• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Song of the hero - what am I missing?

Skyward Sword HD
I tried SSHD for the first time and have completed a big part of the game. I've freed Levias from the parasite and is supposed to look for the Song of the Hero. But now it seems like I'm stuck.

If I go to Sealed Grounds a cut scene is supposed to be triggered and I should fight Imprisoned. But nothing special happens. The same thing if I go to the vulcano. The walkthrough says that there should happen something as soon as I go there, but nothing special happens.

Is there something I'm missing? I've looked at several tutorials but they doesn't say you should do anything else before looking for the Song of the hero. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Huh... Sounds like the old game breaking glitch from the Wii version that happens if you do the desert part of the song first. But I can personally attest that this glitch is no longer a thing. I can't imagine there would be another way to trigger it. I certainly haven't heard about it still being in the game.

It might be possible that you have to finish one part of the song before another will start. Did you enter the Lanayru Gorge before going to the woods or volcano? Or did you not actually go all the way down to the sealing spike in the pit for the battle to start? I'm not really sure what the problem would be if its not any of those things.

I went to the woods first, I landed at the statue behind the sealed temple the first time. I've also been down to the spike and even try to hit it just to see if that would trigger something.

Maybe I could go to the desert and see if it was possible to finish that part, if that would trigger something in the other locations.. if it is possible to do the desert part, or if the problem that the other locations won't trigger anything means that I can't do the desert song either.

I wanna think this happened to me on the Wii version. I didn't experience the "game-breaking" glitch that Azure Sage mentioned, but I was really terrified that I had. It's because I had gone to Lanayru and I think it loaded in the game memory that I was initiating that quest for being there, so the other two were just unavailable for triggering until I actually went to where I was supposed to in Lanayru to proceed with that quest. Hopefully this is the case for you as well.

As far as I know about the game-breaking glitch though, is that it's somehow linked to talking to that one Goron in the mine, so I just avoided talking to him until after I had the Song of the Hero completed.

I can confirm that I went to the desert instead and finish that part, and when went to the woods and made sure I landed on sealed grounds instead of behind the temple, then I got to fight the imprisoned. So now everything is good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom