• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Source 2 Leaked, Maybe Left 4 Dead 3?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
A picture is all we have to go on. Click for full-size.

NeoGAF

This was posted in a thread entitled "l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)" The legitimacy of this will no doubt be thrown up, but it's posted by crazy buttocks on a train aka CBOAT on NeoGAF, and he's pretty famous for these kind of leaks and is rarely, if ever, wrong. So take everything with a pinch of salt, naturally, but it's from an extremely trustworthy and reliable source.

The slides for a presentation show, as you can see, Left 4 Dead 2 running on Source 2. It looks like this is a presentation showing off the engine moreso than the game, as the last slide down we can see them discussing tools and more engine things rather than the game itself but this is our first look at it. And it sure looks pretty. Perhaps Valve will finally count to 3 and we could be seeing Left 4 Dead 3 too, as CBOAT mused? yesplz

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
That means it will a long time before we see Half-Life 3, or any "3" game form Valve because JUST NOW they are working on Source 2.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The source 2 engine is revealed, and demoed using L4D2. 2/2=1 4-1=3 Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Seriously though, with Source 2 engine, I'm pretty sure HL3 will be released. It makes sense. Half-Life was ran on quake engine. HL2 was run on source engine. This must mean that HL3 will be ran on their next engine, Source 2!

Half-Life 3! Confirmed!
Well that has to mean...

Fallout 4 confirmed!

Fig

The Altruist
I may not be a huge PC Gamer, but this piece of new does sound rather interesting. I'm very certain that the quality of games using the engine would be more efficient than the preceeding engine. All in all I am expecting great things from the new engine that is Source 2! Hopefully we can see Team Fortress 3 in the distant future! :3

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well that has to mean...

Fallout 4 confirmed!

sg017lt.gif

Can't fault that logic! :P

Big Octo

=^)
This strikes me fancy very much so. It's about time Valve gets on track to making a "3" for their flagship IPs. :bleh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom