• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Speculation on a Topic That's Been Speculated to Death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
We know the story...Ganondorf is part of a race called the gerudos that only have one male born every 100 years. The Zelda fandom has been theorizing and speculating about this until we're blue in the face ever since OoT came out. There are tons of gerudo theory topics in ZD's past, so some of this is likely to be familiar, but I'm posting it anyway. Support it, debunk it, whatever.

Someone awhile back posted that they thought the one male every 100 years is the result of a curse, a punishment. Pretty much, the gerudos angered the gods somehow. I support this, and have thought more into it. I think when the world was young, the gods chose the very first leaders. Everyone was happy with those choices. Everybody except the gerudos, for a reason I havent thought of. Anyway, the gerudos assassinated the leader that the gods had picked for them. The gods cursed them for doing that, so that they will never have a choice in the matter. The curse makes almost all male gerudos die in the womb, the instant they're conceived. Once every 100 years, a male will survive to birth. And of course we know that this male is king. The male that survives must be pure gerudo, he can't be a result of one of the hylian male/gerudo female romantic romps that are hinted at in OoT, these only produce females. So the king must be fathered by the king. Gerudos have longer life spans than hylians, they live for about 100 years.

Yeah. Support, debunk, whatever...

I think you mixed up the theory section with fan-fic. There is no evidence supporting your claim. We know nothing about why it happens or what caused it, a curse is most likely the reason but to make a bold statement with no evidence just proves faulty.

Dragoncat

DarkestLink said:
No. It's just genetics. Nintendo isn't this deep.
Then explain how genetics make a species have only one male every 100 years...

bspurka said:
I think you mixed up the theory section with fan-fic. There is no evidence supporting your claim. We know nothing about why it happens or what caused it, a curse is most likely the reason but to make a bold statement with no evidence just proves faulty.
Note that I said SPECULATION. Speculation = theory with no evidence. Locke said so I think.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Something in the Gerudo genetics blocks off the Y chromosome, making it very hard for it to reach the unborn Gerudo children. Very rarely does the Gerudo Y chromosome get through. This results in the male King of Gerudo. This is a result of a genetic mutation, just as Zora, Gorons, Rito, Kokori, and Koroks are made.

Dragoncat

Something in the Gerudo genetics blocks off the Y chromosome, making it very hard for it to reach the unborn Gerudo children. Very rarely does the Gerudo Y chromosome get through. This results in the male King of Gerudo. This is a result of a genetic mutation, just as Zora, Gorons, Rito, Kokori, and Koroks are made.
Makes a bit of sense up to the point where you mentioned zoras, gorons, etc. Those are other species, not mutations.

If this is the case, why does it happen once every 100 years, instead of randomly? Nothing in nature would be that regular. Look at mutations in the real world. There's no way we can predict when say, a child will be born with down syndrome. It's rare, but it doesnt have a set time when it happens. Where as once every 100 years is a set time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
See, this is an excellent speculation but you have absolutely no grounds to base it on, 'cept maybe Demise's whack-o speech. The fan translation I have nabbed from Demise’s Speech Re-Translated By a Fan just for reference
My hatred… The curse of the Demon Tribe… They shall continuously go on reincarnating until the end of all times.
Do not forget it! I shall repeat it!!
You people shall… You people who possess the blood of the Goddess and the soul of hero shall… forever be unable to escape from this curse!
This hatred and grude… Its evolution shall forever painfully wander across this blood-stained “Dark Sea” along with you lowlifes forever!!
So, I guess you could assume that Demise's dilly dally curse by chance affected (or created, who knows) the Gerudo race, cursing their males to a birth of 100 years? But even that has no actual leads! D:

Note that I said SPECULATION. Speculation = theory with no evidence. Locke said so I think.

A speculation is just a guess with no information provided with it. I am not saying that your speculation is wrong, I am mainly stating that a good theory has a good source of evidence to prove it right. With no evidence to provide it it makes this theory seem more to me like a fan fic.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In the Zelda Theory section we like to encourage users to build up strong arguments that can be discussed. Jumping to conclusions then judging their feasibility isn't in the spirit of theorizing.

~Thread Locke'd~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom