• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Speculation About the Mysterious Jester Character

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
^ I am done with this "debate". :mad:

First, Ghirahim wasn't really naked in his final form, as he explained to Link in Fire Sanctuary, the dark material the covered him was armor. Also, even if he was naked, his "willy" wasn't there because it had to be censored due to the fact there are people under the age of 18 who play these games. Plus, it would've been disturbing if had his willy showing, wouldn't it?
Why are we discussing this, it's not only well off topic but completely irrelevant and just weird.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Second off all, there are male and female angels and demons as confirmed in by the religion I believe in. Yes, I am a religious person. Not only that but I am also very intelligent when it comes to religion, especially when it has to do with Heaven and Hell as well as angels and demons, so I'd suggest not arguing/debating with me there.
All religion and mythologies differ, if we were to debate it, we would be going nowhere because all beliefs differ. What I was trying to get across was that gender isn't a defining factor for any Demon, typically, as they are not of a physical existence.

VitaTempusN92 said:
And finally, just because a character sounds feminine, doesn't mean that the character is female. Majora is supposedly a male villain but he sounds feminine. Falbi is male, he sounds feminine. plus, alot of twisted deranged clown/jester type characters tend to strange and sometimes awkwardly feminine voices. Heck, even Zant had a strange voice and he is not even a clown or a jester.
You're fighting a losing battle here. Yes this villain's gender isn't confirmed but let's look at what we know...

First off, this villain-like-figure has rather female characteristics... her chest area is covered for one plus that argument is completely redundant and irrelevant, let's not discuss that. This villain also sounds very feminine, very similar to a stereotypical witch - I'm thinking of Twinrova when I hear the voice to be honest. Not only do we have feminine appearance and a feminine voice but what seems to be a feminine name. Now I may be wrong as I'm not familiar with Japanese terms and names but the "a" is usually refers to female.

---

I think it's inevitable that this villain is female at this point, I see no clear evidence to suggest that this is a boy/man, unless someone can enlighten me I'm sticking with female until otherwise confirmed.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
First, Ghirahim wasn't really naked in his final form, as he explained to Link in Fire Sanctuary, the dark material the covered him was armor.
This is not correct at all, he says his skin is harder than any armour not that he is covered in armour. The way he looks at the end of SS is his final form and he wears no clothes or armour.

Second off all, there are male and female angels and demons as confirmed in by the religion I believe in. Yes, I am a religious person. Not only that but I am also very intelligent when it comes to religion, especially when it has to do with Heaven and Hell as well as angels and demons, so I'd suggest not arguing/debating with me there.

I seriously don't have a clue what point you are trying to make here. I was saying this new character is female, and possibly a member of the same demon tribe as Ghirahim. So I was never doubting there can be both male and female demons.

And finally, just because a character sounds feminine, doesn't mean that the character is female. Majora is supposedly a male villain but he sounds feminine. Falbi is male, he sounds feminine. plus, alot of twisted deranged clown/jester type characters tend to strange and sometimes awkwardly feminine voices. Heck, even Zant had a strange voice and he is not even a clown or a jester.

Falbi definitely has a guy voice, he sounds a bit dopey but not female. Though manic and high pitched, Zant's voice has a distinctly male sound to it also.
This character is female and has a distinctly witchlike appearance and voice and as far as I'm concerned it's only a matter of time before the game confirms this 'Yuga' to be a lady.

It has been announced that his name is Yuga. and btw (still laughing) Yuga = a Guy (read from the end)
Actually 'Yuga is the name of the enemy in the trailer that turned people into paintings.' No mention of gender yet.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
This is not correct at all, he says his skin is harder than any armour not that he is covered in armour. The way he looks at the end of SS is his final form and he wears no clothes or armour.

I seriously don't have a clue what point you are trying to make here. I was saying this new character is female, and possibly a member of the same demon tribe as Ghirahim. So I was never doubting there can be both male and female demons.

Falbi definitely has a guy voice, he sounds a bit dopey but not female. Though manic and high pitched, Zant's voice has a distinctly male sound to it also.
This character is female and has a distinctly witchlike appearance and voice and as far as I'm concerned it's only a matter of time before the game confirms this 'Yuga' to be a lady.

Actually 'Yuga is the name of the enemy in the trailer that turned people into paintings.' No mention of gender yet.

First off, in Japan, Yuga would be considered a boy's name. Plus, Yuga doesn't have breasts. Also, as I've said, Majora has a very feminine voice and he is supposedly male. Not to mention that Yuga's expressions and actions in the trailer make me think of Ghirahim.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
First off, in Japan, Yuga would be considered a boy's name. Plus, Yuga doesn't have breasts. Also, as I've said, Majora has a very feminine voice and he is supposedly male. Not to mention that Yuga's expressions and actions in the trailer make me think of Ghirahim.

I'd like to actually see a Nintendo source that says Majora is male, just because the fan community generally accepts Majora as male and refers to it as he (myself included) does not mean that is what Nintendo was going for. It is more likely they were just going for a genderless destructive entity.

Yuga is not necessarily what the characters name is going to be in Japan, For instance in Japan, Koloktos from skyward sword is known as Da Iruōma. As far as I know Yuga is the way the characters name will be spelt in English, but not necessarily how it will be spelt in other countries. The localization team get the say on what the character is going to be called in English speaking countries, and to me that name sounds female. If they wanted to make it male sounding it could have probably been Yugo.

VitaTempusN92

I'd like to actually see a Nintendo source that says Majora is male, just because the fan community generally accepts Majora as male and refers to it as he (myself included) does not mean that is what Nintendo was going for. It is more likely they were just going for a genderless destructive entity.

Yuga is not necessarily what the characters name is going to be in Japan, For instance in Japan, Koloktos from skyward sword is known as Da Iruōma. As far as I know Yuga is the way the characters name will be spelt in English, but not necessarily how it will be spelt in other countries. The localization team get the say on what the character is going to be called in English speaking countries, and to me that name sounds female. If they wanted to make it male sounding it could have probably been Yugo.

Well, I did some thinking and it turns out that you may be right about Yuga being a female. However, that doesn't that anyone is right about her being the Lorule version of Ganon. How, you ask? Well, just check this out and think about it:

HyruleLorule
ZeldaHilda
ImpaYuga

NameNumber of Letters
Zelda5
Hilda5
Impa4
Yuga4

I think by now you should at least have an idea of where I am getting at here. As you can probably guess the table listings, I am speculating that Yuga could actually be Lorule's Impa not Ganon. Much like how Hilda is alternative to Zelda, Yuga seems to be alternative to Impa in terms of comparison. Zelda and Impa are close as where it seems that as suggested at the end of the recent trailer, Hilda and Yuga are most likely close in a similar way only except Hilda isn't really evil, she probably just follows Yuga cause:

1) She cares for Yuga much like Zelda does Impa.

2) She feels that she probably doesn't really have much of a choice in her situation.

As for the dark figure in the clouds, that is either Ganon or the true Lorule version of Ganon. I find more likely that the dark figure in the clouds is probably Lorule's Ganon as the quote "A New Evil has Risen" may not just be referring to Yuga but the Giant Dark figure as well since who ever that giant dark figure is, I am very sure that is the main villain of the game as where Yuga is just a follower.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
@Vita

You may be onto something there. Impa has been shown to play an important role so a counterpart could in fact be rather strong, a perfect candidate for a possible villain. Thinking about it, I can see how this would potential play out; Yuga betraying the Royal Family of Lorule and Hilda. However I have a slight suspicion that Yuga may be a similar scenario to Agahnim - Ganon, or his alternate form, simply using Yuga to go behind the lines so to speak.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
who ever that giant dark figure is, I am very sure that is the main villain of the game as where Yuga is just a follower.

I'm pretty certain the main villain will be Yuga, as in he'll/she'll be the one in the spotlight and doing most of the work, much like Aghanim and Ghirahim (more specifically Ghirahim, since he wasn't just an extension of someone else's power).

VitaTempusN92

I'm pretty certain the main villain will be Yuga, as in he'll/she'll be the one in the spotlight and doing most of the work, much like Aghanim and Ghirahim (more specifically Ghirahim, since he wasn't just an extension of someone else's power).

first off, Ghirahim wasn't the main villain SS, Demise was. Also, what makes you think that giant figure in the clouds is Yuga? Plus, with the strong possibility of Yuga being Lorule's Impa, she'll probably just be an assistant of the mysterious giant dark figure who is most likely either Ganon or Lorule's Ganon. It's also not yet confirmed whether or not Lorule's version of Link will make at a least a small role but hopefully a bigger role in a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom