• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

South Park

South Park used to be an epic show. Back in the days of N64, the WWE Attitude era, etc. Those were the Golden Years of my childhood. But now, I never do watch South Park. I rarely catch an episode on and even then I don't hardly watch them. Its just one of those things that kinda faded with the era which it was established in for me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
South Park used to be an epic show. Back in the days of N64, the WWE Attitude era, etc. Those were the Golden Years of my childhood. But now, I never do watch South Park. I rarely catch an episode on and even then I don't hardly watch them. Its just one of those things that kinda faded with the era which it was established in for me.

That's exactly what happens to me nowadays, i prefer watching to other series instead of this one... It's just... it starts to look too dumb and imature to me

I am a large South Park fan, I have never watched an episode that has not made me laugh, It is so funny no matter how offensive it gets. Also Kenny always killing himself was funny and you have to love all the songs that they have sung through out the past, Recently though (Towards the end of last year) didn't the guy that voiced Chef die, I think it is a real Shame, Chef had some really funny parts and even had 1 or 2 songs as well.

I am surprised they have not been sued that many times that they stopped making it. I will always be a fan of South Park. Even our teacher's watch it. On a school trip to Belgium we had spare time and we were filcking through the TV channels in our room and we happened to find an english channel with South Park on :lol:, Just as it was starting our our teacher walked into our room (Since we left the door open) and asked what we were watching, When we said South Park I thought he might want us to turn it off but he just sat down on the end of one of our beds and watched it with us :lol:.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I've seen every episode ever made lol. I LOVE TREY PARKER. one of the funniest men alive. If you want to watch south patk go to www.allsp.com or www.southparkzone.com. Both good.

And someone said they prefer simpsons to family guy and south park. I understand it is possible to prefer the simpsons to south park as they are completely different, but how can you prefer it to family guy? Simpsons used to be good, I admit, but now, all it does is try really hard to be family guy.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
I am just now getting into this show. Never did like it much but when i started staying up late, it was the only thing on. *sigh* In my opinion, they should put better shows
on TV!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Which is ironic, since one of their biggest complaints is that people are too willing to act like sheep and not think for themselves. Its no wonder they sometimes make snide remarks toward their fans.

Yeah it is always funny when the joke gets turned around on fans. You won't see hacks like Stewart or Colbert make jokes at the expense of the fan base since they crave the approval and, essentially, canned laughter they get from their empty headed audiences for the same redundant jokes.

B

Blood Wolf

I used to love South Park, but it sort of faded from me, but I still watch it occasionally to get a laugh or two. =']

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah it is always funny when the joke gets turned around on fans. You won't see hacks like Stewart or Colbert make jokes at the expense of the fan base since they crave the approval and, essentially, canned laughter they get from their empty headed audiences for the same redundant jokes.
Let me just get this straight. Colbert and Stewart, who run politically based comedy shows, which require a moderate amount of outside background knowledge on modern political, social, and worldly events, require less intelligence than South Park? South Park = redundancy. I've watched only three episodes in my entire life, and it consisted of the same swearing, sexual jokes, and radical political views directed at the empty headed fanbase who accept them as gospel.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Please, Colbert and Stewart both rely almost entirely on getting the approval of the clapping seals they call an audience.

Matt and Trey are both far more creative, original and free thinking than those hacks. But seeing as how you've only watched 3 episodes you wouldn't know this. There are many episodes of South Park where the underlying message of the show has gone against what I believe but since they are equal opportunity offenders that is a given.

But I guess as long as you are getting your world view spoon fed to you and not risking challenging anything you hold dear, you are happy laughing on cue to Stewart's simpering little facial expressions and tired jokes. You are still young, you might grow up.

linkman8

True and Noble
Please, Colbert and Stewart both rely almost entirely on getting the approval of the clapping seals they call an audience.

Matt and Trey are both far more creative, original and free thinking than those hacks. But seeing as how you've only watched 3 episodes you wouldn't know this. There are many episodes of South Park where the underlying message of the show has gone against what I believe but since they are equal opportunity offenders that is a given.

But I guess as long as you are getting your world view spoon fed to you and not risking challenging anything you hold dear, you are happy laughing on cue to Stewart's simpering little facial expressions and tired jokes. You are still young, you might grow up.
Oh don't take me wrong. I can't even remember the last time I watched the Colbert Report. Probably a year or more ago. Secondly, I never listen to what Colbert or Stewart says and believe what they're saying. You know why? Because they're comedians. They do what they do for a living, nothing more. The same can't necessarily be said about Matt and Trey, who enjoy spreading their views because they feel they need to.

And yes, I'm afraid I can't form an in-depth opinion of the show partly because I've only seen three episodes. However, on the flip-side, sometimes I feel like 3 is all I ever needed to see. (or wanted to) I saw one that had even the slightest iota of intelligence behind it, and that was the 9/11 episode. I'll give you that. Sure, every once in a while they'll release an episode that takes on the semblance that they have a clue what they're talking about. But then you've got the other two episodes I saw, which consisted entirely of jokes involving fecal matter and sexual innuendos. As if I don't hear enough of those from the undeveloped middle school minds at my school every day.

Ultimately we're arguing a moot point. Arguing opinion is as pointless as arguing religion. No one is swayed, everyone wins and loses at the same time. To be honest, this argument had nothing to do with Colbert to start with; I simply hate South Park. That's a given. If you watch it, that's fine, but I tend to get very testy about that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom