• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sony Is Clearly Dying for Zelda

I agree with this. Even if you do believe that the game is a carbon copy of Zelda, what difference does it make? If you're throughly disgusted with Sony, that's all well and good, but I don't see how complaining about it will do anything. Also, isn't it a good thing if it's like Zelda? Given that the vast majority of the people here like Zelda, why wouldn't we want to play a game like it? If I had a PS3 I'd go out and get this in a second. I don't understand supporting one console over another. I just like games, plain and simple.

Beyond this (and this may have been said before, I don't have the patience to check the entire thread), all we've seen of the game are trailers. The actual game hasn't been released yet. Therefore, any assumptions we're making are just that, assumptions. Until one of us picks up the game, we can't say for sure just what it's like.
This.

Wait, what? How the hell does God of War share similarities Zelda? In one you're a man in a dress swinging a weapon forged by the gods using magic and fighting great monsters, and the other is Zelda. But anyway, theres really no common elements between the two beyond a vague fantasy storyline, and even then Kratos is doing it so he can cause the end of the world, not prevent it.
I don't think the reference has to do with storyline or concept, but rather gameplay. Either way, I think the connection he's drawing is more related to Darksiders. Darksiders borrows primarily from Zelda, yes, but also from two other games, those being God of War (combat is very similar) and Portal (you can use an item like the Portal Gun). ;)

I don't really see this as a parody. A parody is usually with the intent of poking fun at something, this is more of an homage if you ask me.
Agreed. That's a complete misuse of the term parody, unless someone expects 3D Dot Game Heroes to be an actual parody, but there's nothing in trailers or anything to suggest that.

It's not a homage based on opinion, it's defined as a homage by it's actual CREATORS. There is nothing to debate, really, not on "homage" vs. "ripoff" anyway.

Word Axle, plus, what would they have to do to get those people to consider it an homage? No matter what they did it would probably get complained about.

I

Indigo_dingo

I don't really see this as a parody. A parody is usually with the intent of poking fun at something, this is more of an homage if you ask me.
The phrase homage itself doesn't really work if it elicits laughter from you. Given thats mainly the response to the trailers people keep having.....

The phrase homage itself doesn't really work if it elicits laughter from you. Given thats mainly the response to the trailers people keep having.....
That's... not true. It's not automatically a parody if it's found funny. It's a parody if it's intended as a comedic spoof on something. 3D Dot Game Heroes has humor in it, I can see that from dialogue pieces I saw in screenshots recently, but it's nothing that Zelda itself has not done. It's not a parody in that case.

A homage is still a homage. Especially if it mimics the humor in the thing it pays homage to. This game was called a homage by it's own creators. Arguing it's something else is useless, because such an argument is blatantly incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom