• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sounds you dislike?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hear some people say they hate the sound of chalk or nails on a blackboard. It's not a sound everyone has a problem with, in fact I actually quite like running my nails down a blackboard. But I was wondering if there is any sounds the forum dwellers really dislike?

Misty

Ronin
- Any and all beeping. Drives me absolutely mental. Dishwashers, microwaves, alarm clocks, even phones.
- Foot Tapping. There is never a good reason to be tapping your foot.
- Humming. Cut it out Shirley Temple.
- Dryers & Washers. I can tolerate this, but I would rather not.
- Most generic background music.

Brian Frost

JPEG DEATH
The sound of sports fans cheering/booing. I really can't believe it. I can't even imagine the need to commit group sonic suicide because your team got a touchdown or whatever. Go find something else to be happy about.
The sound in StarCraft 2 that says "YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS"

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Styrofoam. Ugh...
YES
OMG

When Styrofoam rubs against something else, the sound it makes it's extremely painful to me and my body reacts uncontrollably in reflex to the pain and I freak out. When I just look at Styrofoam, the memory of the pain that the sound causes will usually make me shudder and I have to look away and tell everybody not to touch it.

Honestly, while I was writing this, I shuddered a couple times just thinking about it o3o

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I hear some people say they hate the sound of chalk or nails on a blackboard. It's not a sound everyone has a problem with, in fact I actually quite like running my nails down a blackboard. But I was wondering if there is any sounds the forum dwellers really dislike?
The sound of this doesn't bother me. It's the feeling. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The sound of sports fans cheering/booing. I really can't believe it. I can't even imagine the need to commit group sonic suicide because your team got a touchdown or whatever. Go find something else to be happy about.
The sound in StarCraft 2 that says "YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS"
Why do people like what I don't like???

Keaton

the Ghost Fox
YES
OMG

When Styrofoam rubs against something else, the sound it makes it's extremely painful to me and my body reacts uncontrollably in reflex to the pain and I freak out. When I just look at Styrofoam, the memory of the pain that the sound causes will usually make me shudder and I have to look away and tell everybody not to touch it.

Honestly, while I was writing this, I shuddered a couple times just thinking about it o3o
I get this exact same feeling from when people scratch those lenticular hologram things that look different from different angles. People usually have them as bookmarks and stuff, and Nintendo sold MM games for the N64 with them on it. Just so happens that's the copy i have so I have to be very careful not to touch the front of the game when i want to play it lmfao. Here's the best example I could find of what they look like if some don't know what I'm talking about
sprite-lenticular-small-75541.jpg
god it gives me chills just thinking about it >_< hate it

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I loath the sound of a fork on a plate. But what I can't stand either is the sound of screaming girls. It makes me want to pull out my hair. I get it, you're hurt or scared and scream but please ducttape your mouth please. Oh and add these stupid fake daisy duck laughs in the mix too!

Reactions: Dio

Dan

• Teeth being scraped on wood
  • Kiss FM
  • Wine being poured into a cup
  • Sunny D girls
  • Polopackers
  • Generic phone alarms
  • Daisy ("HI I'M DAISY")
  • Tara Strong
  • Samsung galaxy device sounds
  • Babies
  • People that make orgasm noises after drinking a cup of tea (wtf man seriously I know you're British but tea should not result in such a noise)
  • Girls that have a smelly voice
  • North England accents
  • Guard tower from Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn
  • Drake
  • Heavy breathing
  • Squeakers
  • Popping noises
  • Stoner voices
  • Old people's voices
  • Angry chavs
  • Cracking of bones, just stop it, it's not cool m8
  • Car revving