• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Spirit Tracks?

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
If this topic has already been posted before, please feel free to merge it, and if it is in the wrong spot, you're welcome to move it!! ^^
Alrighty then, so I had this thought on Spirit Tracks, and I wanted to see what you all think, so here we go!

As far as I know, Spirit Tracks is set over the Great sea. Old Hyrule drowned and Link and Tetra founded the new kingdom. But, in Spirit Tracks, the only water is in the Ocean realm and around the edges of the Forest realm. This new Hyrule can’t be set on an island, because it is much too big. So, where did all this land come from?

Another problem of mine is the Tower of Spirits and the Spirit Tracks. If the tower and the rails have been there ‘since the beginning,’ wouldn’t they have made an appearance in The Wind Waker?

But, what if this isn’t true? What if the Great Sea drained away, leaving Hyrule Field as the land? Leaving the islands as mountains, and leaving the fields that surround it as the Spirit tracks overworld? I don’t know about you guys, but I certainly didn’t see any railway lines or great big towers at Hyrule Castle in The Wind Waker. Therefore, the tower and rails can’t have been there for ‘all eternity’.

Yes, I know that Nintendo was trying to come up with a game for us, but the only bit of connection to the rest of Zelda in the whole game was the references to Tetra and her crew, Niko, the Anouki, the Gorons, the ‘recruit uniform’ and a few enemies. This leaves Spirit Tracks, for me anyway, as a game of its own. Not connected to anything.

This may not be your opinion, but please don’t derep me for this thread. I’m only stating my opinion, and I’m free to believe anyone else.
Discuss. ;)

Master

Upcoming
I always thought that Spirit tracks was a couple of generations after the Events of The Wind Waker . And knowing you saw link leaving again at the end of Wind Waker , which leaded to the events of Phantom Hourglass , and after that Link and Tetra both found new land , and started a new kingdom together . I say that it's a few generations after because the same old story telling Niko is there :P . So that's what i believe happened ... ^^

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
As far as I know, Spirit Tracks is set over the Great sea. Old Hyrule drowned and Link and Tetra founded the new kingdom. But, in Spirit Tracks, the only water is in the Ocean realm and around the edges of the Forest realm. This new Hyrule can’t be set on an island, because it is much too big. So, where did all this land come from?

It's possible that this new Hyrule could be part of a big landmass or in other words a continent. It could also just be part of an island and the rest of it hasn't been shown due to the Hylians not taking that land as their own or possibly because there could be other people aside from the Hylians living there.

Another problem of mine is the Tower of Spirits and the Spirit Tracks. If the tower and the rails have been there ‘since the beginning,’ wouldn’t they have made an appearance in The Wind Waker? But, what if this isn’t true? What if the Great Sea drained away, leaving Hyrule Field as the land? Leaving the islands as mountains, and leaving the fields that surround it as the Spirit tracks overworld? I don’t know about you guys, but I certainly didn’t see any railway lines or great big towers at Hyrule Castle in The Wind Waker. Therefore, the tower and rails can’t have been there for ‘all eternity’.
It's possible that the rails could've been in Hyrule, but maybe they couldn't be seen from the castle. I don't know for sure, but I personally don't think that they were in the old Hyrule. I believe that the two lands are entirely separate and what happens to one doesn't affect the other which would account for why tracks can't be seen in the old Hyrule.

Yes, I know that Nintendo was trying to come up with a game for us, but the only bit of connection to the rest of Zelda in the whole game was the references to Tetra and her crew, Niko, the Anouki, the Gorons, the ‘recruit uniform’ and a few enemies. This leaves Spirit Tracks, for me anyway, as a game of its own. Not connected to anything.
You also forgot to mention two other hints that connect ST to WW and PH: Anjean tells Link and Zelda during the game that she was once friends with Zelda's grandmother Tetra and also Linebeck the Third appears in this game and his grandfather is the Linebeck that appears in PH. And it is connected to those two games (and thus in relation to the others). It is heavily evidenced by the things that you mentioned as well as the couple of things I mentioned.

Last edited:

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
You also forgot to mention two other hints that connect ST to WW and PH: Anjean tells Link and Zelda during the game that she was once friends with Zelda's grandmother Tetra and also Linebeck the Third appears in this game and his grandfather is the Linebeck that appears in PH. And it is connected to those two games (and thus in relation to the others). It is heavily evidenced by the things that you mentioned as well as the couple of things I mentioned.

Oops, sorry! I completely forgot those two... :embarrassed: There are probably more references but I have forgotten...

You have an interesting theory. I can actually agree with that. ;)

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Spirit tracks has the least relevance to any of the other Zelda games. As I understand it, Link and Tetra sailed away from the Great Sea and found a new continent on which they settled.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I thought it was mentioned in game that Tetra sailed up to this land and claimed it as New Hyrule. I was quite sure it was never hinted to be old Hyrule, but some new land beyond the seas that Tetra and Link (and Linebeck) travelled across. Perhaps it's just the impression I got, rather than anything within the game itself, but much like New York isn't built over York, it just seemed natural to me that the land was somewhere other than over old Hyrule.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
There are many possibilities. The land could be more elevated than Old Hyrule and thus spared from the flood. The water may have receded a little (unlikely, as there are some coastal towns that had been around for a while). The one I use is that the Old Hyrule flood was a localized event and didn't affect the land of New Hyrule.

Another problem of mine is the Tower of Spirits and the Spirit Tracks. If the tower and the rails have been there ‘since the beginning,’ wouldn’t they have made an appearance in The Wind Waker?
They had not been there since the beginning, but only after the Spirit War, which only occurred in that land. It would therefore not affect Old Hyrule.

Spirit Tracks is MUCH more connected than many games, like the FSS, OoX, and LoZ/AoL

S

SageOfDawn51

It is known that Spirit Tracks DOESN'T take place over the Great Sea. Link and Tetra found New Hyrule as another land mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom