• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Start off with ALTTP and LA Speedruns, only try Zelda II speed runs if you are certain you know all you need to know for it. the OOX would be a joint speed run as you don't get the full game unless you do both.

Might be an idea to put yer siggy into a spoiler tag Wazurau, it's bloody massive

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
Start off with ALTTP and LA Speedruns, only try Zelda II speed runs if you are certain you know all you need to know for it. the OOX would be a joint speed run as you don't get the full game unless you do both.

Might be an idea to put yer siggy into a spoiler tag Wazurau, it's bloody massive

just realized that lmao. and yeah I think I'm gonna do LA

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I myself do OoT speedruns. Any of the rest of you guys speedrun any Zelda games?
Thought about it, but nah. I don't think I have what it takes to replay one game tens and hundreds of times, even if I practically have most of the Zelda games memorized (The dungeons and any % parts. Not character names or heart pieces and stuff

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I wish I had the skill for a speedrun, and I respect people who do massively. I just have never really been big on optimizing my gameplay

I used to do Adventure of Link speedruns. AI abuse of shadow/dark Link is basically manditory. I mostly did the 100% category. I'm not good enough to speed run low % the firebird boss in the final palace. I need the few extra hits to get the job done. I didn't submit them anywhere, it was just for my own fun. I didn't get the 1up dolls though. Just all keys, all spells, all heart containers, all magic containers, 8/8/8 and all items required to get them all.

I did abuse glitch town a little but for the most part I didn't.
Also the dark death mountain run, I can do but it requites too much early grinding of XP to do quickly. And you can't skip and of the dungeon treasures. If you do, you can't close the palace.

One category of speedrun I really enjoy watching is the Zelda 1 no sword run. Basically beat either quest in the game with out ever getting any of the three swords in the game. Well beat is technically possible as the aim is to make into the ganon fight at the end and as soon as you enter the room, time stops as you can't beat ganon without one of the three swords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom