; we're not even sure if he's aware of its existence. At any rate, Ganon is involved with Hyrule-based problems in FSA, so it's very likely that it deals with Hyrule, and not Termina.

Secondly, we don't know if the temporal rift through which the Hero of Time got to Termina is still open; it is possible that it can be opened through magic, but the only likely character for that action would be the Happy Mask Salesman. However, he asks the Hero of Time to rush because the portal is closing. Since we don't know of any incidents that imply that anyone ever returned to Termina after it was closed, we can't say with any certainty that it is still open.

Does he?
Not saying your wrong, I just don't remember a specific quote, I always thought he wanted to get out soon because of the moon being about to fall, not that the portal was in danger of collapsing (thought that could be a side effect of the moon crashing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom