• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Spiritual Stones for the Other Tribes of Hyrule

Djinn

and Tonic
I just recently uploaded these back to my deviantart page so I thought I should post them here as well.

Last Summer after making the three Spiritual Stones I decided to try making some more for all the other various tribes of Hyrule. Since not all the tribes have symbols I had to look in other places to figure out just what shape to make them in.

picture1720.th.jpg

First is the Rito Garnet. Since they use the same symbol as the Zora I decided to reuse the Sapphire design.

picture177d.th.jpg

Picori Peridot. I used the clover from the kinstones and I thought another green stone would work.

picture178x.th.jpg

Sheikah Amethyst. I thought an amethyst was perfect for this

picture1820.th.jpg

Gerudo Amber

picture184j.th.jpg

Bulblin Jade. This one was tricky since they have no tribe symbol. I actually used King Bulbo's belt buckle as the base.

picture186n.th.jpg

Twili Obsidian. Also a tribe without a symbol so I used the large image above the entrance to the Twili Palace

picture188m.th.jpg

Moblin Turquoise. Again no symbol, but they did have flags in Wind Waker. So I used the pig snout flags from Forsaken Fortress as the base.

picture1890.th.jpg

Hylian Diamond. I needed to simplify the Hylian crest some like the original three stones and I thought a diamond would be perfect for the Hylians. And I wanted it to be a triangle in shape.

Djinn

and Tonic
These are all so amazing!!! The Bulblin one is great! They are all very great. Did it take you a while to make these?

Thankyou Bigelover88, most of the time was taken up in figuring out just what shape some of them should be. The Picori, Sheikah, and Gerudo ones were obvious enough. But it took a little research before I came up with a design for the others. Plus figuring the appropriate stone to use. I tried to stay away from any stone that ended in -ite.

After that they did not take so long since these are still relatively simple shapes.

Djinn

and Tonic
whoa, these are amazing. i have one (or two) questions: are those real gems and gold or are they fake? if they're real, then how did you get all of those rare gems? o_O

Thank you VembersWind,

Oh the gold is definitely fake.Those parts are made from jewelry clay with gold paint. The gems are a mix of some real stones and fake stones.

The Obsidian and Turquoise stones are real, but the Jade is actually a malachite stone. The Hylian diamond is made of four separate glass pieces. While the Amethyst, Peridot, and Amber are fake store bought gems. The Garnets are clear resin with color dye added made in the same mold I used making the Zora Sapphire.

S

SageOfDawn51

Hey dude, these are awesome! I opened up the thread thinking they would just be drawings, but these are way cooler!

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
awesome sauce as linksbro might say

and my cuccos would go cuckoo for those!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
How'd you make these? I was considering making Know-Knames version of them. . . but great job!

As a suggestion on drilling holes in them, pick a spot that wouldn't be the gem. For example, the Kokiri Emerald could be drilled on the metal section instead. A little cocked to the side, but still hides the bits. Other ones that are more symetric (Bulbin, Gerudo, Twili) could be done by having the drilling go in the sides. Use a chain that goes to the stone but connects to a second chain that actually goes around the neck

How long did these take you by the way.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Will you make moar and sell them? Because I would buy them. Seriously.
But, I really like the necklace idea, I'm sure they wouldn't look that bad with the thing screwed in it... :) They're great!

Wow, you did an incredible job making these look so realistic and well, perfect. You should consider to make on online store to sell them, heck idk about necklaces but id buy these just to have them. Again, great job and keep up the fine work. :)

Djinn

and Tonic
How'd you make these? I was considering making Know-Knames version of them. . . but great job!

I sculpted the gold parts from jewelry clay, then added the stones when they were complete. It's actually not too difficult since the spiritual stones are nromally made as simple shapes and designes.

As a suggestion on drilling holes in them, pick a spot that wouldn't be the gem. For example, the Kokiri Emerald could be drilled on the metal section instead. A little cocked to the side, but still hides the bits. Other ones that are more symetric (Bulbin, Gerudo, Twili) could be done by having the drilling go in the sides. Use a chain that goes to the stone but connects to a second chain that actually goes around the neck

How long did these take you by the way.

I have actually considered gluing a hook or some other piece that a string can be looped through on the top so that is does not dig into the gem. I never really drilled into the gold part because that would cause them to hang off center or lopsided. It just nenevr looked right every time I tried it.

Curing time can take anywhere from a couple hours to almost a day depending on the materials I am using. I can carve, bake and cure the polyclay in just a couple hours, then attack a gem to it. But clear resin takes at least 14 hours to fully harden and cure. It takes even longer when I start out of with a clay gem that I need to mold, then use that mold to cast a clear gem. The mold material also takes about 24 hours to harden but it lasts forever after that is accomplished.

Will you make moar and sell them? Because I would buy them. Seriously.
But, I really like the necklace idea, I'm sure they wouldn't look that bad with the thing screwed in it... :) They're great!

I have never actually considered selling any of them, mostly since these are ones that I invented and no one has ever heard of before. They were mor of a hobby after I made the first three. Plus practicing a little bit with the polyclay.

Great Job! Amazing as always :D . Are you planing to make more?

Thanks, I have not made any more since these but I have thought about making one for the Anouki and Scrubs. Never did think of a gem to use for each though. Or a symbol.

Wow, you did an incredible job making these look so realistic and well, perfect. You should consider to make on online store to sell them, heck idk about necklaces but id buy these just to have them. Again, great job and keep up the fine work. :)

Thanks, I had thought about replicating the initial three stones, and I molded the Kokiri Emerald at one point but never really invested in making too many copies. I was mainly trying to see if it would work as a necklace. I could not think of too many other uses outside of a necklace or something else worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom