• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Spirit Medallion Symbol

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I just received the Spirit Medallion and noticed it is in the shape of the Yin Yang, which is spiritual. I'm not sure if this worthy of a thread all of it's own, but I do think I read another thread somewhere on here that was talking about Zelda games being mixed with old legends or myths of real life. Perhaps this can fit in there...

Din Akera

Sniper
I always kinda thought the symbol was supposed to be significant of young and adult, like how the temple is mirrored with all the rooms. I just thought it was the relationship between Link's two forms in the game

I actually never noticed that, but it is true. The medallion does resemble yin and yang.
Spirit Medallion.jpgYin and Yang.jpg

I think the temple signifies childhood and adulthood. At the beginning of the temple you have to be a child in order to get the gauntlets because you need them to move the stone to get to the bosses chamber in adulthood. You have to use both child and adult so you must balance them out like Yin and Yang. I didn't put to much thought in to this, but I hope it makes sense.

Teal

Useful Help.
I actually never noticed that, but it is true. The medallion does resemble yin and yang.
View attachment 14850View attachment 14851

I think the temple signifies childhood and adulthood. At the beginning of the temple you have to be a child in order to get the gauntlets because you need them to move the stone to get to the bosses chamber in adulthood. You have to use both child and adult so you must balance them out like Yin and Yang. I didn't put to much thought in to this, but I hope it makes sense.

That is very neat i kinda realised it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom