• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spin Off Games

Hey guys! I know there is already a similar thread to this, where you can share your top 3 favorite spin off games if they were to happen, but this thread is for more detailed answers. Here you can post ideas about a specific game, and go into detail of how it would work, characters, etc.

My spin off game would be called something along the lines of "Guardians of the Force".
It would be a handheld game for the 3DS.
This game would be, if you hadn't guessed, all about protecting the 3 triforce pieces. There would be 3 seperate rooms for each piece of the triforce.
In room 1 would be Triforce of Power, room 2 would be Triforce of Wisdom and room 3 would be Triforce of Courage.
This game would have the Skyward Sword / Wind Waker graphics, and would involve a Link, Zelda, and Ganon we have never seen before.
The plot of the game would be that Ganondorf is trying to steal the 3 pieces to the triforce, it is your job to protect them.
He sends out evil minions first to try and steal them. You have to fight off all of the evil beings with your items, you get to pick three, and your options are the weapons from Skyward Sword.
Also, the types of enemies would be incorporated from Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.
This game would be played with the same controls as Ocarina of Time.

On the top screen it would show which ever room you are in, and you would be battling off the enemies in that room.
On the bottom screen it would be divided into fourths, three of the mini screens would be, obviously, the rooms holding the triforce. This would give you an idea of how many
enemies are in that room so you could see which room to enter next, you have the ability to switch through rooms by double tapping on the room on the bottom screen.
The fourth screen would monitor Ganondorf, making his way to and through the castle, giving you an idea of how close he is.
You would be able to send out enemies in order to throw him off course.

You could play as Link or Zelda.
My ideas for this game are very basic and simple so far, but I think it would be a fun game.
My main concern is how to make the game longer, because you can only protect the triforces for so long without getting bored, and I don't want it to be a game you complete in 20 minutes.
Any ideas, or comments? Thanks for reading! And leave your ideas below :)

W

windwaker4ever

that seems like it would be a fairly fun game. you should make a few sketches to show us what you are talking about and we could see it in detail, but if a game like that were to be made, i would by it!
i think you could make it longer by adding difficulty to the game as it progresses. you could have a different level for each 3D zelda game, OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS. as you go through levels it would get progressingly harder and feature enemies and items from that specific game, also you would play as the Link or Zelda from that game. sorry, thats all the ideas i have for now, but you have a really good idea! keep adding to it!

that seems like it would be a fairly fun game. you should make a few sketches to show us what you are talking about and we could see it in detail, but if a game like that were to be made, i would by it!
i think you could make it longer by adding difficulty to the game as it progresses. you could have a different level for each 3D zelda game, OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS. as you go through levels it would get progressingly harder and feature enemies and items from that specific game, also you would play as the Link or Zelda from that game. sorry, thats all the ideas i have for now, but you have a really good idea! keep adding to it!

I see what you are saying, and that is actually a really good idea, but this game revolves around Ganondorf attempting to steal the triforce, and ganondorf isn't featured in Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom