• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirited Away

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
Heyy :wave: Has anyone here heard of Spirited Away? Even now, I berely understand the storyline, but I'm pretty sure it's about a girl who'se parents turn into pigs and she has to go through twin witches, a stubborn spider-man, and a talking frog, among other challenges. It's the best movie ever!:clap::clap::clap:

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Yeah I've seen it quite a few times. Hayao Miyazaki is a great director and his other movies (Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, The Cat Returns, etc.) are also really good.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I love that movie. I've watched it several times. I think I like Howl's Moving Castle more though. But they are both fantastic. I really want to watch some more Miyazaki films, just have not done so yet.

I've seen Spirited Away, most of Miyazaki's films. I liked both the way the movie was done, and the metaphors in it. I thin the parents turning into pigs was a great metaphor of people being overcome by greed.

I found really interesting how Miyzaki seemed to play on the idea of imagination and reality merged together, or at least that's the feeling I got from it.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
One of my favorite Anime movies I have seen in a long time. I have seen it...I think it's 3 or 4 times by now, since i don't own it. But it was definetly a good movie for me.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Heyy :wave: Has anyone here heard of Spirited Away? Even now, I berely understand the storyline, but I'm pretty sure it's about a girl who'se parents turn into pigs and she has to go through twin witches, a stubborn spider-man, and a talking frog, among other challenges. It's the best movie ever!:clap::clap::clap:

Miyazaki is amazing. This story was amazing. The characters and the world were so brilliantly developed and detailed that it's hard to believe that anybody could have such an incredible imagination.

The story was pretty much showing a spoiled little girl's passage from childhood to adulthood. Not only that, it showed how traditional culture is being lost as history grows and values hold less meaning. It showed both the struggle of people as individuals and as a society. There were many lessons to be learned through the story, some of them having been repeated in other Miyazaki films, especially the parts about humanity's relationship to nature and technology.

This movie was... well, you could say perfect if you wanted to. It's has a story that can either be seen as simple if being viewed by a child or as complex if being viewed by an adult. The artwork pleases people of all ages, and it holds Miyazaki's love for the strong female protagonist, the silent sidekick, and the villain who really isn't all that bad.

F

fallen angel

yea, i love that movie. its been a while since ive watched it...ive got the dvd somewhere.... but i think its awsome all the same :D

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I saw it and thought that it was pretty cool, but I couldn't grasp the storyline at all, and I didn't understand the whole losing your name thing. Princess Monanoke was much better.

P

Paramorefreak

I have it on DVD. I remember catching it on Cartoon Network at some point and just adored the movie. I was at Hastings one day and saw it and immediately bought it. The artwork is breath taking and the storyline was just so...well, amazing.

I love the movie. It's very cute and very well done. It deserved winning its award for sure.

Spirited Away is an amazing Miyazaki film. <3

I remember catching it on Cartoon Network when it was...a Month of Miyazaki, maybe.

If you love Spirited Away, I'm sure you'll love the rest of his films. ^.^

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I've always been of the opinion that Miyazaki is the only person who can make a Zelda movie that does the series justice.

My favorite Miyazaki movie is Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom