• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Soulless

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Got a new story for ya'll to read. No I'm not ditching the others, I'm just writing several at one time. :bleh:

Soulless

Chapter one: Odd Occurence

The bell rang and Abigale, who was now sixteen and a sophomore in high school, put her things gently into her satchel. Recently she’d discovered a tear in her bag which made her believe that if the contents were too heavy she’d break it. So she carefully watched her bag to make sure it wasn’t going to break. Knowing it was safe now she slung the bag over her shoulder, pushing her long brown hair to the side, and headed off to her next class.

On her way she saw the many students that usually passed the halls and wondered into the class rooms just as she did. Abigale wore regular clothes like everyone else; jeans, a t-shirt and some sneakers. It was after lunch time and that meant that this was her last class she’d have to go to today.

Abigale headed off to her math class, her favorite class. You’d think it was because it was the last class, but she enjoyed math very much. Her math teacher wasn’t like the others. He made things enjoyable, and helped her remember things in that class.

As she was walking down the hall way she felt something at her shin. But it was too late. She fell face forward onto the floor. There were kids laughing behind her and she instantly knew what had happened.

“Ha, you really fell for that one!” Abigale heard one of the boys say.

Abigale got up from the ground, making sure that her bag wasn’t torn. When she made sure it was intact she stood up to face her perpetrators.

“Very funny, but I have a class to get to,” Abigale said.

“Hold on there missy, we’re not done yet.”

One of the boys grabbed her arm and held her back.

“Let go!”

“Now now, no use fussing. We only wanted to talk to ya.”

“What do you want?” Abigale asked.

The boy who had held onto her let go and Abigale straightened out.

“Listen, we know you gotta get to class, but we were sent on a mission by some guy.”

“Who?” Abigale asked, angered that they wouldn’t just let her go to class.

“We don’t know, but he wants to know if you know anybody by the name of Aren.”

“No, now can I go?”

“Sure, just don’t fall over again.”

The other boys laughed at this and she rolled her eyes walking away. Those boys were stupid and immature, but why would they ask something like that? It was a stupid question and they just did it to delay her. As soon as she got to her classroom though she found that her teacher was the one running late. She sighed with relief and sat down in one of the empty seats.

The other kids were doing as they pleased, considering the teacher wasn’t around and wasn’t going to shut them up. Abigale just sat there though, patiently waiting for the teacher to come to the class and start it. After ten minutes passed only she started to get worried, and she was about to get up when the principal walked in. The man with rounded glasses and surprisingly still dark hair straightened his necktie nervously and looked about.

“I’m sorry class, but Mr. Bend wont make it today. Something has happened and he phoned in that he had to skip. So we have cancelled math class for today, please retrieve your things and go home if you need to.”

Before anyone could ask questions the principal left the room and everyone was left to puzzle it out themselves. Abigale was very worried, and wondered what happened to Mr. Bend. However everyone else didn’t seem too annoyed and packed up their stuff to leave. It was an empty classroom within five minutes, leaving only Abigale to sit there and try to work out the puzzle. She couldn’t think of anything that might’ve happened, and as far as she knew he was unmarried and without children.

Abigale was interrupted in her thoughts by a touch on the shoulder, to which she leapt into the air and turned to fight whoever was in the room. It was the gang of boys from earlier, at first they looked confused by her sudden outburst, then they started laughing. Abigale took her bag roughly, forgetting about the tear but surprisingly it survived anyway, and started to storm out of the room when they stopped her.

“Hey, we’re sorry about earlier,” The leader of their gang said.

“What do you want?” Abigale asked, not caring about their apologies.

“We wanted to warn ya about earlier.” Abigale looked interested but confused, although the boy continued to explain. “Earlier when we was sent by some guy about the name thing, we knew there was somethin’ suspicious about him. He had this creepy feelin’ ya know? Anyway, we want ya to watch out for him, don’t listen to creepy guys okay? He wasn’t safe.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because we care about your safety, we don’t want nothin’ to happen to ya.”

“I don’t think I’ll believe you on that, but I’ll do what you ask and watch out for ‘creepy guys’.”

“Thanks Abby, we just don’t want ya to get hurt.”

“Yeah, well I’m leaving now.”

The angered Abigale left the room, not looking back but kept going forward until she got to the exit. She ignored everyone around her as her rage stayed in place and was unmovable. As soon as she got outside she started in the direction of her house and focused only on getting home and resting. Today was a bad day for her, and all she wanted was a good nap.

Abigale was oblivious to the outside world as she only wanted to get home. Although she was never even near to being hit be a car, she did cross at the wrong time once. When she got home she went straight to her room where she pulled off her bag and tossed it on the ground, obviously no longer caring about its delicateness anymore. Then she hopped onto her bed and kicked off her shoes, enjoying the comfortable bed that she had and closing her eyes with satisfaction.

However Abigale was unable to sleep, as she thought about what the boys had said. They said they were sent by some guy to know if she knew an Aren. They also said to watch out for the guy who set them, like she’d know who the guy was anyway. They were pretty stupid, and they didn’t even describe the strange man to her so she could watch out. Abigale just shrugged; it was pointless to make any sense out whatever they did.

When she opened her eyes the light reflected beautifully off the emerald green color and made her face shine with happiness. All her anger had subsided and now she was bored, so she rose and looked about her messy room. There was no homework for her to do, and she had no friends to hang out with right now. Today would have to be the same old boring day that was for Abigale O’Herra.

Ultimately bored and determined to find something to do Abigale shot up and went to the main room of the house, where she found her father watching the news on the television, and could hear her mother singing softly to herself in the next room, meaning she was cooking dinner.
Abigale decided that since her parents weren’t doing anything she might as well take a walk, and went for the door.

“I’m going for a walk,” Abigale said to whoever was listening.

“Alright,” Her mother replied. “But be back soon for dinner.”

“Will do.”

Now Abigale took off outside and began her walk along the sidewalk. Her neighbors were old people and they wouldn’t be outside on a day like this, as the clouds gathered in the sky and the wind picked up.
Abigale would be alone on this walk as no one in their right mind would think it was a nice day to go out. That was mostly why she’d picked her activity as taking a walk, because she wouldn’t meet anyone along the way. However she was proven wrong as she neared the end of her block and saw a figure wearing a dark cloak. At first she thought about the warning from the boys at school and thought it best to just pass him by. But then her curiosity overcame her, and she wanted to know who it was.

As Abigale neared the man she took some sense and decided to just pass him; she feared something bad happening. Once she was within two feet she felt strange, like a pull towards the figure and she wanted to be close to him. But Abigale overcame that with much trouble, slowly walking passed the figure as he stood there unmoving.

When she no longer felt a desire to be near him she let out a sigh and looked back. The figure had gone, and there was no trace of his existence there anywhere. Abigale turned forward and shook her head. That was a very odd occurrence.

She had no watch with her but Abigale could tell what time it was by looking at the sun, or at least make a good guess. When she knew it had been at least ten minutes since she was gone she decided to turn back for fear of worrying her mother. When she came to the end of her block where she had met the cloaked figure there was still no sign of him, and the pull feeling wasn’t there either when she stepped on the exact same spot he had been before. Abigale decided to shrug it off and keep it a secret, and when she got home dinner was just coming out of the oven.

“Perfect timing dear!” Her mother said joyfully, taking the turkey out.

Her mother had short red hair, all curled up in an old fashion. Her mother was always old fashioned with everything, although their house was more modern in décor because of Abigale’s father’s taste. Abigale’s father had short dark hair and he wore glasses, which actually made him look younger than he was.

“This looks great,” Abigale’s father said smiling.

“Thank you,” Her mother replied, serving the plates.

Abigale ate gratefully and thanked her mother for the meal. She wasn’t in the mood to talk very much, Abigale wanted to figure out the mystery of the cloaked figure. However she was snapped back into reality as she was piecing the puzzle together, as her mother was addressing her in the conversation.

“Is that alright Abigale?”

“Huh? What?”

“Your cousins are coming to visit tomorrow so tonight I wanted you to make some room for them with me. Is that okay?”

“Oh yeah, that’s fine.” Abigale replied, not actually caring what her mother wanted her to do.

“Are you okay dear?”

“Oh yeah, it’s just school was a little weird today.”

“What happened?” Her father asked, now paying attention away from the news.

“Oh uh, Mr. Bend wasn’t able to make it today for some reason, they didn’t tell us.”

“Oh,” Her mother replied a little confused but not taking the matter any further.

Abigale quickly finished her food so she could get to work on making space for her cousins. She had a few cousins, about ten but they probably all weren’t coming to stay. Once she was done Abigale took off to her room where she started cleaning her mess, and making space for whoever might be staying in there. She knew for sure her mother would pair her up with some of her cousins; her mother was always efficient with space.

“Good,” Abigale heard her mother say from the doorway. “I’ll get to work on this other room then.”

Abigale simply smiled at her mother and continued her work. After having things put away, although she was unable to find room for some things and so she put those things under her bed, she hopped onto her bed and sat there staring at the floor.

Abigale could hear her mother working in the next room, and decided not to go in because her mother would do a better job than her anyway. Plus this gave her time to think about the cloaked figure. And why would she be so attracted to the figure to want to be right next to him? What was that?
Abigale lost herself in thought and didn’t see her mother come in. However she snapped back to reality once more when her mother spoke.

“I’ve finished the other room,” Her mother started. “The boys can sleep in there and the girls can sleep in here. Anyone else leftover can sleep on the ouches I guess.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Abigale replied.

“Good. Not all of your cousins are coming by the way, only the five that are your age.”

“Ha, yeah I didn’t think the college aged ones or the toddlers would be staying.”

Her mother laughed at that too and smiled brightly at her daughter. “Than kyou for being a good sport dear. And since there’s no school tomorrow will you help me make a breakfast for when they come?”

“Sure, I’ve got nothing better to do.”

“Thank you.”

Abigale’s mother left after giving her a kiss on the forehead. She then turned out the lights on her way out and left Abigale to her thoughts once more. However Abigale just called it a day and decided not to worry about the cloaked figure unless he showed up again, and fell asleep instantly.

Thanks for reading.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I wonder who that cloaked figure was, I really do. This brings sensations from past stories, Rainy, but maybe I am wrong. Didn't you write something like this before? Is this a remake or totally new? Just wondering. This was good, but at the end there are some typos when her mother was thanking her. Anyway, keep the chapters coming, Chicharita. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom