• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Spin Attack or Sword Beam

Kylon

Deku scrub
This thread is about special sword Attacks I think it would have been a great power up as long as it wasn't to over powered my personal favorite still stands at the spin attack
Let me know which one you guys would have liked to seen in ocarina of time

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Azure Sage is right, and back to the topic.

I like OoT's sword techniques the way they are. If they had sword beam, it'd be overpowered like in MM, where it could defeat almost any enemy. Think about how easy the final boss would be! I like the spin attack being the only sword technique.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I think the sword beam would make ocarina of time to easy, and plus its a lot funner having to figure out a way to beat the bosses than to rely on the sword beam attack to shoot them from a distance

Big Octo

=^)
Yeah, the Sword Beam would ruin the Challenge, saying that it's easy to heal yourself in that game. I like the Spin Attack, it's pretty good.

Infernape

WASABI! (" L,")
how about a spin beam attack. (the name explains it). ha :lol: idk like to see the spin attack and know we will

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love the Spin Attack. Having a sword beam alongside it wouldn't hurt, either! :xd:

Djinn

and Tonic
I honestly never saw the sword beam as an overpowered attack, mostly because there were a few limitations placed on it. Most of the time it was only possible with the "special" sword of the game, either the Master Sword or the Four sword sometimes. After that the beam is usually weaker than a regular sword attack and you require full hearts to be capable of it. After all these requirements normally most players do not have the sword beams for very long.At least for most players who are reckless enough to be hit once or twice in a dungeon.

The spin attack I almost never use, mostly because of the charge up time that I do not like at all. It typically leaves me vulnerable to attack from enemies while I try charging it up. The only other alternative is to charge it on the far side of a room and then slowly strafe up to the enemy. That really slow pace on the way over to the monster kinds annoys me, so I usually just leave the spin attack behind and use regular attacks which I think are much more reliable. The only time I ever used it was in the early parts of ALTTP when the guards were a little too strong to take on normally and I did not have enough hearts to fight them off. So I would charge up a spin attack and wait for them. Later I discovered throwing pots at them was slightly more effective so I ended up dropping the attack then as well.

N

NoahTheNinNerd

Why not both? Together they make the ULTIMATE attack!
:3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom