• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks: DENIED!

Kazumi

chagy
I have a nice little story to tell everyone. As you know, I, and most every other Zelda fan was excited about Spirit Tracks. My friend and I marched into Gamestop promptly at 12:25, during out Lunch Break, and we ask: Do you have a copy of Spirit Tracks? The guy at the counter is nice, and he says, "No, but we should have copies in shortly." So I say, "I'll come back after school." He agrees that it's a good idea. So, I sit through two agonizing periods, and return to Gamestop at about 3:37 PM. I march up to the counter, and ask nicely, "Do you have Spirit Tracks in yet?" And guess what he says to me?! GUESS. He says: "I'm very sorry, but a shipping problem has delayed it till the 9th." I almost died right then and there. And the worst part was trekking home through the cold, with no Spirit Tracks to warm up my shattered soul. And even worse then that is listening to everyone else down here on the Internetz talk about it. THEY ALL HAVE A COPY AND I DON'T.

I just don't think that I'll live till Wednesday. Anyway, did anyone else experience this agonizing pain when you went up to your local game store today? And I'm quite sorry if there is already some unknown information about this, or if there is already a thread. I know that there is one about it being released on the 9th, but that was more about a rumor.. I just thought it fitting to make a thread. Please close it if it's a stupid mistake..

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I hear you Kazumi. That kinda thing happened to me once with Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I went over to Wal-Mart on the 14th (when everything told me it was released) and they said they wouldn't have it until the next day! And the worst part was I was waiting for a freaking year for it and finally I thought all my waiting would pay off, but no the internet had to lie to me!

Also I understand your pain of not having Spirit Tracks as well because I don't have it either. It's on my Christmas list and thus I have to wait. And even if it wasn't I don't have enough money to get it.

H

Hero of Limes

That's not very good. Same thing happened to me once, I went to Gamestop the day of release for Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box after waiting about a year and a half for it. Guess what? DENIED!!! They failed to ship it on time! I don't really know who I can trust when buying a game on release date.

octorok74

TETTAC
I did the same thing Kazumi. I went and rushed to my local Gamestop after school, because it was supposed to come out today but they said they don't have it. Are they serious? I've been waiting since April for ST to come out and they think they can go and say the game won't come in til later. They used the word later. How later is later: 1 day, 3 months, 74 agonizing years. The least they could have done was say "sorry for the inconvenience", because I have waited since April for the game. Give me Spirit Tracks or give me death! Not literally of course.

Yes. Some stores aren't releasing the game today because the normal release date for a big game is on tuesdays.

Idiots.

Haha, I'm with all of you guys. Apparently, Gamestop can't sell copies until tomorrow; they told me they were only shipping pre-ordered copies today. Really deflated me for the day, but ah well. I'll be there right after school, and I would hope they don't have an excuse this time.

Same deal happened to me today. I went to Gamestop to get mine because I was thinking Wal Mart would be a lot more crowded. So the guy tells me that it "doesn't come out till tomorrow".... Tells a guy who spends most of his day looking at a release date on a Zelda site that it wasn't coming out today. So, I had to go to Wal Mart and get mine.

Awww :( Oh man, that sucks big kitty paws. If it makes you feel any better, I will get it few days even after you. Your case is still so much more painful since you already went up there thinking it's already yours. :/

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Aww man, that's really bad. Though us europeans/australians/japanese have to wait even longer... but waiting a little longer is nothing compared to having your hopes dashed like that. It's so awful when this happens, I know how you feel. When I went to buy Smash Bros Brawl, they actually had it in.... but they'd put the price up another £5 since they were selling it with a dust cover thing... I asked them if they had any normal ones, but that's all they had in stock, and I didn't have enough money. I agree, trekking home gameless in the cold is not fun at all, after being so close :c

This Spirit Tracks release has been an absolute mess, I just don't know what's gone wrong. But now so many people have been disappointed when they should have been home hugging the game box :\ It's utterly ridiculous, I just hope it doesn't happen over here too o_o

Well, it isn't released here until the 12th, but it's the tin edition, it has been shipped as we speak which i found wierd since it's a bit early o_O But i'm not so fussed about the whole "everyone has it but me" I never look in this section (due to spoilerific titles) but saw this name on the main page :)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, yes, Kaz, I had that same problem. I was up and excited for it to come out today, but when I get to the store to buy it, I find out that it's not out yet. D: And what makes me more upset is the fact that the store I went to already has the booklet for it, but yet it doesn't have the game. :hmm: How sad is that?

I hear you loud and clear Kaz; I hate it when things like this happen. Although I can't get Spirit Tracks until Christmas, I still have my own story like this. I was waiting 3 years for Brisinger to release as Part 3 of the Eragon Series, and I was super excited to go to the midnight release party at my local bookstore. It was summer so I obviously was not thinking straight and we went up to the store expecting the party, but we were a day late.

Best luck in finding and getting the game!

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Beats pre ordering it off play-asia.

This game is now released in all main regions besides Japan, and Play Asia still hasn't even got US ST in.
I'll be lucky to see this game before mid January, even though I preorded it months ago......

A

Avilink777

It sucked by me because when I went to gamestop on the second of dec and they did'nt have it. I read the thing where it says when games come out and it said the second!! Apparently it was a freakin' typo!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom