• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Something Weird

Like 10 years ago, I bought Majora's Mask. When I played it I thought, "Yay, my first 3D Zelda game, and it's AWESOME! (I played MM before OoT) I beat the game and stuff.

One day, something very strange happened. I put in my MM cartridge for another play-through. The game started as usual with Link in the forest and the chase with the Skull Kid and all that. But then, just when the game begins to transition from dialogue to game-play, the weirdness started.

Every item in the inventory screen was an ocarina. Upon obtaining other items, like Deku Nuts, the item takes its rightful place, and removes an ocarina. I would die every time a used a Deku spin attack against a light object such as a box; some other similar actions yielded the same result (like throwing a box). I had NO hearts at all. The Great Fairy of Clock Town kept on calling me a zero for no reason (0000000 to be exact), then she'd kill me!. Some other weirdness happened that I can't quite recall right now (brain fog :( :S).

So, my question is: Your thoughts? Is this a well-known, established glitch? Like, is it a popularly known thing in the Zelda community that I don't know much about?

This is kinda embarrassing, considering I claim to be such a hardcore Zelda Fan.:embarrassed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I have read about glitches involving every item becoming a bottle. I'm not sure about the ocarina, but it sounds similar. It sounds like your game cartridge is definitely damaged!

Zleda

Toon Deity
Haha that's pretty sweet actually.... Well, that is if your game still works. If it's fried then that isn't cool at all :( I just have never experienced a glitch like that is all...

Jedizora

:right:
I bleive your talking about the 48 ocarina glitch. When your cartridge is put in crooked, this can happen. Don't worry, start a new save with your cartridge secure and everything will be okay.

This is actually a somewhat known glitch, referred to, at least in this thread, as the Crazy 48 glitch: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?10419-Crazy-48-Ocarina-Glitch-Majora-s-Mask

Does this still happen with your cartridge, or was it a one-time occurence?
In ^BOLD: <---This. Also: Luckily, yes, it was a one-time deal. Everything was okay after turning off my N64 console and starting over. :yes:

you're cartrige is totally screwed. sorry, but that's just how it seems. :tongue:
Nah, it still worked fine after restarting the console. ;)

Haha that's pretty sweet actually.... Well, that is if your game still works. If it's fried then that isn't cool at all :( I just have never experienced a glitch like that is all...
Not fried, fortunately :lol:, but I don't have my old MM cartridge anymore, because I got curious a few years back and disassembled it. :embarrassed: Today, I play MM on my Wii console, so no 48 Ocarina(?) glitch. :yes:

I bleive your talking about the 48 ocarina glitch. When your cartridge is put in crooked, this can happen. Don't worry, start a new save with your cartridge secure and everything will be okay.
So a crooked cartridge is to blame. Thanks for that bit of info; I had no idea. :yes: I started to think I had a cursed cartridge, and/or Ben was up to no good! :sweat:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

liz lemonade

Sounds glitched but not even close to Ben's... No cartridge is as screwed up as that one. :P

I've had this glitch a couple times, usually after not playing the cartridge for a very long time. The first time it happened was hilarious cause it was like midnight and my friend was over giving ridiculous commentary. Fast forward a year or so, another friend told me about the Haunted Majora's Mask series and we got ourselves pretty freaked out by it. She came over to play my copy of the game and boldly christened her file "Ben." Given the universe's sense of humor, you can probably guess what happened.

I knew exactly what was going on, but I think she was pretty terrified. Link constantly died because the health bar was nonexistent; dog attacks and even getting touched by a fairy killed him. Since she couldn't progress past the fairy fountain (and was probably really frightened by the Great Fairy calling Link "0000000") she restarted the game. Then she returned to the load file screen and found this:

76332_151080928271722_100001094486985_253111_8365009_n.jpg

I told her not to use the name Ben, but nooooo. She shouldn't have done that.

(Really I guess the game was inserted correctly that time and it just so happened that the two files were named "Danger" because I had nothing better to name it and "Skye" because my sister was playing it once).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom