• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Special Secret Boss

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
OK for those who have beaten the 2 doors of Take 'Em All! in Castle town, you enter the last door. You encounter monsters you have beaten before but what is surprising is that you will be battling with the dark entity opposite of Link, Dark Link (or shadow link because he looks more shadow-y) as the boss of the mini-game.

Tell me, Have you beaten him? or have you yet to battle him? What are your thoughts of him being in the game? Do you think he is the ultimate boss or just another boss ? Discuss.

Here are tips on how to beat the game, well at least survive it.

1. Get 2 purple potions
2. Bomb and Arrow Upgrades
3. Have at least 12 hearts.

You will be annoyed with metal chuchus, 3 Big blins, multiple mini=freezards, and you will battle ALL of the bosses you have fought in the game (Byrne not included) then you will fight Dark Link. he is tricky.... he has nearly EVERY weapon you have. and he sometimes mimic your moves.

While "Take 'Em All On" was pretty challenging, I thought Dark Link (or Shadow Link, or whatever) was pretty pathetic. I'm glad they stuck him in there, even just as a side thing, but they certainly should have made him much harder. He was way too slow, which I really dislike, seeing as OoT's Dark Link was extremely fast. That, and most of his attacks were easy to dodge and didn't do a whole lot of damage. I suppose he would've been harder if I hadn't already gotten Lokomo Sword, but still.

Haxon15

FML
Oh oh I heard about this, but ive never made it to him yet.

Does he look like Dark Toon Link in SSB Brawl? I cant find an image or video anywhere! :(

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
i have tried a 3 heart (actually 4 since i entered levels 1 2 and 3) run on this place and.....avoiding damage FROM the bosses are a little tricky. IF you can try this, then post your results, my result is... i Died at the battle with Phytops. Man his tentacles can do damage! and Haxon15, Dark Link looks more "Shadowy" more than "darky" and i don't think it is possible to get to level 3 without the lokomo sword cause YOU get the sword after ya got the bow of light

F

Frufrumccoy

When I was fighting against the Dark/Shadow Link the problem was, I almost didn't notice, if he was hurt by me or not... Was my hit successful or not? How many damages did I to him?
Finally I managed to defet him (used up all my potions and 2 and 1/2 hearts were left for me...) but I didn't enjoy the fight at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I beat skeldrich with one quarter heart left, and no potions. Aren't I lucky? I'm just glad that I could restore my hearts before I battled him.

T

TOONLINK!

Dark link was easy but I got annoyed when he stared used the bombs alot

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Dark Link was extremely easy.
A good tactic is, when he grabs a bomb, SLICE HIM! Your sword will do damage and the bomb will blow up and hurt him too.

Also, when he shoots arrows, run up to him holding your shield up and hit him.

He's really easy.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Dark Link was too easy. I mean, he uses a lot of different moves and a lot of different tactics, but all of them are easy to figure out and easy to avoid. The battlefield was simply too large for him to fight you effectively; there was more than enough room to dodge everything. The bomb was a joke, the arrows weren't a threat at all, the only difficulties in the match came from his erratic movements but his critical points were so obvious. I took 5 hearts trying to figure him out, but once I did, I took no damage for the rest of the fight.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
When I first played his battle, I thought, Oh man. This, could be a problem. But, once I figured out how to hurt him, I got rid of him in about 20 seconds. Now, I can get through that whole Take Em all on without any potions.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I always thought Shadow Link was a mere joke. He has all your items and techniques (he'll do the Hurricane Spin if you have it), but he's simply a joke. His attack pattern is easy to avoid/block and every attack he does except firing arrows leaves a window of opportunity to pwn him. After all, you can throw his bombs back at him and then slash him, then his jump attack is almost impossible to get hit by (if you're not trying to dodge) and you can easily use that to your advantage by slashing him when he lands, his Hurricane Spin (if I remember correctly) is very easy to dodge and leaves him dizzy (an obvious opening).

To top it all off, he does little damage to you at all. Period.

All in all, pathetic boss is pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom