• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Looky here, we gots a Sonic tr4 fan!111ones :D

I personally only enjoyed the retro Sonic games. There was a few 3D titles that caught my eye, but it still didn't feel the same.

Oh and btw...the creators of Super Sonic...
SupersonicB.jpg

Dragon Ball Z - Super Saiyan
goku142.jpg

Oh and btw...the creators of Super Sonic...

Dragon Ball Z - Super Saiyan

Yeah, both were based on the same Japanese legend about some "Golden Warrior". That, or DBZ was based on this legend, then Sonic followed from DBZ. It wouldn't be the only time there have been Sonic/DBZ similarities. Here's a few more from SonicRetro .org

-Seven Chaos Emeralds, seven DragonBalls
-Super Sonic, Super Saiyan
-Kami's Lookout, Floating Island.
-Goku could fly with his tail, and Tails flies with his tail
-Goku and other DBZ characters have super speed, and Sonic characters do.
-Perfect Chaos, Perfect Cell
-Characters named after foods.
-Vegeta getting tricked into doing evil things, Knuckles gets tricked into doing evil things

Of course I don't know a lot about DBZ because I never did like it much or get into it. But I'm sure some people will find these similarities pretty interesting.

C

CoolSpot

God nobody cares about how sonic copied DBZ its all about who sonic instead of DBZ

Anyway. Yeah, it's old knowledge that Super Sonic was copied off of DBZ's SUper Saiyan.

<.<

Okay seriously, who in their right mind has a signature that long...?

Hanyou

didn't build that
But, no matter how good the games are, the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series from Archie will always top the games. I should make an Archie Sonic topic. Well, maybe not.

See the avatar? From the first issue of the first Knuckles comic. Those were epic.

I stopped following the Sonic comic around issue 100. I'd started around issue 25, and I was enthralled; but after endgame, the comic had absolutely no direction. I don't know how well it recovered. The Adventure-focused comics were alright, but they weren't as good as, say, the Mecha Madness issues.

Which brings me to the Knuckles comics. Almost all of them were heartfelt, enthralling, and completely original. There were some cliches, sure, but I felt like the focus was squarely on the characters, and I always wanted to see what dilemma they'd find themselves in next. Oddly enough, it really picked up during and after "Reunions." I'm not sure what issue number that was, but it's precisely when I realized how good the characters were, and how much I cared about threats to them.

Sonic was good prior to Eggman's death (and starting around issue 20, because before then it was too silly), and decent enough around the Adventure issues. Knuckles was ten times better, which is saying something.

Unfortunately, my mom threw away all issues of the comics, so I got nothing. Bummer.

See the avatar? From the first issue of the first Knuckles comic. Those were epic.

I stopped following the Sonic comic around issue 100. I'd started around issue 25, and I was enthralled; but after endgame, the comic had absolutely no direction. I don't know how well it recovered. The Adventure-focused comics were alright, but they weren't as good as, say, the Mecha Madness issues.

Which brings me to the Knuckles comics. Almost all of them were heartfelt, enthralling, and completely original. There were some cliches, sure, but I felt like the focus was squarely on the characters, and I always wanted to see what dilemma they'd find themselves in next. Oddly enough, it really picked up during and after "Reunions." I'm not sure what issue number that was, but it's precisely when I realized how good the characters were, and how much I cared about threats to them.

Sonic was good prior to Eggman's death (and starting around issue 20, because before then it was too silly), and decent enough around the Adventure issues. Knuckles was ten times better, which is saying something.

Unfortunately, my mom threw away all issues of the comics, so I got nothing. Bummer.

I've never read a Knuckles the Echidna issue. I'm currently working on buying every issue of the Archieverse Canon. I can get the first six Knuckles for about $35, which I think I'm gonna do.

I just wish I had started reading before #161...

EDIT: My Archieverse topic is lonely. Someone please go there. I already got de-repped for it (whatever those green bars are under your post count).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom