• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirited Away

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I have always love the movie Spirited Away! When I saw it I'll admit it was weird (Seeing as I was younger at the time) But now I just cannot get the soundtrack out of my mind! The Masterminds behind this great picture was none other that Studio Ghibli. They made loads of great animations that just have to be seen and then re-seen.

If you are an awesome person and have watched a Studio Ghibli Animation, which was it?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
No Face scared the **** out of me as a kid. Just this black blob of nothing eating all that ****. Eugh.

Anyway, I've seen Spirited Away and Ponyo. That's basically it. My friends have been telling me to watch that Totoro movie or whatever so I might find a way to see that.

There are only three or four Ghibli movies I have yet to see. Spirited Away is a fantastic film and the soundtrack is really good, but my favorite is probably Princess Mononoke. I also really enjoyed My Neighbors the Yamadas and Porco Rosso and Kiki's Delivery Service... and really all of them. The only ones I'm not crazy about would be From Up on Poppy Hill and Whisper of the Heart, but they're still not bad movies. I don't think Ghibli really puts out bad content. Even their short live action film about a kaiju wrecking a model city was awesome.

Last edited:
Spirited Away is great, No Face is awesome in his mutated Shy Guy way...

though if we're talking Ghibli then is has to be Mononoke every time, the night Walker is just awe sinpiring and his other form (the weird monkey faced...thing) is just amazing.

Oh and the Kodamas are so cute =]

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I love Spirited Away. I like Howl's Moving Castle more. I love all Ghibli films though. Never tire of watching them.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
No Face scared the **** out of me as a kid. Just this black blob of nothing eating all that ****. Eugh.

Anyway, I've seen Spirited Away and Ponyo. That's basically it. My friends have been telling me to watch that Totoro movie or whatever so I might find a way to see that.

I cant argue with that! I had trouble functioning normally for a while after seeing what No Face can do! Totoro is good as well, just be aware that it is a japanese film!

There are only three or four Ghibli movies I have yet to see. Spirited Away is a fantastic film and the soundtrack is really good, but my favorite is probably Princess Mononoke. I also really enjoyed My Neighbors the Yamadas and Porco Rosso and Kiki's Delivery Service... and really all of them. The only ones I'm not crazy about would be From Up on Poppy Hill and Whisper of the Heart, but they're still not bad movies. I don't think Ghibli really puts out bad content. Even they're short live action film about a kaiju wrecking a model city was awesome.

I have never seen Princess Mononoke or Porko Russo sadly (I may have seen the latter when I was young, but who really knows?) I do hope to watch them soon though!

though if we're talking Ghibli then is has to be Mononoke every time, the night Walker is just awe sinpiring and his other form (the weird monkey faced...thing) is just amazing.

Oh and the Kodamas are so cute =]

Mutated Shy Guy haha! I agree! He is pretty cool now that I can appreciate him! AgainI have never seen Princess Mononoke, but I REALLY want to.

Djinn

and Tonic

No Face and shy guys are both based off the same mythological creature so yea there are some similarities between them.

I thought it was an interesting movie. I like seeing some mythology in films and the whole modern fairy tale concept is something I like seeing whenever it happens. The twists in this movie were so different from the same tired old Hollywood cliches that I have seen so often before that it was great in that regard.

I cannot say all Ghibli movies are gold, there are a few that are just not that great to me. But overall I do like the studio and what they do. They do an amazing job of bringing mythological fantasy to film. And that is something I do not see very often.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
No Face and shy guys are both based off the same mythological creature so yea there are some similarities between them.

I thought it was an interesting movie. I like seeing some mythology in films and the whole modern fairy tale concept is something I like seeing whenever it happens. The twists in this movie were so different from the same tired old Hollywood cliches that I have seen so often before that it was great in that regard.

I cannot say all Ghibli movies are gold, there are a few that are just not that great to me. But overall I do like the studio and what they do. They do an amazing job of bringing mythological fantasy to film. And that is something I do not see very often.

I have to agree with you there. The work they produce is amazing (even if at first it makes no sense!) My problem with the studio is that I heard that they shut down after the leader left, which is a shame.

Dan

I believe I've only watched Spirited Away so far, although I have been meaning to watch others. The Animation and setting really captivated me most, the first time I watched it I hadn't seen anything quite like it. I haven't watched it in years, would love to see it in HD finally.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I believe I've only watched Spirited Away so far, although I have been meaning to watch others. The Animation and setting really captivated me most, the first time I watched it I hadn't seen anything quite like it. I haven't watched it in years, would love to see it in HD finally.

I would have agreed with you a week ago when I was looking for a copy to watch, though I could only find it as a cassette! Anyways I loved the way the cassette captured the animation! I fully recommend it if you have a cassette player.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Loved it. One of my all time favorite animated films ever. I related very heavily to the character since I was about her age when I watched the movie for the first time and sort of got pulled into the world through her. The mythos/story is just amazing and loved all the other character especially no face (and yes he scared me too).

Reactions: Dan

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Loved it. One of my all time favorite animated films ever. I related very heavily to the character since I was about her age when I watched the movie for the first time and sort of got pulled into the world through her. The mythos/story is just amazing and loved all the other character especially no face (and yes he scared me too).

I was about her age as well. It did add a connection for me.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Studio Ghibli is absolutely fantastic at what they do, amazing animation, they choose amazing stories to tell, pretty much every single one of them feature empowering female characters, and they do a lot of variation, so there's pretty much something for everybody to love.

I would say I have next to all of them in my collection. If there's anything I lack, it's probably not yet released her. And I've watched nearly all of them. My favourites include, but aren't limited to Kiki's Delivery Service, Grave of the Fireflies (yes, it's a tearjerker, but the story is amazing), Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro (always a must after I've watched Grave of the Fireflies), Arietty... so many of them, it's hard to narrow down, or make sure all make it to the list, lol.

Anyone who has a PS3 should also check out "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch", which is a game animated by Studio Ghibli ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom