• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks: DENIED!

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Finally, I didn't get ST today, maybe Tuesday =(
The shop which was supposed to give it didn't get it in time...
I knew it D=

M

macg777

I almost didn't get the game. It got released on the 11th here, and as a tradition, I always run out and get it asap. So I went to the first (well-stocked, always get new releases early) store and to my surprise, I didn't find it there. So I trekked down the street to an electronics store, and to my surprise they didn't have it either. So I had almost given up, but decided to take a tiny detour on my way home to a third store. They didn't have it on the shelves, so I started to wonder if I had gotten the release date wrong and decided to ask the staff about when it would be released. I had to wait in line for about ten minutes because the store was crowded, but finally it was my turn. So I asked him, and he goes like "oh today" and turns around to grab a copy from a pile of games next to a shipping box. Turns out, President Obama had visited from 10th to 11th and because of that, the entire center was on "lockdown" and no delivery vans could come through, so when I inquired around noon, they had only then received the goods and hadn't had time to put it on the shelves yet. Needless to say, my day was saved :)

I do feel bad for those of you who didn't get it - I've experienced the same with another game, and it is very frustrating, so I feel your pain!

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
That happened once when I pre-ordered Metroid Prime 3 and they said it shipped the next day. It wasn't that bad though because the next day was Sunday.

Haxon15

FML
I have a nice little story to tell everyone. As you know, I, and most every other Zelda fan was excited about Spirit Tracks. My friend and I marched into Gamestop promptly at 12:25, during out Lunch Break, and we ask: Do you have a copy of Spirit Tracks? The guy at the counter is nice, and he says, "No, but we should have copies in shortly." So I say, "I'll come back after school." He agrees that it's a good idea. So, I sit through two agonizing periods, and return to Gamestop at about 3:37 PM. I march up to the counter, and ask nicely, "Do you have Spirit Tracks in yet?" And guess what he says to me?! GUESS. He says: "I'm very sorry, but a shipping problem has delayed it till the 9th." I almost died right then and there. And the worst part was trekking home through the cold, with no Spirit Tracks to warm up my shattered soul. And even worse then that is listening to everyone else down here on the Internetz talk about it. THEY ALL HAVE A COPY AND I DON'T.

I just don't think that I'll live till Wednesday. Anyway, did anyone else experience this agonizing pain when you went up to your local game store today? And I'm quite sorry if there is already some unknown information about this, or if there is already a thread. I know that there is one about it being released on the 9th, but that was more about a rumor.. I just thought it fitting to make a thread. Please close it if it's a stupid mistake..
The same thing happened to me with Spirit tracks, and they said the shipping would take 2 to 4 weeks, and I preordered it there! :mad:
So I didnt get it untill the next day at a different store.

Same thing happened with me, Kazumi. For Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (yes, I'm a girl that plays MW2). On the 10th of November, the day of the release, I went into Gamestop at 5 in the morning. Line going from the register to outside the store to the Target next to it. I thought "forget this", so I went to EB Games. Same thing. Game Crazy. Same thing. The GameStop on the other side of town!!! Same thing. Then I randomly thought, "What if they have it at Block Buster?" Turns out they did! I went in, saw some people, at the register and I saw some guy handing them copies of it. So woooot no line going out the store! I was impatiently shaking in line. Then I hade a wierd feeling there would be none left. I thought "Don't jynx yourself, don't jynx yourself." I came up to the line and.... sold the last one to the snotty 10 year old that just left! I screamed and left the store.

Good fight, MW2. You wasted 3 hours of my life.

Anyhow I went back the next shipping day and got one first thing in the morning.

Lucky me!

D

DC295

man something like that happened to me. i didnt get spirit tracks until the day after it came out even though i pre ordered. the guy at gamestop said that they dont usually get it until the next day. so i had to wait a whole extra agonizing day. and to top it off my dad took it away saying that i have to do more work or else he wont give it back.

T

travisback

yeah, i did the same thing for twilight princess at gamestop, looking for it used, but fortunately they had the OoT, and master quest bonus disc for gamecube:)

it was when i first really started to play, aafter i first played wind waker

it was love at first sight, and i beat 3 games that summer lol, WW, Oot, and i finally got TP!

Haxon15

FML
A Tin box feutre link and zelda statues on it. :D 2 quid more than normal edition. worth it.

What about that treasure chest that made the *you got an item* sound whenever you open it that gamestop or wherever they had it? D:

That think was cool. If you dont know what im talking about ill post the video later.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Haxon, that was a press release addition only, and not available to the general public.

Anyways, am STILL waiting for Spirit Tracks to arrive. Ordered it nearly 2 months ago, it came out 16 days ago and theres still no sign of it whatsoever.

Never using Play Asia again, ever.

Z

Zeldafanatic

They had it when I went in. The shelves were full. Sorry for your pain, I couldn't imagine not having it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom