• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sony Is Clearly Dying for Zelda

if nintendo ever decide to pass themselves down as 3rd party developers, the first thing sony would do (if theyre still in the gaming industry when and if that happens) would be to beg nintendo for zelda games to be exclusives on playstation.

why do i know this?

well lets start with darksiders (i know its also on the 360): THQ have been making and talking **** since the nes, they made very few okayish games but personally i think theyre games suck. then they bring darksiders, ooh this game looks great. i love this original idea ofgoing around in dungeons, getting a dungeon map then getting an item. for some reason i somewhat remember this "original" idea from somewhere. umm ZELDA???
yh darksiders is a complete ripoff of the 3d zeldas, just has better graphics which i dont care about most of the time. and it ends up on the ps3, right it did go on the 360 as well so sony havent taken the spotlight here yet.

secondly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZoeobLzBv8&feature=player_embedded#at=29

wow... are they admitting that the theme kicks so much *** they risked using it? are they even attempting to hide their jealousy from nintendo. anyway from what i heard (dont know if this is true) but sony blamed one of their workers and just fired him to save their own ***, these suckers put their necks on the line just so that amazing theme can be played in their conferrence.

at this point youre thinking, okay so what they like the theme and they got a rip off which they didnt exactly make themselves, so im wrong arent i?

well heres the cherry on the ****cake, the absolute, biggest, worthless rip off of the legend of zelda EVER. and no its not on xbox as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFYEtj2tDw

watched it? yeah...thats what i thought as well...

similar overworld layout
shameless ripped off theme
you collect 'the orbs of protection' i.e pieces of the triforce

just wow...

only difference is that your sword is about 30 times the sizze of link i mean the character.
i gues that suits most (not all) playstation players who dont care about gameplay, challenge or whatever, they just wanna bash buttons and watch people die without using any skill.

nintendo, release zelda wii and show these jealous idiotic thieves how its done, thank you :)
if you sue them that would be almost as good.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I laughed when I heard the Zelda theme with Sony. I don't think Nintendo would want to share something so Nintendoey with Sony. I don't think it would be good for them.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
that 3d dot game looks amazing does anyone know if it is coming out for anything else except ps3. And think you are right about how playstation wants zelda

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
This game actually make me want a PS3. And I never thought I'd say that. But still, surely it cuts it a little too close with the Cucco Revenge Squad I see there. Ah well, I'd be happy if only they put somewhere in the Manual where they drew inspiration from. Then there won't be hordes of no0bs claiming Zelda is ripping off it.
But indeed, it is curious how there've been a couple of Zelda-style adventure games for Sony consoles lately.... hmmm what's their motive...

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Woah, the PS3 game thing... clearly a copy from Zelda!

- Six sages protecting six orbs (well, I think they copied it from OOT, you know... five sages and five medallions, six sages and six oirbs, makes sense).
- The houses, the people and the trees look very similar to the houses, people and trees from 2D games, like OOA (mmm...).
- What about the thingat 0:44? It is in a desert (apparently) and it reminds me of the Gerudo Fortress.
- The guy at 0:59-1:00 who summons the (monsters?)... I think I've seen it in Zelda, or at least it reminds me of it.
- 1:05, hello Master Sword! 1:08, oh no, now the Master Sword is in the air, and the guy is 'grabbing' it! (I don't know... maybe when Link opens a chest something similar happens...)
- 1:14-1:15, the guy is killing enemies (I think he is thrwoing beams with his sword, though I'm not sure).
- 1:16-1:19, well, a dungeon (?), a chest and a boomerang...
- 1:25, see the dragon with the orb/piece of triforce?
- 1:32-1:33, they... the cuccos! :(
- Here the field (?) music, oh come on, from what I see I'm pretty much sure they based on ALTTP field's music!

Really, if I had a PS3, I dopn't think I would buy this Zelda clone...
Poor Nintendo, if I were Miyamoto I would demand Sony and take every little cent they would win selling that game.
No one can copy Zelda's epicness... no one will ever will.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Like I said in the TLoZ for the Xbox thread.

No matter how many people assume or research it, Nintendo will not give up the game that's gotten them so far in stocks. TLoZ will not be released for any other system until the developers die, and/or until they run out of ideas for it TLoZ.

Sony would like to have TLoZ released for their systems, but that's a 10% chance.

Like I said in the TLoZ for the Xbox thread.

No matter how many people assume or research it, Nintendo will not give up the game that's gotten them so far in stocks. TLoZ will not be released for any other system until the developers die, and/or until they run out of ideas for it TLoZ.

Sony would like to have TLoZ released for their systems, but that's a 10% chance.

Agreed. Unless Nintendo stops making consoles, they will keep making their top franchises exclusively for their consoles. They are pretty reliant on them.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The point that you guys are entirely missing is that the game was not made by Microsoft nor Sony, but by a 3rd party-.-"

Woah, the PS3 game thing... clearly a copy from Zelda!

- Six sages protecting six orbs (well, I think they copied it from OOT, you know... five sages and five medallions, six sages and six oirbs, makes sense).
- The houses, the people and the trees look very similar to the houses, people and trees from 2D games, like OOA (mmm...).
- What about the thingat 0:44? It is in a desert (apparently) and it reminds me of the Gerudo Fortress.
- The guy at 0:59-1:00 who summons the (monsters?)... I think I've seen it in Zelda, or at least it reminds me of it.
- 1:05, hello Master Sword! 1:08, oh no, now the Master Sword is in the air, and the guy is 'grabbing' it! (I don't know... maybe when Link opens a chest something similar happens...)
- 1:14-1:15, the guy is killing enemies (I think he is thrwoing beams with his sword, though I'm not sure).
- 1:16-1:19, well, a dungeon (?), a chest and a boomerang...
- 1:25, see the dragon with the orb/piece of triforce?
- 1:32-1:33, they... the cuccos! :(
- Here the field (?) music, oh come on, from what I see I'm pretty much sure they based on ALTTP field's music!

Really, if I had a PS3, I dopn't think I would buy this Zelda clone...
Poor Nintendo, if I were Miyamoto I would demand Sony and take every little cent they would win selling that game.
No one can copy Zelda's epicness... no one will ever will.

completely agreewith you, no one can copy zeldas epicness. hope sony get sued for this.

anyway i couldnt care less because every single zelda game ever made is far better than darksiders and 3d dot game heroes, i have a ps3 (bought it 2nd hand to ensure it doesnt affect sales :P) and wont buy darksiders or 3d dot game heroes.

they can stick with those 2 pieces of crap, they can enjoy playing those rip offs while were getting zelda wii this year :)

CZG

Zelda itself is a big rip-off. Movies and books have done EVERTHING before the game did.

If you guys think that everthing in Zelda is made up by Nintendo has been living under a rock.
Really, that's why Zelda is so fun, it's sooooo damn cliche that everybody can play it right away.

Heroes pulling swords from pedestals? Silent heroes riding horses? Kidnapped pricesses, doomed kingdoms?
Really. Zelda is not original. I love it for that reason. If they started to be new, creative and refreshing...
All people outside Japan would say: What the... What is this? None of you would like the games, I'm sure.

Do you think average people would like new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I like Zelda a lot. But, come on, the most original thing they did is give a slight twist to something that has been done a dozen times.

I think I like the rip off thingy's. Just so you know.
Just because it's a rip off, just like Zelda.

I Don't believe how much how much of a rip off that is!
If they had to rip off Zelda, they could at least do it subtly.
They're like...screaming
OH MY GOD! GIVE ME ZELDA GIVE ME ZELDA GIMME GIMME GIMME! GIMEEEEEEEEEE!

Nobody can copy Zelda, and trying only proves how jealous they are that Nintendo came up with it 20 or so years before them..

Oh, and at 1:35 in the second video the king looks like santa...

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Zelda itself is a big rip-off. Movies and books have done EVERTHING before the game did.

If you guys think that everthing in Zelda is made up by Nintendo has been living under a rock.
Really, that's why Zelda is so fun, it's sooooo damn cliche that everybody can play it right away.

Heroes pulling swords from pedestals? Silent heroes riding horses? Kidnapped pricesses, doomed kingdoms?
Really. Zelda is not original. I love it for that reason. If they started to be new, creative and refreshing...
All people outside Japan would say: What the... What is this? None of you would like the games, I'm sure.

Do you think average people would like new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I like Zelda a lot. But, come on, the most original thing they did is give a slight twist to something that has been done a dozen times.

I think I like the rip off thingy's. Just so you know.
Just because it's a rip off, just like Zelda.

Majora's Mask. Original story, with a creepy twist.

I don't like the "dot game" graphics, either. Well, I've got to go and get some more heart... hrrrm, I mean... APPLE containers.

CZG

Majora's Mask. Original story, with a creepy twist.
QUOTE]

Like nothing like a meteor / comet, a rock like the moon, we call it the moon for some reason because it circles about the place) ever hit earth before. For real and in movies or even novels. The moon was a copy from their starfox / starwing game. No, they didn't invent the face on the moon either. They copied that idea from the 'real' face of Mars. Or at least the noticed the discussion on that.

In Japan, things that transform are very common.
Ok, they twisted it from transformers to a fantasy setting where Link lives...
The monsters in MM are very mechanical and technical. Like lots of stuff that happens over there.

Some of us may never seen something like MM before, but it definately isn't new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom