• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Songs or Compositions That Are Tear Jerkers For You.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Simple enough title, which songs or compositions cause you to shed tears?

For me, it's a few compositions.

First, "Wings For Marie (Pt. 1)" and "10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)" by Tool. I put them together as one composition because they really should be experienced as one piece of music.

The reason for this one is that not only is it gorgeous, but the lyrics hit really close to home for me, having lost my grandma to an autoimmune disease, yet, she, like Maynard's mother, still kept her faith. Just beautiful.

Next one is "No Bullets Fly" by Sabaton. You just have to read the story behind the song about Franz Stigler and Charlie Brown, the former a German pilot, and the latter an American bomber pilot, both served in WWII. Lemme just say, the friendship the two have, and Franz Stigler saving Charlie from the Nazi Party is just beautiful, and in my opinion, Franz Stigler deserves the Medal of Honor. I always get choked up with Franz Stigler saying, "I love you Charlie."

Finally, one from my favorite band of all time, Iron Maiden. The song "Paschendale." It moved me to tears when I first heard it, and I still struggle to hold them in when Bruce sings the line, "The sound of guns can't hide their shame."

So now that I've outed myself as a really big softie that cries to music, what music moves you to tears every time?

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby. It's so beautiful with the humming and the music going from soft to tense.

Not only belong the LOTR movies to the best movies ever but the music also is very memorable and great. The Breaking of the Fellowship is one of the most beautiful and saddest tracks ever. I can listen to it for hours and make me remember so many things. A great song if you wanna cure dry eyes :P

Visiting Hours by Ed Sheeran is beautiful and makes me wanna visit the many people who passed away in my life. So many things I want to tell them.

This one has been known as a very sad song in our family for decades. It brings back childhood memories and make me go through memory lane all the way. So many things all at once.
We played this at my mother's funeral (8 years ago sep 2th).

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Not only belong the LOTR movies to the best movies ever but the music also is very memorable and great. The Breaking of the Fellowship is one of the most beautiful and saddest tracks ever. I can listen to it for hours and make me remember so many things. A great song if you wanna cure dry eyes :P

"I made a promise Mr. Frodo. A promise. 'Don't you lose him Samewise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to... I don't mean to."

Thanks Vanessa, now ninjas are chopping onions, here! :P

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
These two songs hit very hard for me when I first heard them and they both were released very close to each other. Both songs were about a member of the band losing a grandparent. It’s been a few years since my grandmother passed away but hearing both of these songs made it real again to me. My moms best friend passed away recently too so that was also fresh in my mind at the time. Both are just very beautiful tracks and put me in the feels.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
"Adam's Song" by Blink 182 gets me a bit choked up. It hits home a little too hard, dealing with depression. Especially the lines:

"I never thought I'd die alone
Another six months I'll be unknown
Give all my things to all my friends
You'll never step foot in my room again
You'll close it off, board it up
Remember the time that I spilled the cup
Of apple juice in the hall
Please tell mom this is not her fault"

That last line always gets to me, because it's similar to thoughts I've had.

This one may seem like an odd choice, especially coming from someone like me, but "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw is such a hard one to listen to without tearing up. Being from Kentucky, I grew up listening to country music when I was younger, and I still like some of the older stuff from then. This is one of them, and it's always had such a sad story to it.

One of the Disney songs that gets to me, and is hard to sing without getting a lump in my throat is "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas. The message behind the song is so impactful, and I think I resonate with it because ultimately it's about having empathy for every living thing. A bit more of an underrated song as far as the major Disney songs go, but it's so hauntingly beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom